Poll: Pick

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, and I would only do it if I really had to go do something that requires my immediate attention. I don't queue to be carried into free epics. It may be easy-mode content, but what's the point in paying for a game if I'm just gonna AFK through things? This same principle is applied to bots. Going AFK only contributes to turning LFR into a cesspool. Ironically, many of those who AFK through it also complain about the very issues they cause.

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    I have.

I usually queue as a Tank in LFR, and on some fights you really only need 1 Tank in LFR. I normally still do these fights fully, but occasionally I get paired with a Super-Ego-My-Guild-Cleared-MSV-On-Normal tank, and they keep taunting shit off of me and basically just giving me nothing to do. If they do that, I say screw it and just AFK because my DPS without Vengeance is pathetic (I still have it up via Dual Monitoring in case the tank goes down so I can hop in, but I am not hitting my buttons)

I only AFK with these types of tanks, but you would be surprised at how many tanks are like this.

I never AFK'ed as DPS or Healing.
    Ugh, that kind of tanks are the reason why I avoid queueing as a tank for LFR. Congratulations, you cleared normal mode. I only do LFR, so would you kindly give me a chance to actually play my role every now and then? Yes, I know you just looooove to top DPS on Feng with Reversal and then brag about your amazing DPS after the fight ends, but some people really don't care about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only time I can remember is when I had too much coffe and had to rusch away for a while

Funny you should bring it up. A friend of mine has some kinda footpedals connected to the comp that you can config to keypresses (costs like 45 euro)

On last LAN he would sometimes just tapped his foot on one pedal to cast like chainlightning and talked to me, didn't have to look at the fight. No glorious dps but never any complaint. what I heard of.

Yes, still came top DPS.

Seriously though, half the players in LFR may as well be AFK.

Yes, last night on Empress I had a small panic moment in the kitchen.

But then you can safely say that myself and my guildies were making the run extraordinairly fast anyway with our gear, so I don't feel guilty.

I never join with the intent to afk though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I just autoattack and some people still don't outdps me. It's silly really.
    Pretty much this, I don't always do it but when I need a piss or something I can still manage to beat some people. This is on alts btw, not exactly great geared - Bare minimum to get in.

Deleted
    ive got duel moniters so im almost always watching something on one of those but not fully afk no

Last night i did 4 LFRs and i was afk during most of the bosses. I was watching stuff on youtube and getting loot... woot!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe had to run away to do something quickly on trash once or twice, but never on bosses.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Should be ashamed of yourselves.

What makes you think you're above everyone else so much so that you can expect 20+ other people to essentially boost you through LFR?

I usually go in with 10+ guildees, and we make sure to kick anyone who is doing nothing/autoattacking.

Yes LFR is easy, so stop AFKing, help out, and get it done faster. If you're that lazy in a fantasy world I dread to think how bad you are in the real world. Do you get pushed around in a wheelbarrow when you need to get somewhere?

Disgraceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I just autoattack and some people still don't outdps me. It's silly really.
    They are either AFK as well or healers.

I myself have never AFK'ed in an LFR nor do I ever plan on it. It's disrespectful to other players and is a pretty dick thing to do.

You are not special, you are not entitled to free loot/VP, do what you queued for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

I will go take a piss or grab a drink if need be. But I don't just auto follow someone and AFK though the whole thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseej View Post
    I have.

I usually queue as a Tank in LFR, and on some fights you really only need 1 Tank in LFR. I normally still do these fights fully, but occasionally I get paired with a Super-Ego-My-Guild-Cleared-MSV-On-Normal tank, and they keep taunting shit off of me and basically just giving me nothing to do. If they do that, I say screw it and just AFK because my DPS without Vengeance is pathetic (I still have it up via Dual Monitoring in case the tank goes down so I can hop in, but I am not hitting my buttons)

I only AFK with these types of tanks, but you would be surprised at how many tanks are like this.

I never AFK'ed as DPS or Healing.
    This
    If I get a tank taunting boss off me on let's say Spirit Kings constantly (as it happens a lot that I just pull aggro off him with my normal rotation) I just go on chatting with friends or sth like that, controlling two things:
    a) Am I alive?
    b) Is the other tank alive (in case I need to hop in)

I might go short afk on trash as dps sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yes, still came top DPS.

Seriously though, half the players in LFR may as well be AFK.
    Unless you're full BiS Heroic and a Fury Warrior I call complete and utter BS. Fury Warriors have probably the highest Single Target Auto Attack damage in the game and mine (Which admittedly is only 482 ilvl, but still) has at best only ever out-dps'd maybe 2-3 people by auto attacking THE WHOLE FIGHT. There is ALWAYS some decent players in LFR, and there has to be, if everyone was pulling Auto Attack DPS you WOULD hit Beserk Timers on any fight that has one. (However if you're only AFK'ing just to grab a drink or go the Loo then I can understand still beating people, I just assume that by AFK we're talking about the general AFK 'the whole fight' scenario, but I guess both are counted as 'AFKing')

In direct response to OP and what I answered in the Poll, Yes, from time to time. Mainly when I Que and after being in Que for 20-40 minutes it finally pops but I've already started making dinner. So I just keep making my dinner whilst coming back to my room and moving my character into an Auto Attack position, or coming back every couple minutes and shifting to where the boss has moved to.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2013-01-03 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Of course not, if i dont top recount against full raid-hc equipped guys .. i wont be satisfied .

And seriously, im a good player so no i always do my best to be of help during lfr or lfd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too often, but I always queue up with guildies that make up for the dps I'm not doing.

All the time. Trash is boring as hell.

Deleted
    Not really, I just want to get over it as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by mmoc85496fa4a4; 2013-10-02 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I did a moment ago. Lunch was ready while the last boss was half dead. Refresh DoTs one last time and /afk.

I hardly feel guilty for that.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    I voted no since I only have been afk for about a minute when getting a cup of coffee right after a boss died or similiar. If you que for LFR you can atleast be there and help out.

Only did the DS lfr a few times but I never really technically afk'd, I feel asleep at Deathwing and ran off the edge, upon realising what just happened I left the raid party.
    I've done this more than once in different dungeons etc. I'm not sure if it counts as afk'ing