Poll: What would you do?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

What would you do if High Elf is a playable alliance race in the next xpac

Let's say that the next expansion would High Elf as a playable Alliance race, which one of these two options the likeliest you would do?

a) Roll as a High Elf. You might be a Horde before this, or you just prefer their lore. What ever the reason it is likelier for you to roll as one.

b)Stay as Horde. You don't care much about High Elf. You might even enjoy slaying one in PvP

I'd pick A as I've always wished my main could be Alliance. But I really like him as a belf so I have to remain as horde. If there was the option of Helf I'd faction change in a heartbeat

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

It would really depend a great deal on the lore and game-mechanical approach they took to it. If you had the Sin'dorei themselves, the actual vast bulk of the Thalassian race, become neutral (or even go Alliance) and gave players a faction choice, I might make one, or even consider faction changing one of my existing Blood Elves.

If it's some crap about taking the paltry number of expatriates into a separate race and give them a standalone starting experience, etc, I'd probably ignore them in protest at the cheese factor.

Deleted
    I'd pick both whether that's an option or not.

I love Elven lore, Elven Models, Elven everything pretty much, I could probably even RP (I don't, I PVE) a little bit.

I wouldn't make it my main though, my legion of Blood Elves would be the mains and Saeranas / Thunder would be at the top of my list. (Note i'm on a break from wow until summer due to college)

I would make an alt to see their starting area and then I would delete the char.

I'd stay as Horde. At the moment High Elves are simply a more pale looking Blood Elf model so I doubt that it will ever become a playable race.

However I could see it happen some time in the future that they add more features on races so that we can be other races related to our playable races. Let me explain.

If you were to create a Tauren, one of the the customizable features would be making it look like a Taunka, or even a Yaungol. With Dwarves you could make them look like Earthern, iron Dwarves or black Dwarves (the Thassarian race thingy). When you create an Orc, you could make it look like a brown Orc from Nagrand or a black Orc from Twilight Highlands.

So what I'm going at here is because of the Highborne apparently being a part of the Night Elves now (you can create Night Elf Mages), maybe you could make your Night Elf look like a Highborne.

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

Deleted
    Hmmm... I'm not sure. Blood Elves are my favourite race, I love their lore and pretty much everything about them. High Elves are exactly the same, they experienced the same stuff, except they DIDN'T choose to use fel-magic. I prefer to play a heroic, kind character, and tbh High Elves ARE more noble than Blood Elves. So in theory I would/should be a High Elf. However, all of my characters are Horde, so I wouldn't have my guild and friends and stuff. And I enjoy playing my Blood Elf Holy Priest, as I like to think that he kept faith in the Light and isn't as haughty or bitter as other Sin'dorei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    It wont happen, but my Night elf was intended to be a highelf, and for the last 8 years she has been Roleplayed as highborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Let's say that the next expansion would High Elf as a playable Alliance race, which one of these two options the likeliest you would do?

a) Roll as a High Elf. You might be a Horde before this, or you just prefer their lore. What ever the reason it is likelier for you to roll as one.

b)Stay as Horde. You don't care much about High Elf. You might even enjoy slaying one in PvP
    I choose option C) KILL AS MANY OF THOSE FUCKERS AS I CAN!!!!!!!! >=(

High Elves have got to be the most arrogant, hypocrite, ungrateful, backstabbing, bootlicking sons of bitches in the entire warcraft universe.

After decades of enmity with the Blood Elves, what-do-you know, the Sunwell is reclaimed, and its under the authority of Silvermoon (as shown in the Quel'delar quest). The Blood Elves, then allow the high elves to enter the sunwell to sate their addiction, as both types of elves share the same addiction to magic. This, despite the fact that the high elves keep licking the boots of the alliance, who nearly executed the entire race.

What do these bitches do to repay this incredibly selfless act? (For which the blood elves didn't charged a penny) why lets butcher every single blood elf in dalaran, and laugh while we're at it. Those poor wretches who somehow live, lets put them in jail FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Yeah, if high elves ever become playable, I'm gonna make it my priority on EVERY BG to kill every single one of them, to the point of ignoring any sort of objective.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was alliance for six years, I've been horde for one year. I prefer the horde, but I could be persuaded to faction change to a high elf for the simple reasons that I like elves, blue eyes, and that if the pandaren models are any indication, the high elf models would be upgraded versions from what the ones that are still left in game are now. I like upgraded models.

Option C: Continue to play Alliance but not as a high elf.

Deleted
    I would definitely role a High Elf. I love Nelfs and Blood Elfs, so it's only normal to love the next elf that appears.

If someday I play as Alliance It would be my choice for a race, no doubt, but it never gonna happen, based on the lore there are too few High Elves and the actual Blood Elves won't join the Alliance, in the third war they was betrayed by the lider of the Alliance in Lordaeron, Garitos and left behind to die, in an attempt to escape they was accused of treason and imprisoned in the Violet Hold, and now they was banished from Dalaran by Jaina Proudmoore...I believe the Alliance is no longer on the list of allies of the Blood Elfs.

I would make a high elf alliance alt, it's kind of a dream come true I'd never had thought realistic to hope for. Mostly I just like how high elves look with the rest of us while raiding, it just feels right, feels like Warcraft to me. We had a raid member in blood elf disguise in last week's Mogu'shan Vault run and it made me wish this was possible again.

But I like how the story twisted to have them join the Horde, it was an interesting twist. I still wish there were some way to have them on Alliance. Also I wish they did'nt tilt their hips and looked more like the Silvermoon City guards who stand tall and regal.

I hope they get updated models when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-01-04 at 03:39 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenaris View Post
    So what I'm going at here is because of the Highborne apparently being a part of the Night Elves now (you can create Night Elf Mages), maybe you could make your Night Elf look like a Highborne.
    if i remember highborne dont look any different from non-highborne night elves, other than perhaps looking older (10 thousand years older if memory serves correctly)

if you wanted to RP a highborne night elf, you could do it now and RP that you've been in hiding since cataclysm, in which you rejoined Night elf society

in response to the question

Option C: Continue to play Alliance but not as a high elf.
    i dont like to play "high and mighty" races with superiority complexes, which is exactly how high elves feel when compared to their blood elven bretheren

which is why i happily play humans, dwarves and draenei, since they have been through hell and dont hold themselves aloof from their fellows =)
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-01-04 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Although i play as both sides i can't wait to slaughter 1 as a horde i got the same with Blood Elves on my alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to read up on the lore etc, also since we are getting new character models it would have to be something I like, currently they use the blood elf model I think. If I really liked them I would race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    If someday I play as Alliance It would be my choice for a race, no doubt, but it never gonna happen, based on the lore there are too few High Elves and the actual Blood Elves won't join the Alliance, in the third war they was betrayed by the lider of the Alliance in Lordaeron, Garitos and left behind to die, in an attempt to escape they was accused of treason and imprisoned in the Violet Hold, and now they was banished from Dalaran by Jaina Proudmoore...I believe the Alliance is no longer on the list of allies of the Blood Elfs.
    Things change easily in the lore. High Elves had a lot more issues with trolls and orcs and undead than they ever had with humans.
    And there are enough High Elves to warrant a playable faction. It only takes a small band, we play as heroes, not statistical norms.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I would have to read up on the lore etc, also since we are getting new character models it would have to be something I like, currently they use the blood elf model I think. If I really liked them I would race change.
    They should look like blood elves though, they are the same people after all, only with a different name and eye colour.

Ehh, they're too similar to Blood Elves, which I in turn don't like. And yes, I know about the different lore and blue eyes, I still don't care, makes me like them less if anything, so I wouldn't think twice before releasing a High Elf's head from his/her shoulders.