Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best race for Mage on Horde?

Hello fellas, i'm gonna change my faction... changing Panda to something on Horde.

But i'm little confuse about the race i'm gonna switch. I was thinking about Troll because they racial I think is one of the best things about one good Mage burst... but I don't know if only this racial is enough.
    Then I think about Goblin with they racial 1% of Haste, but I don't know with my little experience in this game, if Hast should help me enough playing with Arcane(Mastery build) our even with Frost or Fire.

Wich race should I change?

ps: I do PvE.

Thanks for the help guys!

Troll by far.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Troll by far.
    pve is panda by far

troll by far
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

well he did say "changing panda to something on horde". trolls racial is really good. i dont know how orcs racial is though, might be worth to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by osserai View Post
    well he did say "changing panda to something on horde". trolls racial is really good. i dont know how orcs racial is though, might be worth to consider.
    I was thinking about Orc considering his attack power racial buff should be pretty good, using for burst. Especially when the BL is up.

I like Panda cuz they have the "double buff food", but I was thinking about more "hard" like Troll racial or those things.

Deleted
    I think that every activated racial is useful to every class. However, I prefer Blood Elf as my arcane mage, because as well as fitting the "elven master of magic" theme, Arcane Torrent allows me to fire an extra arcane blast or two around 90% mana. Plus the animation looks cool with arcane magic :P

Orc is meh, mostly for PvP

Troll and Goblin are incredible. The Berserking is crazy good and you can never go wrong with 1% Haste on Goblin as all 3 speccs of Mage have Haste as either their best or second best stat.

Panda is okay, but you only get 250-300 Intellect, and it only works when you have food buff. It's not just there like Goblin and Troll are.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

troll ! berserking is awesome !

troll (more than the rest provided you use it in good states; if used on a say.. frostbolt macro about 1k - 2k~ damage increase; way more if used in conjunction with buffs etc)

undead / panda / goblin / orc (all work out to be about 1k dps~ over the course of a 5 minute fight)

blood elf (yea..)

I choosed Pandaren because in Alliance we haven't a racial like trolls our goblin for exemple. We can see anything between those races our Worgens only... so I still don't know wich race i'm gonna choose. hahaha

But I really appreciate every help here. Tomorrow is D day and I'll notice u guys.

I liked Troll when I played Horde. Their racial was a nice extra burst button in case something didn't go exactly as planned during an encounter. Like needing a little extra push on the orbs for Elegon or something. Static buffs like 1% haste or extra food stats are nice, but the extra utility was what made it for me.

Deleted
    Troll is best for Fire and Arcane, Orc is Best for Frost. (in PvE this is)

Troll. With Arcane being the top spec for pve right now, and haste being so important, you almost ALWAYS have a haste CD to stack with other DPS cooldowns.

Does command work on Water Eles now? I remember a while back it specifically stated DKs, Hunters and Warlocks only.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamel View Post
    I choosed Pandaren because in Alliance we haven't a racial like trolls our goblin for exemple. We can see anything between those races our Worgens only... so I still don't know wich race i'm gonna choose. hahaha

But I really appreciate every help here. Tomorrow is D day and I'll notice u guys.
    Humans and gnomes get +1% hit when using swords (and daggers for gnome) so before people say that goblins are better they need to take that in consideration.
    Granted it doesn't work when using a staff and not as good as troll but still nothing to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    Humans and gnomes get +1% hit when using swords (and daggers for gnome) so before people say that goblins are better they need to take that in consideration.
    Granted it doesn't work when using a staff and not as good as troll but still nothing to ignore.
    That would be true were it not the case that 1% haste is more rating than 1% hit. Haste is multiplicative, so the more haste you get the more goblin racial gives.
    For example, 8983 haste is needed to reach the 17th tick of NT as a goblin (assuming frost armor + raid haste), where the rest needs 9498. At that point, the racial gives a bit over 500 haste rating effectively. Hit always gives 340 rating.

Aside from that, you usually reforge hit from whatever second stat is on your gear, so 1% hit wouldn't mean you get 340 haste rating at all times.

I'd personally go with troll. Alter Time makes it give 6 seconds extra if you use it properly. For arcane and fire it works wonders, for frost it's not bad at all either.

E: Fixed typo
    Last edited by Ryoushi; 2013-01-07 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shippai View Post
    Pandaren and Draenei are by far better for Alliance than those 2 races, for Fire Mages Worgen is best though.

Deleted
    As horde, you could go for every race.
    You're an ally's panda, why don't you make a horde's panda ?

Blood Elf is better for arcane, good interrupt AOE
    Orc is good for all and better for Frost because of the +2% damage on the Pet.
    Undead is now good
    Tauren can't be mage
    Goblin is good for all and a little better for Frost (that love haste). Utility is good.
    Troll is the OP race because of the "Haste trinket".

But, it can be possible that there is some nerf if people continue to change for Horde.

Deleted
    As most people have already said, just go Troll.