LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    Im sure he meant pvp balance, since this is what this topic is about
    And he is right
    no, i actually ment when Tyrven said

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Pvp was there from the start battle grounds were added after the fact though.
    yeah, my bad, ment Battlegrounds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Ghostcrawler and his B-team are busy balancing pet battles.
    BINGO!wow devs team is the B-team.blizzes A-team is now working on titan.

They do, they just don´t go allin superberserk mode to fit the needs of an whining minority. I mean theres a srsly bias in DK forums to make bloodstrike work pre MoP or even pre Cata just for one example (this would be plain stupid). They do listen but they dont trust blindly and so fart WoW is the only game in this genre with and acceptable balance so they gotta kinda know what they are doing (sure frostmage, armswarry blabla but they always sad they would oberpower speccs to make them get used so they could balance them accordingly afterwards so iam not to worried).

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Because they're game developers and they know game design (As evidenced by World of Warcraft having a cult following that would make Scientology blush).

The community are not game developers, and generally speaking, don't know shit.
    By the same line of reasoning Justin Bieber knows how to make good music because he also has a huge cult following comprised of stupid people.

IDK but whoever they are listening to doesn't know wtf they are talking about obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiziana View Post
    no, i actually ment when Tyrven said

yeah, my bad, ment Battlegrounds
    I wasn't trying to call you out or jump on the mistake, only correct it. Ppl see that then like the OP in his reply to me on that make some crazy ass assumptions to support their nonsense no proof filled with maybes ideas as fact.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    They do listen to proper advice, just not to random QQ.
    No they really don't.

Proof: warriors op going from cata beta to 4.0.6. Warriors going from mop beta to 5.0.4. Rets and dks going into Wrath etc. etc.

Blizzard flat out FAILS at class balance in the face of exceptional feedback from the players. Which is why I never understood how anyone can keep playing this game for the PvP.

Feedback players give isn't responded to until 4-6 months later by the time gearing shows different issues altogether that don't get addressed until the next expansion and then the cycle starts again. Notice how Blizzard is finally getting a modicum of balance into mop nearly 5 months after it's release despite hundreds if not thousands of pages/threads of CONSTRUCTIVE player feedback.

If I, AS A SINGLE PLAYER, can find said hundreds of pages of constructive feedback Blizzard as a company has no fucking excuse for the shit they feed us.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

It's never a good idea to listen to the players. They are extremely biased and doesn't have a slightest clue whats good for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?
    Can you give me those 9 out of 10 times that we were right and Blizzard was wrong?

When it comes to pvp it's the player who thinks their class should be OP and everyone else already is OP (to them), and they demand ridiculous changes instead of learning how to properly counter each class.

Deleted
    Whenever there is X problem in PvP or a potential to be Y problem in PvP, the playerbase(Often times very High rated) lets blizzard know. However, blizzard almost ALWAYS ignores us and 9 out of 10 times, we end up being right and Blizzard being wrong. Why is this?

Because whenever Blizzard DO listen, they listen to the "wrong" people.

Low rated players are a majority, and therefor they think it's the class that's OP and not them being unskilled. Sure, only certain comps will get rank 1 but you can get your 2.2k achievement or title with any comp (except completely dumb ones that's being meant to lose).

Blizzard is touching the wrong things because unskilled players don't know what to do against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find the actual quote at the moment but one of the blues answered this by saying something along the lines of "the feedback is not constructive etc." Instead of saying e.g. "ROUGES ARE OP OMG BLIZZ Y U NO NERF THEM" you should address by pointing which skills or how exactly the mechanics of the class are OP. You should also provide an intelligent fix not just NERF DAMAGE LO"L" but what part of which ability should be altered and how should it work differently. Then and only then can they provide proper feedback to the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    It's never a good idea to listen to the players. They are extremely biased and doesn't have a slightest clue whats good for the game.
    Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. You just hang around too many preteens that wouldn't know shit from clay. Anyone with half a brain knows u dont listen to a word from them. They do however NEED to listen to player feedback...the right type of feedback though. Not the bullshit that u hear on a daily basis but the contructive stuff of which there is a hell of alot. Not listening to enough feedback is partially what has caused wow to slip so much. I hate to break it to you BOI but that is how business works. If you don't sift through and listen to customer feedback u just aren't doing it right. The problem is when they do listen they implement stupiddddd suggestions that get put to them by fat pony nerds at blizzcon about changing colours of models and new druid forms and crap just so they can say "seeeeee we do listen". Truthfully the development team they have now is so substandard its not funny. They are in love with their own bad work and it shows.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I wasn't trying to call you out or jump on the mistake, only correct it. Ppl see that then like the OP in his reply to me on that make some crazy ass assumptions to support their nonsense no proof filled with maybes ideas as fact.
    nono, i didnt realise what i had wrote untill you corrected me, so no problems for me

Quote Originally Posted by orgamason View Post
    Because whenever Blizzard DO listen, they listen to the "wrong" people.

Low rated players are a majority, and therefor they think it's the class that's OP and not them being unskilled. Sure, only certain comps will get rank 1 but you can get your 2.2k achievement or title with any comp (except completely dumb ones that's being meant to lose).

Blizzard is touching the wrong things because unskilled players don't know what to do against it.

Do you have any proof backing this up....?

Blizzard balances around all aspects of the game and not just the very best.

If Blizzard made sure only the 1% could achieve (semi) high ranking with their class then it would ruin the game for the 99% (you included)
    If Blizzard made sure only the 1% could achieve high dps (by having some messed up rotation and gear choices) the game again would be ruined for the 99.

Blizzard has always aimed to make the game playable for everybody, starting from the computer specs and ending with the class balance.

During WOTLK Warriors bladestorm could kill most people during the duration unless that person used a defensive cooldown (which usually had a longer cooldown then the warrior's bladestorm). Oh sure if you had the best gear you could probably survive the attack without blowing a cooldown of 3 mins (bladestorm was 1.5) but only the very best have access to the gear, so somebody starting mid season would always be at a disadvantage during a person where counter classes should have been removed.

Blizzard knows WoW the best and they know what the majority of the players want. MoP may be a huge grind but it has brought back the biggest addicts and made some new ones as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    5.2 is a perfect example, people already know that rogues will be overpowered in pvp again just like they were through all of cata. blizzard can talk about statistics all they want, common sense tells everyone who play pvp at a high level that rogues will need nerfs soon after 5.2. we also called it on warriors being overpowered to start mop. the players may not have every piece of data on every little part of the game, but those of us who are high rated play it enough to know when something is broken or going to be broken when it hits live from looking at patch notes. save this thread and my post if you want to go back after it hits live to see if i was wrong. both monks specs will also be really strong in pvp next patch as well but i wouldn't call for nerfs yet until i see some play from them on live.
    So, Rogues were overpowered all of Cataclysm instead of just 4.3 Dragon Soul? I'm relieved then that Blizzard does not listen to those who are high rated players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Do you have any proof backing this up....?

Blizzard balances around all aspects of the game and not just the very best.

If Blizzard made sure only the 1% could achieve (semi) high ranking with their class then it would ruin the game for the 99% (you included)
    If Blizzard made sure only the 1% could achieve high dps (by having some messed up rotation and gear choices) the game again would be ruined for the 99.

Blizzard has always aimed to make the game playable for everybody, starting from the computer specs and ending with the class balance.

During WOTLK Warriors bladestorm could kill most people during the duration unless that person used a defensive cooldown (which usually had a longer cooldown then the warrior's bladestorm). Oh sure if you had the best gear you could probably survive the attack without blowing a cooldown of 3 mins (bladestorm was 1.5) but only the very best have access to the gear, so somebody starting mid season would always be at a disadvantage during a person where counter classes should have been removed.

Blizzard knows WoW the best and they know what the majority of the players want. MoP may be a huge grind but it has brought back the biggest addicts and made some new ones as well.
    Even those 1% would admit it's stupidly hard to achieve that dps/rating and would try to figure something out to make it both easier for themselve and for lesser skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Even those 1% would admit it's stupidly hard to achieve that dps/rating and would try to figure something out to make it both easier for themselve and for lesser skilled players.
    Thats not the point...

The point is that Blizzard balances around every aspect of the game and not just the small top rated.

Accusing Blizzard of just listening to noobs is a perfect reason why Blizzard doesn't take player feedback literately, the problem of a lower rated or lesser skilled person isn't the same as somebody that is the best. But if Blizzard just listen to one specific group then the game would become unplayable because either the low/mid level players would get screwed or the high lvl players would get screwed. My example was a ability which people claimed back then that it was ''fine at high levels'' (which can be argued against because warriors think if they aren't demi-gods then they become suddenly the weakest class).

With every expansion the game becomes more balanced (with the major exception of the first season), back in TBC one would almost not bother fighting if the opponents comb had a certain class because they would hard-counter them.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    5.2 is a perfect example, people already know that rogues will be overpowered in pvp again just like they were through all of cata. blizzard can talk about statistics all they want, common sense tells everyone who play pvp at a high level that rogues will need nerfs soon after 5.2. we also called it on warriors being overpowered to start mop. the players may not have every piece of data on every little part of the game, but those of us who are high rated play it enough to know when something is broken or going to be broken when it hits live from looking at patch notes. save this thread and my post if you want to go back after it hits live to see if i was wrong. both monks specs will also be really strong in pvp next patch as well but i wouldn't call for nerfs yet until i see some play from them on live.
    Granted, 4.3 was a long time, but it was not all of Cata. Rogues go in cycles, sucky for damage at the begining of the xpac and awesome at the end, all due to gear scaling. Their reliance on gear is a double edged sword, throw in an overpowered trink and wellfare legendarys, and you have got an OP class.

On topic: many people who cry about an ability have never played that class. A good example is warlock's chaos bolt. People didnt like the high damage from it, and had no idea how it worked, so they wanted it nerfed. Calling for nerfs/buffs on forums is easier than learning to play, whether it be not knowing how to counter an ability, or not knowing how an entire class/spec works.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

Because Season 5 happens every time.

No other reason.

Deleted
    Tell me, at your workplace ( if you have one ), does your boss / superintended listen to all you crap? I didn't think so either.
    The problem with the playerbase feedback is that it's always biased. Bads just want what's best for their fotm class, while the others get the scraps.
    Blizz has statistics, and polls to it's side...they could just go ahead and completely ignore the players and do their job.
    And to be honest, outside some minor bug abusing /exploiting ( which let's face it, are hard to predict ) wow is going more than fine.