The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What PSU did you get precisely?
    Why did you go for an i7-3770K?
    Why go dual 660s when you could have easily afforded a 680?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I don't dare posting a pic of my PC setup, I haven't done any cable management even though my case allows it

But spec is in sig, My next upgrade would be better RAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My place for movies & console gaming.
    http://i.imgur.com/jUJUGh.jpg?1

Hp 23 inch, logitech thx, ipad, razor lycosa, g500 mouse and santa claus himself xD
    http://i.imgur.com/SR6RF.jpg?1

The beast itself, rig in signature.

http://i.imgur.com/8aLGE.jpg?1
    http://i.imgur.com/HBqBs.jpg?1
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    I don't dare posting a pic of my PC setup, I haven't done any cable management even though my case allows it

But spec is in sig, My next upgrade would be better RAM.
    I'd also say more SSD, in case you are running out of space for games like I am. :P 128GB SSD here. >_<

But don't make me quote when I posted my old gaming setup that was a Gateway! Your setup is better than that. lol (I've improved my own setup since then, however!)
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'd also say more SSD, in case you are running out of space for games like I am. :P 128GB SSD here. >_<

But don't make me quote when I posted my old gaming setup that was a Gateway! Your setup is better than that. lol (I've improved my own setup since then, however!)
    A 500GB SSD would be nice to upgrade to, but it's kinda expensive. I would much rather wait till they come out with 1TB SSD's so I can finally ditch the HDD

What PSU did you get precisely?
    Why did you go for an i7-3770K?
    Why go dual 660s when you could have easily afforded a 680?
    I'm not sure what the PSU is offhand.
    3770k partially because i could, mostly for juggling around those big fraps files, computer is still new so i haven't gotten down to it, but plan on getting heavier into the video editing. However what i have done with a few large planetside 2 videos it has just chewed them up and spit em back out at stupid speed.
    660x2 is pretty much equal, if not outperforming the 680 in all the benchmarks i've seen, and i picked it up for less than $400 I will be doing a straight upgrade to the 700 series when it comes along, so picking up a 670 or 680 for eventual expansion into SLI was just never my plan.

If you are planning on upgrading to the 770 or 780 in 4-5 months time anyway, why not just buy a single 660?

Not quite strong enough for what i'm wanting to do right now. Also i won't be picking them up immediately, most likely late in the year. The 660s will also be going into a secondary build back home, for my family to enjoy, and myself when i go home to visit (living in korea and don't want to lug my PC to the other side of the world)

10+ Year Old Account
    @Purple Spy, guess I can't argue those points.

A 500GB SSD would be nice to upgrade to, but it's kinda expensive. I would much rather wait till they come out with 1TB SSD's so I can finally ditch the HDD
    Don't plan to ditch the HDD, plan to use them in conjunction with each other, as HDDs will always be cheaper per GB.
    SSD - OS, Programs, Games
    HDD - pictures, videos, music, any other files.
    "A flower.

Don't plan to ditch the HDD, plan to use them in conjunction with each other, as HDDs will always be cheaper per GB.
    SSD - OS, Programs, Games
    HDD - pictures, videos, music, any other files.
    That's my plans too. When I said ditch my HDD I meant not use it for anything else but storage. At the moment I can't fit all my programs and games on my current SSD, I would need a pretty big one and I don't think a 500GB SSD will be enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my plans too. When I said ditch my HDD I meant not use it for anything else but storage. At the moment I can't fit all my programs and games on my current SSD, I would need a pretty big one and I don't think a 500GB SSD will be enough.
    Well, not all games really need to be on an SSD. For example, Diablo 3 literally gets no benefit being on an SSD, since its loading is so minuscule. Just how many games do you have that a 500GB SSD wouldn't be enough? O.o
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, not all games really need to be on an SSD. For example, Diablo 3 literally gets no benefit being on an SSD, since its loading is so minuscule. Just how many games do you have that a 500GB SSD wouldn't be enough? O.o
    Diablo 3 gets a benefit from being on an SSD. If the HDD is slow enough it can cause major stuttering in Diablo 3 as it loads stuff on the fly. Tons of people suffered from that issue :P People who had Diablo 3 on SSD's didn't have these issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Diablo 3 gets a benefit from being on an SSD. If the HDD is slow enough it can cause major stuttering in Diablo 3 as it loads stuff on the fly. Tons of people suffered from that issue :P People who had Diablo 3 on SSD's didn't have these issues.
    What..? That is an issue i have never seen or heared about before. And my D3 has been on my HDD since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    That is the only benefit it gets, that I've noticed. But it doesn't really affect anything too poorly, I daresay. Certainly doesn't benefit as much as an MMORPG being on an SSD would, or Skyrim. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    What..? That is an issue i have never seen or heared about before. And my D3 has been on my HDD since day 1.
    You must not read much then.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978349974
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5642269402
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151715951
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443

I never said everyone suffered from it. I said if the HDD is slow enough. There's more posts on it and I can provide more if you want.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-01-05 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying i've had no problems what so ever.

And anyone building a computer this date will automatically get an HDD that is fast enough to read/write D3 while maintaining windows aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I'm saying i've had no problems what so ever.

And anyone building a computer this date will automatically get an HDD that is fast enough to read/write D3 while maintaining windows aswell.
    No, you said you never heard about it happening before along with saying you didn't have this happen. Modern hard drives haven't gotten much faster in the last 5 years. They've gone from about 90 to 110MB/s which isn't much of an increase at all.

Modern hard drives can have this issue happen.
    Last edited by Saithes; 2013-01-05 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember which HDD I used to have Diablo 3 on before moving it to my SSD, but I had the issue - not all the time, but usually if a lot of shit got on the screen, it would stutter for a second. Funny thing is my Cav Green 1.5TB 5900RPM is pretty much equally as fast as my Cav Blue 7200RPM 600GB HDD... probably because the Blue is now 4 years old. :P
    "A flower.

A final shot of the FT03. However, I've now borrowed away the PC to a friend of mine. So I can't take more pictures even if I wanted to! :P

Also, I've been using a "new" mouse while I'm here... the Steelseries Sensei Raw. Pretty neat. Used it on a Diablo 3 mousemat I found on heavy discount. Liked the artwork. Bought it. The normal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I replaced my naga with a g600 and took some bad pictures with my phone.

http://imgur.com/a/oBO8m

The areas that change color pulse at the same speed since you can change the pulse speed on the mouse, so I matched it to the keyboard.
    Great! As someone who has experienced both Naga and G600, what are your initial impressions? Better/worse?
    edit: if you want to reply to me please do so in the Computer Forum Chat Thread or the mods will destroy us all, destroy us all, DESTROY US AAAAAAAA-

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    So I can't take more pictures even if I wanted to! :P
    Yaaay finally a break from your having awesome camera/photo skillz being rubbed in my face >_<
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-01-06 at 02:13 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze