best gaming laptop for 1000-2000$

Hi all. I am in the market for a gaming laptop.
    Now I know desktops are cheaper, more powerful, more upgradable, etc... but I travel a lot for work and so I don't really have much time to spend on my rig at home. My dell latitude laptop is also getting pretty long in the tooth so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Please don't come in here just to say "herp derp just build a desktop for half a s much".

I don't really care about how thick or heavy it is because my latitude is a notebook from the mid 2000's and weighs several pounds and is well over an inch thick. I would rather go for a 17 inch, but I would go for a 15 inch if the cheaper price allowed for a decent step up in internal power.

I have spent a few weeks pouring over different brands and sites. Alienware is out of the question because of the price for good components in those, so that leaves sager/clevo, MSI, and Asus. The site I am probably going to get my laptop from is Xotic PC.

Sager's seem to have the best hardware for the money, and are "decently" built, but they don't seem to come with a lot of features, I have heard they have loud fans, and that they also have mediocre touch devices and keyboards. Their chassis are also extremely plain. I like something with a little flashiness or a cool design.

MSI seems to have a good all around mix. More expensive than the sagers, but they also come with bonus features such as turbo drive for the fans, gold plated audio jacks, a steel series keyboard, very good speakers for a laptop, and a good unique design.

Asus. I like asus's G-series design, but the lack of high end graphics cards (no 670mx,675mx, or 680) is kind of a turnoff. especially since I want this laptop to still be able to game for at least a couple years at decent settings.

Which brand do you think I should get?
    (I may be able to go a little over my budget if the specs are worth it and the price is close)
    Last edited by Defengar; 2013-01-05 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I'm saying you should get it from Tigerdirect, but I did some looking.

Asus laptops, many which have 670m or 675m
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...,Mfr%3BMfr_107

MSI laptops of the same deal
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...,Mfr%3BMfr_590

Might help get an idea what models to look for

Look here

http://www.originpc.com

Its custom build laptop (Pc's in general)
    You can even add custom pieces, they will buy it if needed. If the piece you want is not in the piece list, email them and they will add it to your build. You can "build" your laptop.
    Last edited by Punisher; 2013-01-05 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherQc View Post
    Look here

http://www.originpc.com

Its custom build laptop (Pc's in general)
    You can even add custom pieces, they will buy it if needed. If the piece you want is not in the piece list, email them and they will add it to your build. You can "build" your laptop.
    I have looked at them, and while it does seem like they do quality work, the laptops they buld are using clevo chassis and Xotic does the same thing at better prices (and with equal CS and quality from what I have read).

Does anyone have any gaming laptops by the above three brands that can comment on the build quality their model?

Yeah, Origin is a reseller of Sager laptops.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

10+ Year Old Account
    I recommend Sager/Clevo with all of my heart, the only quirk with the laptop is the keyboard.

TEQUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDOG

Stay away from Origin, their laptops are overpriced even though it's basically the same as Sager/iBuyPower
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I recommend Sager/Clevo with all of my heart, the only quirk with the laptop is the keyboard.

TEQUIKROWFOJUPSOERTHELAYDOG

Stay away from Origin, their laptops are overpriced even though it's basically the same as Sager/iBuyPower
    Have you noticed any noise or heat problems with yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at Toshiba Qosmio X875 series if you're looking for a good laptop. I personally don't own this series (I have an old X505) but the X505 was really good for a laptop.

The only complains I've heard about the X875 series is that the keyboard gets hot.

Here's the site in case you're interested. http://us.toshiba.com/computers/lapt...ailable-models

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Have you noticed any noise or heat problems with yours?
    It gets a little noisy when playing games, but that's expected on a laptop.

You won't have heat issues if you don't run it 24 hours a day for 4 days straight like I did at Dreamhack, the keyboard got really warm and it started idling at 60c, probably due to bad airflow in the hall & an xbox 360 right next to it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Thanks for responding!