Poll: Do you sign the petition to remove flying mounts?

Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    Deleted

Petition: Remove Flying Mounts - Let Azeroth Re-grow!

What ho all,

This is a poll, which might turn into a genuine petition to show Blizzard if enough people respond 'Yes'.

Do you remember exploring the ancient ruins of the Eastern Kingdoms, or the vast plains of Kalimdor?

Can you recall the feeling of crossing one of the little rivers of Elwynn on your way to Westfall?

Remember when trees and mountains looked impressive where they towered far above?

Remember not having everything beautiful on Azeroth look like low-res miniatures in the distance, while you hover idly far above?

Do you think flying mounts should stay or go?
    Discuss!

Edit: removed a large chunk of text, as the part above speaks for itself.
    Last edited by mmoce6c1c8307c; 2013-01-05 at 08:19 PM.

Deleted
    When you put up the pictures like that, yeah, I want them flying mounts removed too!
    But when I think about it, no... I want to get to Krasarang fast!

Absolutely not. Azeroth is a leveling zone to power through, nothing more.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's your choice not to fly but don't drag us along who like flying itself just because you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The opinions of a vast portion of the gaming community aside..... Blizzard put far, far too much energy and resources into turning Azeroth into a fly zone to simply go back to a no-fly zone.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    It's your choice not to fly but don't drag us along who like flying itself just because you don't like it.

This really. This is what I always say. I honestly find it a bit selfish that you would have something removed because you lack the self-control to explore something by foot due to the fact that there is convenience. I actually find it a bit appalling.

Definite NO from me.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The opinions of a vast portion of the gaming community aside..... Blizzard put far, far too much energy and resources into turning Azeroth into a fly zone to simply go back to a no-fly zone.
    This indeed. It would invalidate most of what good things Cataclysm did bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    My compleat and utterly full agreement goes with this right here!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

i enjoy flying around and seeing the sights, i don't just fly above the tree tops, i like to fly low enough to see things but not to where everything's attacking me. i don't want to have to fight a bunch of mobs just to see things. the simple thing is the people that don't like flying don't fly. use your ground mounts all the time. don't try to ruin flying for those who like it just because you can't get yourself to stop using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I much preferred the older Azeroth pre-flying mounts and pre-cataclysm. But as Kasierith said, there was too much money put into transforming it for them to go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    If anything flying speed should be bumped a bit, let's say 50%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This indeed. It would invalidate most of what good things Cataclysm did bring.
    I have to say, flying through the new world in cata was one of the most enjoyable experiences I ever had in WoW. It was even worth not competing for a realm first (not that I had much of a chance of getting that anyways).

Deleted
    Thought: So a lot of people prefer playing in a spreadsheet, as opposed to an online world, then?

Above statement is a bit cheeky, but you catch my drift. The most frequent complaint I see on these forums is that flying ruined everything. Of course everything is more convenient when you can fly everywhere, but everything is also more convenient if Blizzard were to hand out a billion gold to every player. It would, however, ruin the game - much like flying did to some extent.

While removing flying would be the best thing for the game overall, I recognise that there's almost no way to remove them without damaging the game and community. The convenience is too great, and the emotional attachment too high at this point.

The truth is that flying mounts are a parasite on the game, burrowed too deep to simply be removed without killing the host. So Blizzard do what they can to contain it: they remove flying mounts from us for as long as they are able. With every new expansion we lose the ability to fly for as long as possible, and even in the single expansion which did have flying for the levelling content, we still lost them in the two areas Blizzard expected us to spend the majority of our level capped time in (Tol Barad and the Molten Front).

Flying mounts are terrible. Awful. One of the worst design decisions Blizzard could ever have made. And yet, they cannot be removed. A real shame, because we are missing out on so much due to their existence. So sorry, this petition won't work, nor would I want it to. If this petition somehow forced Blizzard to remove flying mounts, then they'd do it before they were ready to make the change. It would severely harm the game.

Maybe Blizzard have a solution waiting in the wings. I hope that maybe one day we can lose our flying mounts entirely. The game can only be improved if it happened in the right way.
    Last edited by Kisho; 2013-01-05 at 08:05 PM.

You could say I took the whole ground-bound leveling thing in stride with the goal of flying as a goal to that end. I'm glad the devs realise what effect taking away flying would have.

Flying mounts shouldn't have been introduced, but removing them now is not an option.

I choose no. Because i see more of the world with a flying mount anyway. I only see this as an attempt to make word pvp better, which i could give two craps about, unless it's in a home city. lol

You could have a petition for something useful. Like casters at halfhill that sit there and constantly try and kill people then run off into their phased farm. avoiding any attempts at self defense from
    Last edited by Mancowski; 2013-01-05 at 09:55 PM.

Oh lord no.

It drives me crazy I have to walk about on foot levelling an alt in pandaria to 90 as it is. The first run -through great, subsequent run-throughs - not so much.

No one is forcing you to fly if you want to walk / ground mount / flight path - do so!

Deleted
    Exactly this.
    Whiners have already succeeded by making blizzard forbid flying in Pandaria until 90. And frankly I've seen reviews of MoP which scolded the game for that.
    To answer OP: yes, I recall, I remember etc. And I hated that.
    Flying mounts are the best feature ever introduced in WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc829d37085d; 2013-01-05 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High General Turalyon View Post
    Thought: So a lot of people prefer playing in a spreadsheet, as opposed to an online world, then?

Above statement is a bit cheeky, but you catch my drift. The most frequent complaint I see on these forums is that flying ruined everything. Of course everything is more convenient when you can fly everywhere, but everything is also more convenient if Blizzard were to hand out a billion gold to every player. It would, however, ruin the game - much like flying did to some extent.

Wrong. I didn't notice that WoW was ruined. All I noticed was all the auctions in the AH and the people around me on flying mounts and normal mounts, or roleplayers passing by.

How long has WoW been ruined by the way? I must've been continuing, not noticing due to being blissfully ignorant. How have I not noticed that WoW was ruined all this time!

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.