Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The race needs to actually fit, rather than giving out ridiculous assumptions for some (like naga). What about half-orc/half orge like Rexxar? He always looked badass. Dryad? Always loved their appearance. Especially with demons coming after MoP (spoiler, maybe so). These would make sense to go with whatever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Ogres for Horde, talking rocks for the Alliance.
    I literally rofl'd when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The Orcs and Dwarves would like to have a talk with you.
    About what?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Which is why Naga would have to be a Horde race if they joined a faction. No matter how much they would disagree with Azshara or want to break away, it is still the Night Elves' fault they are Naga and the Night Elves dislike them just as much.
    First, it's not the Night Elves fault they are Naga, it's their own fault they are Naga. They brought it on themselves when they tried to destroy the world, commit genocide against their own people, and bring the Legion onto the planet and worship Sargeras as a God. Instead of the drowning death they deserved they sold what little was left of their rotten, Highborne souls to the Old Gods to continue to exist.

And no, Naga wouldn't be Horde either. you think the Trolls would sit idly by and let their hated enemy join? The Amani left the Horde because of Blood Elves. Vol'jin and the Darkspear's entire plight was caused by Naga. They'd *never* associate themselves with the likes of Naga.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-01-04 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    What about half-orc/half orge like Rexxar? He always looked badass. .
    Rexxar should be the leader that unifies all ogres under one banner and joins the Horde.

I like to player
    Naga / Harpy

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    You could take it in an interesting direction and make them naga but with a twist. Kind've like how the worgen were around for ages in Silverpine, but the playable versions got a more comprehensive backstory and setting than 'magic space disease.'

If you had a population of naga break away from the Old Gods, they might start to revert back into night elves somewhat - so you'd get bipedal fish-snake-elves that could transform into full naga while underwater. They'd be nice and monstery, but could work with either faction.
    I am thankful that the blizzard staff doesn't read these forums for ideas, and actually writes decent lore and back-stories. Only once did they force a game braking change in lore to add a race, and to this day many have not forgiven Chris Metzen for the story he came up with to justify the Draenei.

I doubt they will do something like that again.

Of the possible races the odds are they will add a race which can work with both the horde and alliance, they will be something that we are familiar with and most of the player base will enjoy. Sorry anyone who is familiar with lore would have a hard time accepting Naga. Remember the three most requested races where Goblins, Panderans, Dragonoids. Yes there has always been a small group of nagaphiles but that is not the majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for Horde and High Elves the for Alliance - wonder why the latter haven't been mentioned yet.

Ogres have been discussed through and are reasonable. They are also units in Warcraft II, which can be upgraded into Ogre Magi. Though, in there, they all have two heads. Cho'Gall is also sided with the Horde in WCII, I think.

Now the High Elves. Yes I like to think of the past games. Elven Archers in Warcraft II were not Night Elves, but High Elves. In WCIII they were replaced with the Dwarfen Rifleman. However, most High Elf NPC's ingame are friendly to alliance players only.

Remember that outpost in the Hinterlands? Those are High Elves, friendly to Alliance players while Horde needs to kill them in a quest.

And, most important: There is still an unaccessible area between the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands. This is most likely an additional part of Quel'thalas; the High Elven one, I hope
    When I leveled a Blood Elf for fun (I'm Alliance) I remember of a quest, where the Blood Elves send you to a small outpost in the Plaguelands where you have to ask the High Elves there for help in the Ghostlands. They agree to talk but tell you they feel no longer connected to their former brethren.

Blizzard already implemented two playable Elf races. They can create an unique High Elf model with no doubt.
    I grow tired of these fur-races... Worgen, Panda *sigh*
    So please Blizzard

Somehow I think the 'return' of the High Elves would be most suitable when the current status of Turalyon and Alleria (which is a High Elf ) is revealed.

- English is not my native language, so please excuse the errors you may find
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    Ogres for Horde and High Elves the for Alliance - wonder why the latter haven't been mentioned yet.

Ogres have been discussed through and are reasonable. They are also units in Warcraft II, which can be upgraded into Ogre Magi. Though, in there, they all have two heads. Cho'Gall is also sided with the Horde in WCII, I think.

Now the High Elves. Yes I like to think of the past games. Elven Archers in Warcraft II were not Night Elves, but High Elves. In WCIII they were replaced with the Dwarfen Rifleman. However, most High Elf NPC's ingame are friendly to alliance players only.

Remember that outpost in the Hinterlands? Those are High Elves, friendly to Alliance players while Horde needs to kill them in a quest.

And, most important: There is still an unaccessible area between the Ghostlands and the Plaguelands. This is most likely an additional part of Quel'thalas; the High Elven one, I hope
    When I leveled a Blood Elf for fun (I'm Alliance) I remember of a quest, where the Blood Elves send you to a small outpost in the Plaguelands where you have to ask the High Elves there for help in the Ghostlands. They agree to talk but tell you they feel no longer connected to their former brethren.

Blizzard already implemented two playable Elf races. They can create an unique High Elf model with no doubt.
    I grow tired of these fur-races... Worgen, Panda *sigh*
    So please Blizzard

Somehow I think the 'return' of the High Elves would be most suitable when the current status of Turalyon and Alleria (which is a High Elf ) is revealed.

- English is not my native language, so please excuse the errors you may find
    I should point out that many in this thread have said pretty much what you did, the only issue is the size of the ogres. But as someone else mentioned that could be fixed by using halfbreeds (1/2 ogre/orc; Rexxar, Champion of the Horde) since basic Ogres are already in the horde but they are too large to be practical. As for adding the third elf race, and fifth knife ear race, sure but horde players will complain that the alliance is getting a horde race. Even though the High Elves have always been Alliance, after all it was a treaty between Lorderan and the quel'dorei during the Troll wars that formed the first Alliance. .

Deleted
    Anyone else think we are getting too many playable races?

I know Blizzard's proven thing for each expansion is to release a new class or new race for both factions, but frankly when you have existing races left ignored I am starting to wonder what the point of adding another race would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, sorry. I have to admit I've skipped 30% of the pages, looks like exactly those pages where the High Elves were mentioned :P

I don't think Horde players will complain thinking that's a Horde race. As I mentioned, the Horde slaughtered High Elves in the Hinterlands outpost, and I'm sure they weren't the only ones. And those weren't corrupted ones or something else.
    It was a common ranger post.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Butcher View Post
    Horde / Alliance

Ogre / Furblog
    Hozen / Jinyu
    Naga / Harpy
    I'm pretty sure, as far as lore goes (from what I've read on other posts here, anyway lol) Naga would be more inclined to be Alliance than Horde, or if anything split down the middle and be neutral like Pandaren. I don't think Furbolg are...hmm, sentient/civilized enough?...to be a playable faction. They don't build towns, they make huts and tents. Mostly the same for Hozen.

Lore aside, I'd personally like them to make Naga for Alliance and Ogres for Horde...although, unless they make them pygmy ogres or something, the game is going to need a serious architecture facelift so they can fit through the doors lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Horde:

Ogres
    Hozen

Alliance:

Furbolg
    Jinyu

Neutral:

Ethereal
    Demon
    This with the exception of "demon."

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 05:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Anyone else think we are getting too many playable races?

I know Blizzard's proven thing for each expansion is to release a new class or new race for both factions, but frankly when you have existing races left ignored I am starting to wonder what the point of adding another race would be.
    More options for customization makes certain players happy. Hell I like when they add a new character slot on my realm and a new race and a new class (<3 MoP)! That way i can stay on my realm and experience both new things at once, like I did with my pandaren monk.

Furbolgs - Alliance

Ogres - Horde

Why stop with new races?

Give us a completely new facion with 5 races + panda-choice.

Besides, I think Kobolds, Gnolls, Ogers and Murlocs are too "dumb" as in "lack of intelligence" AND I see no issue with four legs, no legs, wings or stuff like that, if they can make trolls partly shoo-less then everything is possible!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    There is a difference between "it doesn't fit logically" and "I don't like it". You're thinking of the latter.

Storywise, Worgen joining the Alliance make sense. Goblins joining the Horde made sense long before that. It's Draenei and Blood Elves' reasons to join their respective factions that are rather iffy. Sure, blood elves had Sylvanas "invite" them, but then draenei joined because... they have nothing in common with the faction but similar religion shared with one of the races. It's like Morocco joining NATO because they're Muslims and the French are Christians.

Gameplay wise, in all of those expansions a new race was always a fresh addition. If that depended on me, we'd have like four new races every expansion, just to have a lot of variety.

Now, personally, I think prime candidates would be three races. Ogres for Horde and neutral Ethereals as player favourites, while Alliance would get Arakkoa as a counter-point to Ogres.
    The draenei joined the alliance because the orcs MASSACRED THEM IN OUTLAND....OMG

But yeah everyone says ogres for horde, I'd just pick ethereals for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    For the Holy Light! This topic already tires...

How many pages will have this thread this time? Whatever, the conclusions are clear:

Blizzard can do whatever they want, nothing is impossible: since Nagas riding horses, until creating a capital for the High Elves of the Alliance or even Ogres with a more restrained size, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE, so stop of making excuses and looking for drawbacks and limit yourselves to give your opinions.

The mine is:

• The last historical race of the Horde that remains being not playable: Ogres
    • The last historical race of the Alliance that remains being not playable: High Elves
    • Neutral race with its own background and until even its own architecture: Nagas (note that it is certain that when we visit in an upcoming expansion the submerged continent of The Eye, the nagas will be playable, just a matter of time)
    And the fact that one of the neutral hero from wc3 is a Naga. Pandaren was one of the playable neutral hero as well XD

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Even then though, it was the naga who killed Vol'jin's father and it was the naga that drove the Darkspear away from their home
    it was not THE naga. it was A naga witch that looked like a banshee, and lots of murlocs.

one orc tried to kill vol'jin, should the horde hate trolls?

elves killed orcs for years (see alleria), should the horde hate blood elves?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it was not THE naga. it was A naga witch that looked like a banshee, and lots of murlocs.

one orc tried to kill vol'jin, should the horde hate trolls?
    ONE human tried to kill Kael'Thas....

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    elves killed orcs for years (see alleria), should the horde hate blood elves?
    YES. Orcs also killed elves for years.. not to mention that Elves have been in a constant violent and bloody war with the trolls for centuries... but that ONE human was mean to them, that was WAY worse and obviously reason enough to team with the Orcs and Trols they've been fighting.

(just saying lore and logicical reasoning don't always go hand in hand with Bliz. If they want it to happen, it'll happen)
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    If we get a new race, my money is on another neutral race that can join either faction, in the same vein as the pandaren. Most likely choices (in my eyes) would be ethereals and/or some form of dragonkin.

Edit: Personally I'd still much prefer sub-races to a whole new playable race/races
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

We have cows(cat/bears), pandas and worgen.
    It's about time we see ponies, so we can get the serious theme going.
    Just imagine the beauty of being charged by a melee pony, and then hoofstomped to death. Preferable with some escape-mechanism of butterflies flying away with them.

On a more serious note. I actually like how the pandas turned out despite my dislike for the idea before the expansion actually hit. I like to be suprised in a good way, so i'm happy with them finding new, interesting races.
    Wouldn't complain if they updated the old ones first though. I feel as old as my undead warlock looks when i run around
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away