How to make money with these professions?

I play on Auchindoun EU and got these professions maxed

Alchemy trans master
    Tailoring
    Enchanting
    Jewelcrafting
    Engineering
    Skinning

I'm completely clueless when it comes to playing the AH in MoP. I did it a lot in wrath/cata but I want to do it again..

What sells for a lot? What should I hoard? Also I got all the wolk/cata JC and enchanting recipes and all the TBC enchants.

hrm you have alch and a scribe but no herb

herbs are always in demand because of the darkmoon cards, ghost iron ore is in demand also for gems

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    hrm you have alch and a scribe but no herb

herbs are always in demand because of the darkmoon cards, ghost iron ore is in demand also for gems
    My shaman has 328 herb something. Also got 2 more alchemists at 525 but one of them are horde.... also my horde warlock has herb maxed 600.

embersilk bags are good money makers on most server u need to check the price diff between embersilk and netherweave bags

jc/enchanting always makes money in trade chat ive found ...
    im sure shoulder enchants make some money ... but ive no incrip so i cant confirm this

i used to to alot of AH watching during wrath with auctioneer on scan for good deals or way to flip money

but it really depends on the population of your server ive found ... very high pop servers you can really gouge the price up on items but people will undercut fast

lower pop server the supply is higher then the demand so you can pick stuff up for cheap sit on it then resell for profit later

I'm interested in buying mats on AH then turning them into crafts which nets gold. I'm not interested in farming at all unless I'm really bored and drunk.

Does the ore shuffle still net good profit? If so what should I craft? My hunter in signature is JC/ench so you can see what recipes she has.

Deleted
    How much time are you willing to put in?
    How much money do you need/want/ expect to make for that effort?

Sell what people want at the cheapest price. Repeat over all professions = make money
    If you have to rely on the AH for your mats, then that will be a fixed cost. All depends on competition as to whether you cna still supply what people want and there is enough demand so your things will sell.

Have a think about what your strong / unique points are with professions or what you have that other people dont have and then consider if theres demand for it.

Read these forums about what to do with each profession as the same information is repeated time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    embersilk bags are good money makers on most server u need to check the price diff between embersilk and netherweave bags

jc/enchanting always makes money in trade chat ive found ...
    im sure shoulder enchants make some money ... but ive no incrip so i cant confirm this

i used to to alot of AH watching during wrath with auctioneer on scan for good deals or way to flip money

but it really depends on the population of your server ive found ... very high pop servers you can really gouge the price up on items but people will undercut fast

lower pop server the supply is higher then the demand so you can pick stuff up for cheap sit on it then resell for profit later

as a max level scribe they don't really make a lot of money unless there's a new raid

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    as a max level scribe they don't really make a lot of money unless there's a new raid
    that kinda makes me sad to hear i thought blizz adding shoulder enchants would assist scribes in making some cash back after glyphs being 1 time learn
    Last edited by Divineknight13; 2013-01-03 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    For engineering a good money maker is selling the Ghost iron dragonling and cogwheels. I sell cogs for 100-250g which is major profit. It has died down in recent times but is still some easy gold

10+ Year Old Account
    The cog economy on my server has tanked. If the can find the type you are looking for that is.

Use your tailor to do an imperial cloth creation once per day. Turn it into a Greater Cerulian/Pearlescent Spellthread. On my server the mats cost 40g or less, and the spellthread sells every day for 475 to 525 gold.

It's only 450g per day, but for literally 2 min work including logging in and flying between silk farms and halfhill to mail it to the bank alt, it's super quick/easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by discoepfeand View Post
    Use your tailor to do an imperial cloth creation once per day. Turn it into a Greater Cerulian/Pearlescent Spellthread. On my server the mats cost 40g or less, and the spellthread sells every day for 475 to 525 gold.

It's only 450g per day, but for literally 2 min work including logging in and flying between silk farms and halfhill to mail it to the bank alt, it's super quick/easy money.
    Im doing this with royal satchels but I cant seem to sell them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I'm interested in buying mats on AH then turning them into crafts which nets gold.
    Embersilk bags can be good for that, str/agi/int potions as well as flasks are worth checking too
    We really cant help you more than telling you which items to check prices for
    There may also be some tailoring gear worth crafting for disenchant, i would check wotlk and mop first(and maybe runecloth)

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:01 AM ----------

Same here, made 4 royal satchel when i got the recipe, i ended up using them myself replacing my 26/26/26/24 bags-.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    You eill find when you ask questions you get better answers when you supply the relevant information. A lot of making money on the ah is putting in some effort and having an eye for what sells and whats good on your server. If you just wnat some magic beans then you aint gonna make much money no matter how mych advice people provide becayse you have to put it into action. Steady and consistent effort nets the most money over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    that kinda makes me sad to hear i thought blizz adding shoulder enchants would assist scribes in making some cash back after glyphs being 1 time learn
    Due to scribes only having that sell(in a reliable sales sense), many dumb people have been posting the enchants for less than the sum of the mats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Due to scribes only having that sell(in a reliable sales sense), many dumb people have been posting the enchants for less than the sum of the mats.
    How is that dumb for scribes who just wnat a bit of gold and farm their own mats?

Yeah, that's exactly why I switched to the spellthreads - satchels were way too risky. I don't get the big scores with spellthreads, but I KNOW I'm going to make 400 - 450g every day just for logging in pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    How is that dumb for scribes who just wnat a bit of gold and farm their own mats?
    Then why bother making it if after you've made it it's worth less gold :P

Deleted
    The biggest key to making gold on the AH is timing.

If I post crafts randomly for one week I guess I'll land 30-50k in a week.
    If I post at the right time I'll make 100k+ in a week.

- this info is just for my scribe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    Then why bother making it if after you've made it it's worth less gold :P
    Because they are 2 separate markets. You are working on the presumption that you cna achieve sales in both of them and that items have a god given value. Items are worth what people are willing to pay at the time. If he has farmed his own mats then its up to him at what price he sells. Normally I wouldmt make things where I couldnt have added value over and above what the raw mats sell for on the AH, but people have different priorities. Making the sale and getting some gold may be more important than how much profit he makes.