Deleted

[New item] Lightbringer, goodbye teemo?

So if you go to this article on reddit, you will see they will add the new item called lightbringer:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...s-for-1-3-2013

What does this do?

The Lightbringer
    UNIQUE Passive: Nearby stealthed enemy traps arerevealed.

Great anti teemo counter item, i hope it will be coming to Summoners rift and not only 3vs3.

What you guys think about this new exciting item coming?

The item in work! (picture):
    http://i.imgur.com/xcDW1.jpg
    Last edited by mmocb3b4825c72; 2013-01-03 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added picture.

Deleted
    Shows only how superior Teemo is when they have to design an item to counter one specific champion which people otherwise fail against

It has other champs it helps against, Caitlyn, Nidalee. Maybe they have a few more trap champs in development?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    It has other champs it helps against, Caitlyn, Nidalee. Maybe they have a few more trap champs in development?
    Shaco puppets

Deleted
    the lightbringer is already in the game and last i checked it was dominion only also caits and nidalees traps aren't stealthed ^^

So unless you love to play dominion you can still play this adorable little creature!

edit: i could be wrong though and they plan on adding it to summoners rift as well since the stats of the item in the article differ quite a lot from the ones ingame, but i couldnt find a hint on that in there
    Last edited by mmoce8faa0dee2; 2013-01-03 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    "You think youve gotten away and run into bush to recall and POW, its the f**king Caitlyn trap and you die!!! >:@"
    "Omg Nidalee traps all over the place, OP wannabe ward map coverage, wtf is this sh*t Riot!!?!"
    "AAARGH them Shaco BOXES!!!!!111oneeleven!!!"

Things you never hear or max once a year from a below mediocre player still learning the game mechanics... Change Teemo and mushrooms into those; everywhere...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belajasx View Post
    "Omg Nidalee traps all over the place, OP wannabe ward map coverage, wtf is this sh*t Riot!!?!"

Traps OP!

Deleted
    Sounds like a waste of an item slot and gold really...

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Not really gonna matter since 90% of good spots for shrooms are in a bush after early laning is over, and early laning the shrooms are there for a warning more than damage. Either you have to facecheck and it's not gonna help, or it's at Baron/Dragon so having to destroy the shroom already tells the team where you are. Unless it lets you see them from outside a bush (I don't think it does).
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-01-03 at 01:32 PM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    Not really gonna matter since 90% of good spots for shrooms are in a bush after early laning is over, and early laning the shrooms are there for a warning more than damage. Either you have to facecheck and it's not gonna help, or it's at Baron/Dragon so having to destroy the shroom already tells the team where you are. Unless it lets you see them from outside a bush (I don't think it does).
    Lightbringer. As in, Domininion/Twisted Treeline* item. As in, there are no wards on that map. As in, anything that provides vision or early warning is insanely powerful there.

Please realise what we're talking about.

--

Additionally, for its cost it's incredibly cost efficient.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2013-01-03 at 01:49 PM. Reason: //edit: *Well, Lightbringer is Dominion only, Hextech Sweeper is not.

Deleted
    Cait and Nidalee traps aren't invisible. They're quite easy to spot T_T

Deleted
    Did anyone check if Hextech Sweeper has the same? There's already little initiative to go any AP when Cho'gath is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Cait and Nidalee traps aren't invisible. They're quite easy to spot T_T
    Touche, though the latter depends on your eyes, haha. Mine, not so much.

But as someone said before, Shaco boxes before triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Did anyone check if Hextech Sweeper has the same? There's already little initiative to go any AP when Cho'gath is banned.
    Not yet. RiotNome said he will likely give the same change to Sweeper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    Sounds like a waste of an item slot and gold really...
    Remember that oracle doesn't last forever anymore and that I guess u can't buy oracle at all in TT and DOM.

Deleted
    Oracle costs 250 in TT and Dominion.
    IDK about Lightbringer, it sounds like update for that meh lantern, but Sweeper is pretty much good item for it gives utility that you either need or map does not give (movespeed, hp, CDR).

The point of those items is powerful active don't forget that.

Well any nerf to Timothy, direct or indirect, is good anyway.

Deleted
    so. give up one item slot to spot hidden mushrooms (let's be fair, shaco boxes are rarely put down in the same manner as teemo mushrooms).
    depending on the stats on that item it might be worth it but it most likely will not be.

no huge change overall.
    teemo's strength is his ability to become somewhat ungankable with good shroom placements, him being able to go stealthed (slow someone on a shroom, run around a corner and just stand still) and being able to kite a huge array of top champions (high passive moment speed boost, higher activated movement speed boost) as well as negate a lot of their/an ad carry's damage by blinding them.

that someone won't be stepping on shrooms just means that he's actively deterring a gank or that he knows that they're there due to them clearing the shroom.

this item is just good for the same reason oracle is - clearing mushrooms prior to a teamfight.

Deleted
    You're not really giving up anything, lantern was already pretty good item for killing jungle and revealing ganks. Hextech sweeper gives you many useful stats, which are useful for any AP, so you'd better get it regardless. It's even better than oracle now, as it's supposed to detect traps in nearby brushes as well.

Only thing that really bugs me is random damage on it. WTF riot?

Deleted
    This is only on Dominion and 3v3 since teemos schrooms in these maps havde much great advantage because there is objectives and few places to place shrooms

it has nothing to do with 5v5 and won't change the gameplay for it

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Lightbringer. As in, Domininion/Twisted Treeline* item. As in, there are no wards on that map. As in, anything that provides vision or early warning is insanely powerful there.

Please realise what we're talking about.

--

Additionally, for its cost it's incredibly cost efficient.
    My bad, thought this item was in there already for some reason. I never play TT. ~_~
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?