Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    You're kidding right? He is a freaking T-rex with freaking lasers,how is that not awesome
    He needs to QQ. If he don't QQ at least one time per day, he'll die from QQ disease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't blizz make new models. They have already done that model nalak has to death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Why can't blizz make new models. They have already done that model nalak has to death.
    Remember Marrowgar? Maybe a new model still comes.

I'll be taking that 2nd cinder kitten of your hands ;-)

Deleted
    From PTR notes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week, but bonus rolls apply. Bosses will now respawn more frequently as well.
    You can now have god knows how many players at the boss at the same time... It will be a mess on highly populated servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Spiritfire Beam - Oondasta fires a beam of spiritfire energy at a player, inflicting 150,000 Fire damage and jumping to a nearby ally. Up to 20 players can be affected, with damage increasing by 50% with each jump.

It's been far too long since we last had a raid-wiping chain lightning mechanic on a boss. And on a 40+ man world boss too? Hoo hoo, boy.

Devilsaur! Metal Digivolve into Oondastamon! Cyber Digivolve into Metalgreymon!

Quote Originally Posted by Yezebel View Post
    You can now have god knows how many players at the boss at the same time... It will be a mess on highly populated servers.

Great, especially given that the spriritfire beam kills from the 4th jump on. 36 dead players per spiritfire beams sounds like a lot of fun on populated servers...;-)the question is only how often he uses it, would be sad to see him dead before the first cast. ;-)

15+ Year Old Account
    i play about 3-4 hrs per day almost everyday and I've only seen/killed Galleon once since launch...Is oondasta really gonna be more rare than galleon?

I think even if Oondasta is more rare, There will be time for the realm to communicate that he is up. With the shared tag, there won't be the race to get 40 people and burn down a boss that isn't going to kill you. Yes, I know about dropping raid after the tag and joining another 39 man to share the tag that is currently in place, so people don't bring that up.

With Oondasta, he will have traditional raid wipe mechanics. If someone screws up, it can all go down hill very, very fast. This is not present with Galleon. People will need to be deliberate, and take their time on him.

While rarer, I believe we'll see him more often due to him not being instantly killed in 8 minutes.

How is logging into alts to do the Blingtron daily a chore? It's less than 5 clicks basically.
    How many alts do you have? What if they aren't all in the same place? Why is that a better design than just upping the first gift? (Source)
    What a compelling argument, too bad he won't extend it to thinks that matter, like VP and Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    What a compelling argument, too bad he won't extend it to thinks that matter, like VP and Rep.
    What? Blingtron is only up for 5 minutes.

He's saying what if you find a Blingtron in the Shrine, but you have an alt in Stormwind, and alt in Krasarang, and an alt in Shattrath. By the time you get your characters to the shrine, Bling has already despawned. Why not just increase the drop chances from Blingtron to match the odds from an average of X amount of alts? Because that's exactly what they did.

Cmon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

He's saying what if you find a Blingtron in the Shrine, but you have an alt in Stormwind, and alt in Krasarang, and an alt in Shattrath. By the time you get your characters to the shrine, Bling has already despawned. Why not just increase the drop chances from Blingtron to match the odds from an average of X amount of alts? Because that's exactly what they did.

Cmon man.
    bling is up for 10mins actually

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    bling is up for 10mins actually
    Bleh. Same principles apply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

Cmon man.

bc theres only ever 1 blingatron dropped in the entire world of warcraft all day long...

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    i play about 3-4 hrs per day almost everyday and I've only seen/killed Galleon once since launch...Is oondasta really gonna be more rare than galleon?
    it said in the notes that all world bosses will spawn alot more often so i dont think he will be rarer than galleon.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Oondasta...any other old fogies think of Dino Riders? It even has a brain box!

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    bc theres only ever 1 blingatron dropped in the entire world of warcraft all day long...

Again, this is isn't the point.

Not everyone plays all 11 alts every single day. But before, when Blingtron popped, you'd stop what you were doing and waste 10 minutes logging on and off, flying/hearthing to the location of the blingtron you found.

If you happened to find another one on your main on the same day, you'd have to hurry up, log off again, and repeat the process. Now, no matter what character you see it on, you just do it once and you're done for the day. The drop rates have been adjusted to compensate for this, what more do you want?

Did you WANT to do Blingtron on 11 characters a day? Surely not. Mounts are account wide now (which is the only reason to use Blingtron), so if you're the lucky .01% that gets the mount, it doesn't matter if you're on an alt or main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Oondasta...any other old fogies think of Dino Riders? It even has a brain box!
    HAhahaha!!! Absolutely, my friend! Major blast from the past.

Deleted
    Oondasta looks like a freaking digimon... why blizzard whyyyyyyyyy!