Well I just read Usagi Drop out of morbid curiosity to see how it unfolded myself. Manga spoilers: I don't know how I feel about it, I mean, I knew it was coming, but having seen the show and then seeing it happen kind of made it.. more odd. I'm not against the idea, besides I don't mind wincest, I dunno.. I just never got a romantic vibe from them, it is probably due to seeing Daikichi raise Rin in the anime. The not actually related part just seemed way to shoe horned in so it was a little less weird, all in all, it just didn't feel.. natural, at all. I would of much prefered Daikichi with Kouki's mom and they would be a nice cozy family forever. ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Well I just read Usagi Drop out of morbid curiosity to see how it unfolded myself. Manga spoilers: I don't know how I feel about it, I mean, I knew it was coming, but having seen the show and then seeing it happen kind of made it.. more odd. I'm not against the idea, besides I don't mind wincest, I dunno.. I just never got a romantic vibe from them, it is probably due to seeing Daikichi raise Rin in the anime. The not actually related part just seemed way to shoe horned in so it was a little less weird, all in all, it just didn't feel.. natural, at all. I would of much prefered Daikichi with Kouki's mom and they would be a nice cozy family forever. ;_;
    How long did it take you to read it, I thought you just watched the show.. I swear I must be the slowest manga reader ever, a single volume takes me a few hours. (And this is from someone who can and has multiple times read a thousand page book in 2-3 days).

Also, it's not really wincest. They are completely unrelated. I don't mind how it ended but him ending up with Kouki's mom probably would have been a far better ending for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    How long did it take you to read it, I thought you just watched the show.. I swear I must be the slowest manga reader ever, a single volume takes me a few hours. (And this is from someone who can and has multiple times read a thousand page book in 2-3 days).
    I didn't read the entire manga, just where the time skip began.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I didn't read the entire manga, just where the time skip began.
    I have a tough time doing stuff like that. I'm always paranoid something later on in a manga/LN will be referenced from something that wasn't adapted into the anime, or a scene was left out that I'd miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    I haven't actually read it, but I know all of the spoilers, and the story goes in an unexpected direction. I won't say anything else.

And same here, it's tied with Fate/Zero as my favorite series. I would love to just watch Horo and Lawrence talk for hours on end. I actually have fan translations of the novels all the way up to 12, but I've been holding back and reading the official releases instead. At first I hated how slow Yen Press was with them, but now I see it as a good excuse to draw out the story as much as possible so it won't end, hehe.
    Ah, ok. And yeah, Spice and Wolf is my #2 anime for me and Holo my favorite character of all time. Such an amazing anime. You'd think with the metric shit ton of people that want another season they'd make one.

I'm currently on the 5th volume and like you I don't want to read the fan subs. The wait time isn't so bad now that they sped up the releases, too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I was kind of slow when I started reading manga, well at least I thought I was, and now I read a volume in around 30-45 minutes. No idea what the average for it is though. It's weird. When I start reading a manga I'm a bit slow, but once I kind of get into the "groove" of things, I pick up the pace quite a bit. No idea why lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Where's the best place to buy manga? I was going to use Amazon, but I thought I'd ask to see if there was somewhere else that was cheaper and would save me some money before I bought a bunch on Amazon.

probably your local book store if its in your language? atleast in germany its cheaper that way but u cant buy most ;X

also how many chapters is a volume? i read about 100 chapters in 5h or for books arround 100 pages in 1h
    Last edited by Valynvin; 2013-01-03 at 10:05 AM.

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Started watching Nisemonogatari.. I have to post this:

The "kaka" gets me every time.. so damn cute.

Steins;Gate episode 13 is remarkably similar with one of the episodes in Madoka Especially noticable if you watch them as close to eachother as I just did

10+ Year Old Account
    is that the one with all the mayuri deaths?
    [CENTER]

i just finished shion no ou quite the good anime i have to say if u havent checked out that one yet and are still searching for something to watch give it a try ;P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    is that the one with all the mayuri deaths?
    indeed, and I watched the episode with Homura resetting the world to prevent Madoka's death only yesterday, so seeing it now happen in Steins;Gate struck me as quite amusing.
    Last edited by Money; 2013-01-03 at 06:07 PM.

finished code breaker why did they make this bad adaption? they didnt even show the interesting parts like december 32 ogamis real power heike sakuras real mother etc... :< they shouldnt have made this a 13 ep anime.
    destroyed a good story like back in the days with the air gear anime (that was in itself pretty good but still alot worse then the manga ;X)

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with 13 episodes it doesn't give much wiggle room to fill in all that info...
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    so eh somebody seen tiger & bunny?
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah syn, I enjoyed it
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    so eh somebody seen tiger & bunny?
    Think I saw 1 or 2 episodes of it a while back, can't remember why I dropped it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Yeah syn, I enjoyed it
    okzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Think I saw 1 or 2 episodes of it a while back, can't remember why I dropped it
    thats helpful thanks xD tell when you found out why if you would find out at all.

if internet stops being a doucebag i'll see if i'll get a torrent for it.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

might be a very shallow reason though, was still quite new to anime and quickly dropped shows when for instance I just couldn't stand one of the characters, especially a protagonist ... think that was the case with Tiger and Bunny, couldn't stand the younger guy I think - though keep in mind I barely gave it a chance so don't know if there's any character progression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFZQCbnEyMI

You know you can't get enough of dat schwinguuu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

why do we get only short animes this week ;< another 3m anime just got released x.x

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL