Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Grand Empress shek'zeer too strong lfr

This is embarrassing but in lfr the grand empress boss is just flat out way too strong for me. I didnt log the fight but I was main tank went in got hit for 233k , 200k, 130k then death. I had no idea what happen I faced the boss away from the group like the guides said too, I was main tank in lfr which means my ilevel was higher and so was my buffed health(560k, to hit 499k) He was a druid taking the hits like a man while I got 3 shotted. Is it my gear or a misread of oss tactics?
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Swiifty/advanced

Deleted
    Your gear is pretty low, not many items are enchanted, double stamina trinket (get the ghost iron dragonling with hit,exp,mastery/haste cogwheel in it, instead of your 450 i lvl stam trinket), yes the damage from boss sounds about right
    Now, I dont play pally, but try popping your divine protection right before taking the first couple of hits, in order to let the healers get a chance of seeing your health dropping

Well, assuming that is what you went in with, you are undergeared for that instance in the first place (465 iLvl equipped). Possible you missed hitting a cooldown? Or your healers were not prepared for how squishy you would be? Without a log it is hard to say. But I've been running that LFR since it came out as a healer and that fight is almost laughably easy. The only time I have ever had a tank drop was when he was undergeared and tried to take all the adds during the retreat phase by himself. So if you are going squish right after the pull, then something is going horribly wrong.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

This is a long shot but you weren't standing on the raised platform behind the boss by chance were you? You said you had to turn the boss so I fear this may have happened, in which case death is imminent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    This is a long shot but you weren't standing on the raised platform behind the boss by chance were you? You said you had to turn the boss so I fear this may have happened, in which case death is imminent.
    This kills far more people than you would think.

Why are you reforging out of Mastery when some pieces have Haste (which is slightly lower than Mastery for tanks)? Your trinkets are laughable. Why is your helmet unreforged? Why is your cloak unreforged?

As a Paladin tank you want the following stats:

12.5% Expertise = 7.5% Hit > Mastery > Haste

Dodge and Parry are near useless to you. All you want are the above 4 stats.

Also your trinkets are crap.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Empress hitting for 233k on LFR? That sounds like her enrage. Or all your gear broke in the middle of the fight and you were naked.

Yeah 233k on LFR something is clearly wrong. I cheesed my bear tank into the HoF LFR with a combined ilevel of 460 equipped. I never got hit for that much.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Clever and original name

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why are you reforging out of Mastery when some pieces have Haste (which is slightly lower than Mastery for tanks)? Your trinkets are laughable. Why is your helmet unreforged? Why is your cloak unreforged?

Hell yeah, because LFR is all about min/maxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically you don't even need to live through the fight as a tank to beat her =P Last LFR the two tanks got into a name calling match and one of them pulled after the pull leaving what was a very terrible DK left to finish out the entire rest of the fight.

In case no one has experienced this in LFR is the tank is converted through 5 stacks he eventually turns back to normal without killing them. So basically you had these periods of everyone scattering to kite the boss until the tank was un-converted and me laughing my big panda butt off.

Sure most of the raid was dead at the end but we still killed her. If she can be "one tanked" I would doubt she is too hard and it's just something that needs to be fixed on your part through either positioning or class play or something.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiifty View Post
    This is embarrassing but in lfr the grand empress boss is just flat out way too strong for me. I didnt log the fight but I was main tank went in got hit for 233k , 200k, 130k then death. I had no idea what happen I faced the boss away from the group like the guides said too, I was main tank in lfr which means my ilevel was higher and so was my buffed health(560k, to hit 499k) He was a druid taking the hits like a man while I got 3 shotted. Is it my gear or a misread of oss tactics?
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/Swiifty/advanced
    Is that the gear you were wearing? That's pretty low for LFR HoF. You should try to legitimately raise your ilvl instead of padding it. I have never taken a hit that hard on my DK that only does LFR. Are you sure you had SotR up as much as possible and any other useful abilities? Did you use any CDs? Was your gear broken? Was she enraged?

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    In case no one has experienced this in LFR is the tank is converted through 5 stacks he eventually turns back to normal without killing them. So basically you had these periods of everyone scattering to kite the boss until the tank was un-converted and me laughing my big panda butt off.
    Actually makes it sound like an interesting fight for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's usually a case of players not using cd's to mitigate the incoming damage, or healers not doing their part (essentially either party expecting the other to "carry" them, or completely wrong itimization / reforging meaning you take excessive damage / do pathetic output as healer)

No boss in LFR is strong in any way, sorry to say, but that's just how it is.., they are mere phantoms of the normal / heroic versions.
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-01-04 at 11:51 PM.

Actually, there are two builds. One is Haste > Mastery. The other is Mastery > Haste. Secondly, you're exp is wrong. Prot paladins want to get to 15% exp, not just 12.5%.

To the op, you got to much stam oriented stuff. Get rid of it. As others have said, you are below the gear level needed to be tanking that boss to begin with. Third, she shouldn't hit for nearly as hard as you say she did. She hits somewhat hard, but that seems like something was just flat up missing on your end for her to truck you like that. Over all, that boss is a joke. Easiest one in there honestly. Try to up your gear, lose the stam stuff, and figure out how which build you are going to go with (IE haste heavy, or mastery heavy) and gear / gem around that.

As a paladin tank, I've noticed she hits really hard too, but I was also undergeared when I did it. Don't be afraid to use your cooldowns and you should be okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Actually, there are two builds. One is Haste > Mastery. The other is Mastery > Haste. Secondly, you're exp is wrong. Prot paladins want to get to 15% exp, not just 12.5%.

To the op, you got to much stam oriented stuff. Get rid of it. As others have said, you are below the gear level needed to be tanking that boss to begin with. Third, she shouldn't hit for nearly as hard as you say she did. She hits somewhat hard, but that seems like something was just flat up missing on your end for her to truck you like that. Over all, that boss is a joke. Easiest one in there honestly. Try to up your gear, lose the stam stuff, and figure out how which build you are going to go with (IE haste heavy, or mastery heavy) and gear / gem around that.
    For clarification, Haste > Mastery means more work, it's a very 'Active' style that focuses on generating and spending a lot of Holy Power on mitigation, where Mastery > Haste is a more classic prot paladin, working more damage reduction passively from block, while putting a secondary emphasis on generating and spending HP.

tl:dr; Haste > Mastery = You press more buttons, have more control over how hard you're getting hit. Mastery > Haste = You don't press buttons quite as often, letting how hard you're being hit be governed more by shield block/RNG.

Anything that doesn't lay down and give loot is too strong for LFR.

I find it amusing that a person who barely has entry level normal gear is confused as to why he's dying on the final boss of a 1.5 tier raid. LFR raises hopes I guess.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I find it amusing that a person who barely has entry level normal gear is confused as to why he's dying on the final boss of a 1.5 tier raid. LFR raises hopes I guess.
    Well, she's like the only LFR boss that actually hurts the main tank - other than those "tanks" that always get hit by full combo on Will. About the only other place that's dangerous for tanks is Vizjer trash.

Haste aint lower then mastery, its above for protpala, also 12.5% expertise, wut?

Its also the best trinket that heroic can offer him, nice one.
    Its, Hit cap > expertise hard cap > haste > mastery > dodge&parry, haste pulls slightly ahead, its almost = EHP, but better dps ontop of that.

Anywho now for the help part, fully enchanting your gear, sorting professions, and reforging like i just stated (or just use mrrobot to do it for you, dont get me wrong its generaly not the best reforge but its good enough for the content you do, google it), gem for max stamina in the gear you are in right now.

Red: expertise stamina
    Blue: stamina
    Yellow: Haste stamina/hit stamina.

Should get you on the right track.