Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's an outside chance, but does it negate Life Tap damage? .
    Just tried and it doesnt, u still take dmg from life tap even with a shield that absorbs 100k dmg. In pve its gona be pretty good, unless the fight has constant aoe dmg, if u're in fight like elegon lets say where u take dmg once 20s+ healers wont even have to worry about you, the duration of the shield its 15s and shouldnt be much of problem to maintain it.

Premade char, mine stil copying.

Wrathion doesnt have anything related with the Green fire Quest.

It might require a prequest or even all 3 stages of the legendary quest already made. I do not know gota dig deeper!

SapPact was overnerfed and its bugged.

It sacrifices 75% of the HP pets(BUG), on my premade Glyphed(demon training) Felguard with 200k HP gave a 90k Shield, not really great
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-01-02 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    I take it is doesn't heal your pet anymore? Disappointing if it doesn't, one of the great synergies of the talent system is/was using it with soul link as demo or sac pac, especially when soloing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi2biT View Post
    I take it is doesn't heal your pet anymore? Disappointing if it doesn't, one of the great synergies of the talent system is/was using it with soul link as demo or sac pac, especially when soloing.
    if you talking of Soul Leech it also gives a Shield to the pet

Deleted
    At least thats in there ta, does that shield negate the damage from sac pac? Ah nvm read your edit sacpac buggy ATM. Thx for the reply though.
    Last edited by mmocba53877738; 2013-01-03 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi2biT View Post
    At least thats in there ta, does that shield negate the damage from sac pac? Ah nvm read your edit sacpac buggy ATM. Thx for the reply though.
    hard to test, Dummies dont give Soul leech but went on mobs and all the time the pet HP was reduced TO 25%not BY 25%

also Wrathguard has no threatening presence toggle in pet tab, Felguard has it thou
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-01-03 at 12:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Premade char, mine stil copying.

Wrathion doesnt have anything related with the Green fire Quest.

It might require a prequest or even all 3 stages of the legendary quest already made. I do not know gota dig deeper!

SapPact was overnerfed and its bugged.

It sacrifices 75% of the HP pets(BUG), on my premade Glyphed(demon training) Felguard with 200k HP gave a 90k Shield, not really great
    You need to get a Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion to start the questline. No idea where they're from but they weren't soulbound in 5.1 PTR, so most likely it's a rare drop somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You need to get a Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion to start the questline. No idea where they're from but they weren't soulbound in 5.1 PTR, so most likely it's a rare drop somewhere.
    Eugh. Considering the wording on the PTR notes, it'll probably show up on the BMAH as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Just tried and it doesnt, u still take dmg from life tap even with a shield that absorbs 100k dmg.
    Cheers for checking. I've set up the PTR myself now, so should be able to do further testing myself.

Shame though, I was hoping it would better help with our Life Tap habits. This forces us to rely on healers, or more direct heal options to offset our Life Tapping, especially in Demo. With Demo I've even run into mana trouble while just out doing basic stuff like questing/scenarios so this isn't helping there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It does stack but how often will you find yourself in a situation where the bubble you get isn't even going to get the opportunity to stack? 100k Haunt = 20k shield that can stack with MG ticks (assuming MG ticking for 20k = 2k shield per tick, so 10k shield for a full cast). Will hardly mitigate anything in any raid. Pretty bad, imo.
    If the bubble stacks, then it is the same thing as the heal, with the added bonus that you aren't wasting the heal when you are topped off.

If you have 200k out of 400k health, and get a 20k heal you now have to take 220k damage before you die. If you get a 20k shield, you still have to take 220k damage before you die. It being a stacking shield over a heal is only a buff.

The shield actually seems pretty damn OP the way it's working ... if it stacks with itself and goes up to your health total ... I see it being nerfed significantly. Probably up to half your health at most, and/or reducing its duration significantly to prevent such stacking
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    The shield actually seems pretty damn OP the way it's working ... if it stacks with itself and goes up to your health total ... I see it being nerfed significantly. Probably up to half your health at most, and/or reducing its duration significantly to prevent such stacking
    Yea this is basically how I feel about it, if the cap is even 1\4 of my health I could see myself just switching to soul leech full time in raids.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    k the destro nerf does not make sense whatsoever it's already horrible in pvE and even LOL's in PVP since I bet you it got nerfed because horrible people in BG's complain about it meaning HE HIT ME FOR 900K CHAOSBOLT HELP BLIZZARD; Affliction barely lost any damage.

Also where's my green fire if It's on the BMAH I have like 9999999999 gold les go like let me spend it GIVE ME MY FIRE.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-01-03 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to do some checking on where that damn codex could be from, but not even portals worked on the PTR so.. :P

Yeah, it's bugged like crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I was going to do some checking on where that damn codex could be from, but not even portals worked on the PTR so.. :P
    Yep I was going to check back at the warlock place in SW, but indeed no portals. Should have copied my char while he was in SW.

Does anyone actually have their lock in a city? All of them seem to be in Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Does anyone actually have their lock in a city? All of them seem to be in Pandaria.
    Just made a level 1 human and walked all the way to SW, only characters there are mages, so I'm beginning to think everybody's getting ported to Pandaria or something. Went to the warlock place, but seems the same. Just the 1 book (which I can't read right now cause of the interaction bug) that was always there. Being level 1 none of the quests for warlocks show up, so I can't tell if there's new quests for us.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just made a level 1 human and walked all the way to SW, only characters there are mages, so I'm beginning to think everybody's getting ported to Pandaria or something. Went to the warlock place, but seems the same. Just the 1 book (which I can't read right now cause of the interaction bug) that was always there. Being level 1 none of the quests for warlocks show up, so I can't tell if there's new quests for us.
    But are you sure the book starts the quest? Isn't the book just part of the chain?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I could re-copy my warlock with him in a city if that would help

Although, I doubt that it comes from a trainer. Given the wording, it's probably a rare drop from somewhere. Maybe the Isle of Thunder. Hopefully NOT the BMAH. That would be serious fail.
    Last edited by mmoc2c82f72dbd; 2013-01-03 at 02:44 PM.