Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

PvPers, look here to learn how to detect the next FotM!

So, if this thread interests you, chances are you like playing IMBA classes (imbalanced) that happen to appear after a new patch or expansion. After doing a little bit of thinking, its quite easy to figure out which classes you can play to give you the unfair advantage you need to win.

Any class that have these traits in a patch or expansion will be that much closer to imbalanced or overpowered.

-Reduction in cool-downs
    -New/More CC spells (these usually only happen in new expansions)
    -More mobility
    -"Reworked" Abilities, usually when an ability is reworked often times what was lost from reworking it is added in as a passive of some sort.
    -Healing increase (whether it be a formula change or straight number tweaking)

Traits that really don't imply a class becoming FotM or becoming nerfed or buffed

-Anything that deals with damage of something really doesn't imply something become buffed or nerfed (I can already sense this one becoming arguable, Warriors Tfb was a mechanic, not a straight damage increase, examples would be like Paladin: Hammer of Wrath damage increased by 5%, it really doesn't make any difference in the end because of the sheer amount of self healing and how resilience works)

So in TLDR, if your class is getting more mobility/cc/healing, or getting less downtime, chances are its getting buffed. And keep an eye out on these classes because they'll become the next over represented class in which you can abuse to get the unfair advantage. Warrior representation from end of Cata to beginning of Mists? Sky rocketed. Cause they got reduced cooldowns, more mobility, more CC, and an increase in their self healing that requires no upkeep. Which class do you think will be next? Who will flock to the next entity of the game to have an easier time getting to the top?
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by this, then im guessing Monks will be the next FotM. New CC-removing cooldowns, more powerful self-healing available, change to various mechanics, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure mages have been and will not stop being the fotm(foty?) class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Shadowpriests will likely take over the spot of top caster in 5.2 tho.

rogues, just look at the notes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Shadowpriests will likely take over the spot of top caster in 5.2 tho.

Don't think so, no.....

I think the community actually has a large impact on what is the most OP. Everyone is saying Spriests / Monks / Rogues are going to be OP so no doubt everyone will be levelling their Monk/Rogue/Spriest alts.

If the Monk changes got reverted the day before 5.2, I gaurantee the Monk representation would still go up because of everyone who has levelled. The reason monk representation is so low is because literally nobody who PvPs above 2.2k can be arsed to level an alt 1-90 which will be 'as good' or slightly worse than other healers. You'd only level a new character if you knew you were going to gain something out of doing it.

Heck, that might even be what Blizzard wants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    rogues, just look at the notes
    rogues never been popular class even in the end of cata when they melted ppl the total population was low, you wont see rogue pop skyrocket at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    rogues never been popular class even in the end of cata when they melted ppl the total population was low, you wont see rogue pop skyrocket at all.
    they were in classic&bc
    then every class got rogue skills and people swapped or left the game

10+ Year Old Account
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAH are you serious? what do you play on a server with 5 other people??!!? there were sooooooo many rogues at the end of cata, like a ridiculous amount there was always 4+ rogues in every bg and i saw one in most 3s i joined

90% sure they were the most played class in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Flavour of the decade tbh.

Hate to sound all negative, but people have been calling this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by wiep View Post
    Don't think so, no.....
    What are you talking about shadow priest are already the best caster right now, And their isn't a single nerf directed towards them in the 5.2 patch notes. I love when people who don't pvp post unknowingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAH are you serious? what do you play on a server with 5 other people??!!? there were sooooooo many rogues at the end of cata, like a ridiculous amount there was always 4+ rogues in every bg and i saw one in most 3s i joined
    this quote makes me laugh, at the end of cata rogues jumped up yes, but the only class represented LESS than rogues was locks...ever...

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/11/ar...a-dying-class/

OT: Looks like Monks easily gonna be the FOTM next patch, and as usual mages, rogues get a decent buff too, so we'll see till they change it all again

Quote Originally Posted by Pertha View Post
    OT: Looks like Monks easily gonna be the FOTM next patch, and as usual mages, rogues get a decent buff too, so we'll see till they change it all again
    Where have you seen mage buffs in patch notes? They are getting nerfed into the ground of unviable if changes go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Mages, Rogues, and Locks have been R1 every season since the beginning of Arena, Dramatically higher than any other R1 classes in the world. People complain because people who STUCK with Warrior's and COMPLAINED because we had to try EPICALLY hard to kill ANYTHING in Cata - complain now because we are MILDLY OP right now (yes I agree before the HUGE nerfs that we needed a change, and even agree now the second wind is a little much, and DOES need the 1% nerf...) - But after 5.2, people who any at all SUCK at Warriors will be joining RECKFUL back in the FOTM going back to MA' filthy ROAG stage, and going back to whatever is OP.. It's the way the game has ALWAYS been.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    It was great; Legendary daggers + Heroic vial 1 cheapshot and your dead literally in every BG you aren't going to live through me. It was a wonderful time haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Where have you seen mage buffs in patch notes? They are getting nerfed into the ground of unviable if changes go live.
    o.O
    There is nothing in the actual notes or on PTR that suggests nerfs of that level. In fact, my Mage feels literally the same in terms of power on PTR, it's just that certain other classes got their fair share of buffs.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Have you PvPed at all in Mist? Mages are strong, but get shit on now by Warriors/BM Hunters.
    the entirety of wow is an arms race between warriors and mages and good hunters always ate mages for breakfast.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Im cool with and hopeing so bad that monks will be fotm next patch. I rarely see any monks in pvp, so any new ones will have a shit load to catch up gear wise and how to play. Ive mained one since release stuck with it, so the gear I got will pay off.