Deleted

Question Rare spawn timers?

How long are respawn timers on rares and how generally do they work? (does timer start from spawn of mob or when mob dies)

I am trying to get my http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2257/frostbitten and http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1312/bloody-rare
    so I would be mainly interested on how respawn timers work in those cases,
    but knowing how they work on other rares like ones on 1-60 areas, MoP rares, TLPD, Aeonaxx and what else wouldn't hurt either

10+ Year Old Account
    30m to 2hrs from when it dies for MoP rares.

Deleted
    The WotLK rares are capped continent wide. There can only be a limited number of rares up on the whole of Northrend. I think the same goes for TBC ones, but not sure on that. Be ready for days of patrolling if you want those ^^

MoP achie is relatively easy. Just make a route past all the rare spawn points and you're setteled. Clear cache and do this every 2 hours or so and you should get it fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    The WotLK rares are capped continent wide. There can only be a limited number of rares up on the whole of Northrend. I think the same goes for TBC ones, but not sure on that. Be ready for days of patrolling if you want those ^^

MoP achie is relatively easy. Just make a route past all the rare spawn points and you're setteled. Clear cache and do this every 2 hours or so and you should get it fast.
    The non-MoP rares are way too hard to find for what little they're worth. There's no justification for Aeonaxx to take 3 days to spawn when his drop isn't any better than Selena's or Tidehunter's drops. Completing the Northrend and Cataclysm versions of Glorious is near impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    The non-MoP rares are way too hard to find for what little they're worth. There's no justification for Aeonaxx to take 3 days to spawn when his drop isn't any better than Selena's or Tidehunter's drops. Completing the Northrend and Cataclysm versions of Glorious is near impossible.
    Near impossible... Think positive and good things will happen!

As for Aeonaxx vs Other Rares, not really fair to compare them don't ya think? Mount vs random gear or "fun" item... yea.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    Near impossible... Think positive and good things will happen!

As for Aeonaxx vs Other Rares, not really fair to compare them don't ya think? Mount vs random gear or "fun" item... yea.
    Well, I put way more value into things like the Druid Symbiosis item Selena drops, than a simple reskinned mount. He's not unique and is even available on the BMAH.
    Aeonaxx was just an example, other Cata rares take equally long time to respawn, despite having useless drops for max lvls, similar to the Krasarang/Jade Forest mobs.

Deleted
    I once spotted Doomsay Jurim (the most stupid of the rares to catch) while on a flightpath, but thanks to the wonders of CRZ, I could forget about killing him

Your best bet is do a circle around northrend on silly hours. I had my Frostbitten achieve almost completed in one morning. Logged in at 6:30 Server time, and did my round. This was prio to CRZ though, so, I expect much less rare's up. But still, it's your best chance to encounter them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Park Alts in every zone in Northrend. Use them to kill the ones you already have so you can force the spawn or another.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Took me about 1 week each to get all but 2-4 rares for both the Northrend and the BC achievement. And then another 2-3 weeks to get those last ones, it was very annoying.

Just flew over the continent and visited the supposed spawn zones for the missing rares and as soon as I had all from one zone I didn't visit it anymore. If it's true that there can only be a certain amount of rares per continent than that probably explains why it took to long for me to complete the achievements.

MoP on the other side was pretty easy. Atleast on Antonidas-EU, when one rare of a zone spawned the other ones in that zone spawned too. So I sometimes got 3 or even more rares within 5 minutes (if I was fast enough and no one else found them before I did).
    So I just sat down at one spawn point instead of flying round the whole zone.