Thread: Need Mage PvP

Need Mage PvP

My mage is my raiding main and recently i became interested in pvp, but i completely suck.

whats the best way i can be better on my mage :/

Deleted
    lol, try to give more information, starting with an armory link, problems you have, arena or BG, Spec?

15+ Year Old Account
    A good START I found easy is to search something like mage pvp tutorial 5.1 on youtube. try changing words a little if you get no hits. mayby add like fire or frost if you are interested in a certain spec.

Quote Originally Posted by syntactic View Post
    lol, try to give more information, starting with an armory link, problems you have, arena or BG, Spec?
    the problem is not with gear, spec or gems. I do all of them perfectly fine and i did all my research (alot of it )

Yesterday i was doing some war games with a few friends of mine and we all have t1 2/2 and my opponents (ww monk and warr) just one shot me most of the fight.

they just pop all cds on me and do really good shatters on my ice blocks. Even if we change tactics against them they play defensive until i show up and charge me and kill me.

Hey, just because all ppl always qq that mage its OP and faceroll its not that you can expect its true

I play a lot of 2s and and somtimes 3s, and it seems that be good means to have a good setup and to coordinate good ccs, burst and so on.
    I play 2s with a hpala (my bro) and we also struggle often. Warrior/healer teams are the shit. Insane dmg with insane survivability, often i wonder if it even worth to try when we face every 4th team the same setup. Our burst and cc got nerfed lately a lot, but we still put out good dmg. The main problem i see atm against many other classes that they have way more survivability skillz and sick selfheal abilities (like hunter, seriously wtf...).

But then again i see hpala/mages teams kick ass against team we find its unpossible to win. Its also a question about how much time you wanna invest in getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Hey, just because all ppl always qq that mage its OP and faceroll its not that you can expect its true

I play a lot of 2s and and sometimes 3s, and it seems that be good means to have a good setup and to coordinate good ccs, burst and so on.
    I play 2s with a hpala (my bro) and we also struggle often. Warrior/healer teams are the shit. Insane dmg with insane survivability, often i wonder if it even worth to try when we face every 4th team the same setup. Our burst and cc got nerfed lately a lot, but we still put out good dmg. The main problem i see atm against many other classes that they have way more survivability skillz and sick selfheal abilities (like hunter, seriously wtf...).

But then again i see hpala/mages teams kick ass against team we find its unpossible to win. Its also a question about how much time you wanna invest in getting better.
    Mage is my favorite class and even if they are nerfed to the ground they will still be, the problem is that i am not improving much and i have a feeling that i should give up.

Look to CC people before picking a moment to burst them down. Mages have good CC skills.

All else I can say is practice, learn from your mistakes. Play 2s Arena to begin with (with a dps partner) to learn how to CC someone while bursting someone else, then ramp it from there.

Lots u can do to get better, but to be honest its gonna come down to gaming skill, some people are just born to play pvp games well. You can watch youtube vids, hang out in Durotar with more skilled players asking advice, duelling etc. Learning other classes abilities and buffs with some key addons will also make a big difference. Just stick with it, pvp can be frustrating when ur always getting ur ass kicked, just think of it as a learning curve. Also mage has been nerfed a bit and a lot of other classes are very strong, 2v2 is the worst bracket to do do well in arena. 3's is way more fun and 'easier'