Poll: Should we Kill Sylvanas instead of Garrosh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    What is there to comprehend about an insane rotting elf? She's nothing a shotgun blast can't fix anyways. Well one for each Valkyr she has left. Undead = pathetic
    At least they dont need humans to fight their battles for them.

Wow look at those biased poll choices. I love Sylvanas and the lore around her. To compare her to the mindless beast Garrosh is an insult to her intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    And a warlock! He is a Lightlock! Hide! And I never heard anyone in the alliance having problems about being murderers and tyrants, right humans? But when the Forsaken win the war and rule Azeroth, nobody will think about her as a tyrant and murderer, then she is a hero!
    Humans murderers and tyrants? Name one example. You cant.

The humans causes have always been righteous, and peaceful. It wasnt until the savage horde destroyed our homeland and raped and pillaged our homes that we defended our freedoms. Warcraft 2 Opening cut scene. Watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know, the Humans totally needed to kill of the Trolls with the help of the Highelfs. It's proven, Humans were the first people in the northern Kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

The humans causes have always been righteous, and peaceful. It wasnt until the savage horde destroyed our homeland and raped and pillaged our homes that we defended our freedoms. Warcraft 2 Opening cut scene. Watch it.
    That's funny. "The Horde" in its current existence is a band of very different factions with very different goals/values, drawn together due to the hatred, rejection, and RACISM committed against them by the Alliance. The Blood Elves were nearly completely wiped out due to the evil of one human, who the Alliance still upholds as a "righteous martyr" of their cause.

Point of View and Perspective are everything. So the Horde rapes and pillages your homeland. Does it "justify" you doing the same to theirs? If my friend kills your friend, so you kill him in exchange, do I have the right to kill you now? Reading other posts you made, doesn't surprise me, Jaylock. Sometimes I wonder if you even have time to play the game, with all the time you waste making/contributing to threads like this. :-P

Both should die
    Vol jin for warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    heres an idea, how about we kill varian wrynn? sniveling little whiny emo king I much preferred bolvar as the alliance leader even as a horde player at least he had some `balls` about him, not to mention the fact that varian has sent countless alliance troops in harms way and sacrificed many more simply to track down his own son, hardly thinking of the big picture there was he?
    Countless Alliance troops to rescue Anduin? Have you even read up on the Alliance story?
    A small team is sent to rescue Anduin. The forces we see now in 5.1 are those sent to defeat the Horde and protect Pandaria. So no there have not been countless deaths at all. Also I'd really wouldn't use the term "not thinking about the big picture" when the fact is that is precisely what Anduin's destiny has been since Velen prophesied it.

The guy's now a very principled leader who absolutely knows right from wrong and definitely is wise enough to see what state the Horde is right now and that it is not representative of what the Horde could be under a better leader. He is truly a breath of fresh air for Alliance players and particularly fans of Warcraft's Humans who for the longest time have been characterised by their worst traits, so having a leader who is wise, noble, compassionate and good is great. Him dying is the last thing the story needs at this moment.

Meanwhile Sylvanas is being developed in the complete opposite direction. She is going deeper and deeper down a dark path that is so far leaving a very dark stain on the Horde considering what the aim was for Thrall's Horde, and aim that is the Horde's goal by the end of MoP after it's cast off Garrosh. Sylvanas doesn't really have a place in that Horde.

Before Sylvanas can be killed she needs to find redemption or she will end up in the same place as Arthas. Die now and she ends up in a hell like existence, the same fate as Arthas. The only possible solution is to have her save her own soul (not sure if that's even possible) so that when she die's she goes to heaven and will no longer resist her fate. The only other loose thread that would stop her is the fate of the undead army after she is gone. I don't know how much she would care for them if she was ensured entry into heaven, as she seems to only use them to protect her from her own destiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    That's funny. "The Horde" in its current existence is a band of very different factions with very different goals/values, drawn together due to the hatred, rejection, and RACISM committed against them by the Alliance. The Blood Elves were nearly completely wiped out due to the evil of one human, who the Alliance still upholds as a "righteous martyr" of their cause.

Point of View and Perspective are everything. So the Horde rapes and pillages your homeland. Does it "justify" you doing the same to theirs? If my friend kills your friend, so you kill him in exchange, do I have the right to kill you now? Reading other posts you made, doesn't surprise me, Jaylock. Sometimes I wonder if you even have time to play the game, with all the time you waste making/contributing to threads like this. :-P
    Psst, don't use logic. Like I said the Human path of righteousness ended when they claimed the Northern Kindoms against the Trolls, and then woked with the High Elfs to make the situation worse. But hey, the Amani are savages, the Horde are all pillagers and rapists and the Undead unnatural, so it's all righteous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    The Blood Elves were nearly completely wiped out due to the evil of one human, who the Alliance still upholds as a "righteous martyr" of their cause.
    Are we talking Arthas or Garithos here?
    Nobody in the Alliance likes or revered Arthas after what he did, least of all Humans and Dwarves.
    Garithos on the other hand hasn't been mentioned by the Alliance since WoW started so I don't know where you're getting this "martyr" deal from. If anything the fact he hasn't been mentioned at all indicates that the Humans want to disassociate themselves from him and to simply not remember such a bigoted man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzen View Post
    Wow look at those biased poll choices. I love Sylvanas and the lore around her. To compare her to the mindless beast Garrosh is an insult to her intellect.
    My thoughts exactly. She's one of the most interesting characters wow has, if they remove her, we'll have "honorcraft" where everyone tries to out good one another. Don't people want this game to be interesting? Or do we want yet another ancient evil to awaken that threatens all life on azeroth and must be eliminated?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't see what's wrong with claiming your land, extend it and defend it. The Forsaken can do that however they want, if it's mass genocide, whatever. If you don't want get killed by their onslaught, get away from it, or bring an army that's stronger than the Forsaken to beat them, good luck with that alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Are we talking Arthas or Garithos here?
    Nobody in the Alliance likes or revered Arthas after what he did, least of all Humans and Dwarves.
    Garithos on the other hand hasn't been mentioned by the Alliance since WoW started so I don't know where you're getting this "martyr" deal from. If anything the fact he hasn't been mentioned at all indicates that the Humans want to disassociate themselves from him and to simply not remember such a bigoted man.
    He wasn't mentioned in WoW ever. I'm talking about in War3 when he was rewarded for sending the Blood Elves to their deaths and then imprisoning them for the "traitorous actions" they performed to survive. Look, I get the whole "one man" doesn't reflect an entire faction, but isn't that what you're all doing with Sylvanas and Garrosh? Step off the pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    My thoughts exactly. She's one of the most interesting characters wow has, if they remove her, we'll have "honorcraft" where everyone tries to out good one another. Don't people want this game to be interesting? Or do we want yet another ancient evil to awaken that threatens all life on azeroth and must be eliminated?
    She is my fav character too, cannot picture the game without her. Remember, there is an "ancient evil" that still resides under Lorderon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Arthas

The Scarlet Crusade

Garithos

The nice thing about Warcraft is that it's mostly in shades of gray. Humans are hardly angels, nor is the horde all demons. Those three literally took me less than three seconds to think of and write down as examples of humans whose causes were not righteous nor peaceful and were tyrants and or murderers.

Nice to see such biased poll options. Sylvanas is fine. If she dies, the last cool character will be dead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Garrosh is going further off the deep end. Besides, Sylvannas isn't the reason the Forsaken aren't in the alliance, the alliance would NEVER welcome them. Lor'Themar said it best, the Horde only exists because of the Alliance's prejudice.
    This, this, a thousand times This.

[edit: by the way OP your poll is bunk. both choices are negative regarding a persons opinion of Sylvanas. I don't see a valid selection so I chose no to answer]
    Last edited by Scathbais; 2013-01-03 at 10:28 PM.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    We should kill them both as far as I'm concerned.

Sylvanas is completely overrated. She's died three times, had her ass handed to her an additional three times, and relies on nothing short of divine blizzard intervention to win anything. "Oh you killed the val'kyr attacking andorhol? Just kidding! I have more, and we win!" And I
    Still have no idea why the worgen had to abandon gilneas after personally kicking sylvanas around and sending her running with her tail between her legs.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While I usually hate to side with the Sylvanas fanboy group, her atrocities are little compared to what Garrosh wants to do.

Actually, In the middle of typing this I have come to think that both are committing atrocities against nature, and that both should be killed, Although while Sylvanas does this to ensure the sustainability of her people, Garrosh commits these atrocities because he wants world domination, and he has shown that he is willing to throw his allies aside to get to this. So it seems to me that the means justify the act, in the case of Sylvanas and the Forsaken.

So, perhaps they both need to be killed/stopped eventually, however Garrosh is a much bigger priority for both the Alliance and Horde, now that he has taken to imprisoning his allies, in the case of the trolls.
    "Ok - you? Out. See that ocean? I want you on the other side of that ocean. Now."

Quote Originally Posted by elofan View Post
    While I usually hate to side with the Sylvanas fanboy group, her atrocities are little compared to what Garrosh wants to do.
    Are you simple? Sylvanis wants to kill EVERYTHING ON AZEROTH.