Deleted
    Does faction choice have a major effect on the game? Do different factions have different quests and story arcs? I am tempted to go Illuminati, I don't believe in everything being black or white, sometimes there are shades of grey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Does faction choice have a major effect on the game? Do different factions have different quests and story arcs? I am tempted to go Illuminati, I don't believe in everything being black or white, sometimes there are shades of grey.
    Removed for false info, sorry
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2013-01-04 at 08:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I believe the different factions obviously have their own story and I believe PvP splits them. Other than that you can group together and even be in the same Cabal from what Ive seen.
    Can anyone else confirm this? This would be a useful feature.

Edit: Do you also have separate EU and US servers like most MMO's?
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-01-04 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Cabals are faction locked, but you can group and raid with other factions.

All servers are located on the east coast of america I believe, and although you pick a server you can group, play with and join cabals on any server you will get a prompt asking if you want to switch to their server (dimension) this isn't permanent although you can buy a server transfer on the item shop..

Server choice is only a factor for PvP.

thesecretworld.com/news
    blog_single_server_technology_in_the_secret_world
    Last edited by mmoc9b22bf2282; 2013-01-04 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Passorted Deets View Post
    Cabals are faction locked, but you can group and raid with other factions.
    I removed that info. I must have gotten confused with Rift and GW2 on how guilds worked. Sorry for the confusion!

I was watching some videos of it and decided I will be picking it up later and i got lucky its the last copy the gamestop near me has

If you guys can tell me how the game is since it went B2P(Buy 2 play) that would be great.

Like how hard is it to get into its style of dungeons/raids how active the servers are and all.

And i know it isn't the best rig in the world but how well will my computer run it.

Motherboard: Foxconn A74GA
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) II X2 B22 Processor 2.80ghz
    RAM: 6GB DDR3 PC3-10600
    Video Card: Sapphire AMD Radeon 6450 1GB DDR3

With this setup I can run guild wars 2 around 25-30fps on low settings and I figured that TSW is a bit less of a hardware hog then GW2. I do plan to Upgrade my CPU at some point just no $$$ to do it right now.

Also can anyone tell me how big its install is right now?
    Last edited by dota2please; 2013-01-05 at 05:41 PM.

Mine is 34.1 GB

pretty huge

Quote Originally Posted by Replica9 View Post
    Mine is 34.1 GB

pretty huge
    I figured as much. Anyone got any idea's how decent it will run on

I know it won't be 60+ fps and i can run guild wars 2 around 25-30fps figured TSW was less demanding. Will be upgrading in the future but can't right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    I figured as much. Anyone got any idea's how decent it will run on

I know it won't be 60+ fps and i can run guild wars 2 around 25-30fps figured TSW was less demanding. Will be upgrading in the future but can't right now.
    Depending on how you set up your graphics settings in TSW, it'll run easier or harder on your machine. If you're running on low settings across the board (won't look nearly as good) you should see similar performance to GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Depending on how you set up your graphics settings in TSW, it'll run easier or harder on your machine. If you're running on low settings across the board (won't look nearly as good) you should see similar performance to GW2.
    I figured as much. Ill mess with the settings a little so it will run good while looking decent.

I don't mind playing around 30-40fps kinda use to it with consoles and never being able to get me a really nice gaming comp. that is my next big spend tho been wanting to build one for quite awhile.

I did figure tho that TSW is a lot easy'er on its system req then gw2.

I figured as much. Ill mess with the settings a little so it will run good while looking decent.

I don't mind playing around 30-40fps kinda use to it with consoles and never being able to get me a really nice gaming comp. that is my next big spend tho been wanting to build one for quite awhile.

I did figure tho that TSW is a lot easy'er on its system req then gw2.
    I personally found it ran worse than GW2 on my antique ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I personally found it ran worse than GW2 on my antique ^^
    Well I will know in a few mins installing it now. Got it at gamestop for 30$ figured I would get at lease 30hrs out of it so I'm happy.

I have done the dragon world events in GW2 decent "round 15-20fps" i know thats not a lot but its playable until i can upgrade my CPU. Currently my CPU is holding me back on a out of things plan to upgrade when i can.

Edit: I have to have all the settings on the most low and my res to like 1024x768 to get above 20fps this is running worse then GW2 but with that and a few UI changes I am enjoying it so far made a templar/Paladin.

I don't like the whole first name last name nick name thing rather it just be first/last name.
    Last edited by dota2please; 2013-01-06 at 03:47 AM.

Well I will know in a few mins installing it now. Got it at gamestop for 30$ figured I would get at lease 30hrs out of it so I'm happy.

I have done the dragon world events in GW2 decent "round 15-20fps" i know thats not a lot but its playable until i can upgrade my CPU. Currently my CPU is holding me back on a out of things plan to upgrade when i can.

Edit: I have to have all the settings on the most low and my res to like 1024x768 to get above 20fps this is running worse then GW2 but with that and a few UI changes I am enjoying it so far made a templar/Paladin.

I don't like the whole first name last name nick name thing rather it just be first/last name.
    I think the worst part about setting your graphics low in that game are the close ups of people talking. They look like really bad clay-mation heads or something, very ugly xD

It's not really a fault of the game I suppose, more of me trying to run it on a sub-par pc :P

Yeah I just made my nickname and first name the same :z

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I think the worst part about setting your graphics low in that game are the close ups of people talking. They look like really bad clay-mation heads or something, very ugly xD

It's not really a fault of the game I suppose, more of me trying to run it on a sub-par pc :P

Yeah I just made my nickname and first name the same :z
    try'ed that but the first name was taken LOL.

ya that and if you got HP bars turned on for everyone and have it show ur name thats all you will see lol

Deleted
    I just love my new outfit :3 http://oi46.tinypic.com/51piyc.jpg
    Egypt is wonderful so far, even though I have a tendency to just despise desert zones in every game I play (second act Diablo 3, second act TL2, tanaris wow).

I have saved up 35 SP, but I am not sure if I should go for the Quantum Brace or the Chainsaw(the two Aux weps i've unlocked). I play with blood/fist(though I kind of only use blood spells and save my fist resources for healing), what do you think is best? (Personally I think the chainsaw really fits "my character").
    Also, I know you can modify, change the apperance etc. your rocket launcher, is this possible with the Chainsaw and Quantum Brace as well?

On a small note: The voiceacting of Dr Anton Aldini by Peter Stormare is simply amazing(I am swedish and the few things he say in swedish really spice it up and I find it really funny) :3

You change the appearance of all the auxiliary weapons exactly the same way.

Honestly? first priority would be getting 10 in your weapons and talismans, if you've got that, then hmm - Chainsaw more = melee and tanking, Quantum = support and healing assist.

Deleted
    Okay, i am now extremly tired of this game. The rank 9 illuminati quest is probably THE single most bugged thing I have ever encountered in a game. Not only do the fucking turrets deal 2k damage, but they can also shoot through walls, fire 2 shots instead of one sometimes(which means a total of 6 shots á 2k each). To make things even more fun, it is also timed. fucking yay.
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2013-01-06 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Okay, i am now extremly tired of this game. The rank 9 illuminati quest is probably THE single most bugged thing I have ever encountered in a game. Not only do the fucking turrets deal 2k damage, but they can also shoot through walls, fire 2 shots instead of one sometimes(which means a total of 6 shots á 2k each). To make things even more fun, it is also timed. fucking yay.
    I think it's the same for all factions, if I recall correctly. Don't worry if you have to go out and get better gear, XP is cumulative and will still apply to subsequent ranks even though it won't show. I finished my rank 9 mission two weeks after I got there, and when I finished it I jumped right to the next ranking mission, which I think was 12 or 13.

Deleted
    I made it after like 30 minutes of trying and resetting 3 times >_<
    But Now i'm sad instead, just watched the issue 5 video and the quantum brace is freakin' awesome, and now i'm stuck with a rusty chainsaw :|

I'm sure it's been asked but I was wondering if there's a trial of this game.