Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

[Virginity] - Why the discrepancy between men and women? Not fair.

Something that has always bothered me. I know that when I was in college (my first semester ever) there was this girl I met at a Freshman only event and she practically threw herself at me. I could have gone for the kill but getting a young woman pregnant outside of marriage would put shame to our family name and future weddings wouldn't be blessed.

I told some close friends about it and they looked at me weird when I told them that I was still a virgin. How come its us guys that look like aliens or foreign creatures if we haven't "gone in the for kill" yet? However, if girls/women lose theirs, then they are "whores".

Doesn't make sense - why doesn't everyone just save themselves for marriage, so that their significant other will have the keys to their partners' respective gardens? Please enlighten me. I had to leave a groups of friends yesterday because they laughed at my virgin status.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think women who have lost their virginity in college are usually thought of as "whores" anymore. And if you're concerned about pregnancy, wear a condom. If used properly, it's extremely unlikely that you'll get the woman pregnant.

As for men, I was a virgin until age 20 I think, no one ever gave me a hard time about it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's one of society's double standards. Women are thought of as "sluts" for too much sex, whereas men are scrutinized for both too much or too little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Something that has always bothered me. I know that when I was in college (my first semester ever) there was this girl I met at a Freshman only event and she practically threw herself at me. I could have gone for the kill but getting a young woman pregnant outside of marriage would put shame to our family name and future weddings wouldn't be blessed.

I told some close friends about it and they looked at me weird when I told them that I was still a virgin. How come its us guys that look like aliens or foreign creatures if we haven't "gone in the for kill" yet? However, if girls/women lose theirs, then they are "whores".

Doesn't make sense - why doesn't everyone just save themselves for marriage, so that their significant other will have the keys to their partners' respective gardens? Please enlighten me. I had to leave a groups of friends yesterday because they laughed at my virgin status.
    short version, hypocrisy... as far as you being laughed at, virtuous behavior in current society is not the norm, so, many dont know how to deal with those that try to have virtue.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

It's called a double standard. You have to learn to deal with them because people as a whole are stupid.

Doesn't make sense - why doesn't everyone just save themselves for marriage, so that their significant other will have the keys to their partners' respective gardens?
    It's because not everyone buys into foolishly sentimental reasons associated purely with past religious practices. It's not exactly a major part, but a good, lasting relationship isn't going to survive in the long-term with barely adequate sex, and no matter how good of a 'natural' you are there's no better teacher than experience.

Deleted

Because sex is fun. You shouldn't save yourself if you want to engage in seksual activity.(Don't let religion dictate your sexlife, because the pope is an 80year old virgin and knows nothing about sex, same for other religions) And women aren't whores when they loose their virginity, I don't know any girl of my age that is still a virgin (apart from a rare few). Nobody calls them whores, nobody calls them sluts, infact female sluts are looked down upon just like a male slut would be looked down upon (not because they like sex, but because of the increased chance of diseases).

Also if you want to not get diseases or make a girl pregnant, thats what condoms are used for. If you are against condoms, then I suggest you get in touch with reality.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2013-01-03 at 02:54 PM.

The one about women has died down tenfold over the last decade.

I don't think either sex is looked down upon anymore with this generation, it's more shock now because everyone, male and female, are expected to lose their virginity by age 17.

Also, there are numerous ways to not get a woman pregnant.

Using the phrase "going for the kill" might keep you a virgin whether you want to be or not.

Friends are supposed to laugh at each other. If you can't laugh at a friends virginity, talk about banging their mom, laugh at them when the hurt themselves or draw penises on their forehead when they pass out...they aren't real friends anyways.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Friends are supposed to laugh at each other. If you can't laugh at a friends virginity, talk about banging their mom, laugh at them when the hurt themselves or draw penises on their forehead when they pass out...they aren't real friends anyways.
    Yikes, I guess my friends and I are doing it wrong.

going in for the kill ?
    You know "hitting that" is not literal right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yikes, I guess my friends and I are doing it wrong.
    Seriously. My friends and I never did this stuff, and we had a blast with each other. Of course we all lost our virginities within a few months of one another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Actually I only do this with my best friends, because they know its for shitn gigglz

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Seriously. My friends and I never did this stuff, and we had a blast with each other. Of course we all lost our virginities within a few months of one another.
    Mine and I really have never talked about that stuff, even dating back to high school. We just flap our yaps about video games and other nerdery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Mine and I really have never talked about that stuff, even dating back to high school. We just flap our yaps about video games and other nerdery.
    I'm not sure why, but my friends were never gamers. One was a football player, another a track and field/basketball player, and the girls were super hot and well liked in the school. I was the only non-sports playing gamer of the whole group, and it's pretty much stayed that way in my adult life. It's almost like gaming is my personal private life I don't share with others, not because I'm ashamed of it, but because I kind of like having a part of me that belongs only to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all about maturity. I'm still a virgin, It's not that I havent had a chance with a girl; I get hit on every social place I go but I rather have sex with someone special.

Oh, teenage boys think it's cool to get laid with every girl they see.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-01-03 at 03:05 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    It's an American thing. An American stereotype.

People in other parts of the world didn't care so much about what males do, but thanks to certain retarded sections of American pop culture they now do.

Just do whatever you want, and these folks don't sound like your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    It's all about maturity. I'm still a virgin, It's not that I havent had a chance with a girl; I get hit on every social place I go but I rather have sex with someone special.
    Saving yourself for someone special isn't maturity. It's a personal choice, but it doesn't make you more mature than the others around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saving yourself for someone special isn't maturity. It's a personal choice, but it doesn't make you more mature than the others around you.
    It was rather an answer to the op of how people look at it.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I'm not sure why, but my friends were never gamers. One was a football player, another a track and field/basketball player, and the girls were super hot and well liked in the school. I was the only non-sports playing gamer of the whole group, and it's pretty much stayed that way in my adult life. It's almost like gaming is my personal private life I don't share with others, not because I'm ashamed of it, but because I kind of like having a part of me that belongs only to me.
    We game together pretty often. Crash at somebody's house / apartment, just unhealthy munchies, throw on the Netflix for background noise and play games until our eyes bleed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this double standard fails on a couple of levels:

1. Why is it wrong to want women to not be slutty slam-pigs who sleep with everything in sight? I don't see anything wrong with the traditional gender role of women being the fairer sex who are more moral and pure. Yeah, that's a real insult...

2. If you said it was wrong for gay men to do it then these same women will get mad, so it's not men having too much sex that bothers them, it's straight men having too much sex that bothers them

3. And if straight men are having too much sex then obviously straight women are having too much sex so the entire argument collapses in on itself from all angles anyway.

Deleted
    Haven't really heard any woman around where I live, be called a whore, for losing her virginity.

Now, that would be boring. First time I had sex I was 13, was with a guy that was a few years older than me. Curiosity was what got me interested in it, why abstain from it when you're curious about what it is like?