Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yups; very much possible to cap avoidance completely. I'm not sure about the vengeance mechanic, but hey.
    It's to do with the level-jumps in item value compared to actual character level. When I had just entered Pandaland, before hitting 86, my DK was sitting on over 60% avoidance. And then it all went downhill pretty quickly. That's just how it is with the system. It's not a bug; it's an unwanted side-effect of a system set in place to manage end-level content and gear increases beyond level sixty. It's related to the diminishing returns and all that.

Using it to down a lvl 90 raidboss at 80 in a solo encounter is... Well; it's an exploit of that side effect, sure. But sooner or later, someone would put two and two together, do the math, and get this done.

That's not to say it would be easy, though. With a small health pool and portions of magical damage, most encounters will pose quite the challenge.

There is no gimmick block @ 62.73%, parry @ 43.43%, dodge @ 8.05%, together well over 100% so he can't be hit, also well over hit capped with vengeance stacks he''ll heal for just ridiculous amounts
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Deleted
    I hope to god they don't fix the scaling and just stop lower levels from entering higher level raids. This guy is an idiot for doing this and drawing attention to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    look @ the gold aswell. with 10 ppl it would have been 250g
    blizz nerfed gold so its per person now. itll drop what it should if there were 10 people in the group

Because he has 100% avoidance, he will gain vengeance while taking little to no damage from the boss. The amount of vengeance from 3 dogs and the explosion will generate a huge sacred shield. Even being unable to survive 1 explosion you could pop bubble or Ardent defender. Majority of the time though his sacred shield absorb will be big enough to absorb the explosions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's true that mop greens+blues make level 80s hit like trains and feel nothing . But blizzard needs to fix this .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I hope to god they don't fix the scaling and just stop lower levels from entering higher level raids. This guy is an idiot for doing this and drawing attention to himself.
    He's not the only one, provided the others did lk/cata bosses, there was someone who solo'd LK25H in late 2012. Nothing is gonna happen to him or the others that did it since its not really an exploit.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The method being used is the same method which has been around since MoP released. Blizzard has had more than enough time to look in to this but since it was previously used for older content, nobody really noticed and even less complained. Now that it's affecting current content though, I suspect it'll light a fire under Blizzard's ass to at least band-aid the situation by forcing level caps for raids again.

The icing on this cake is that it's not a Death Knight.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    Even then, 1 bad explosion from the dogs and you'd be dead. Some sort of shenanigans was involved to dodge that.

Hmmm maybe some tank CDs is all I can think of, don't know if a prot paladin can actually avoid all of them.
    Divine Shield, Guardian+Divine Protection+Devotion Aura, Ardent Defender, repeat...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    He's not the only one, provided the others did lk/cata bosses, there was someone who solo'd LK25H in late 2012. Nothing is gonna happen to him or the others that did it since its not really an exploit.
    I am aware, I do it myself on 2 Paladins every week to farm the mount. But this is the first current content boss to be solo'd which means Blizzard will have to do something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creepfest View Post
    blizz nerfed gold so its per person now. itll drop what it should if there were 10 people in the group
    not when you look @ the gold on the boss its self. you see the full ammount drop for each person in the raid. i took more ppl in to raids had them not loot gold, after clearing the raid, i had them HS, then I ran to loot the gold. did this for the gold looted achivement. and it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    not when you look @ the gold on the boss its self. you see the full ammount drop for each person in the raid. i took more ppl in to raids had them not loot gold, after clearing the raid, i had them HS, then I ran to loot the gold. did this for the gold looted achivement. and it works.

It still drops much less though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

bow down to your new solo gods, dks.

This will get patched to where only 90s can enter the MoP raids.

Nerf bat inc.

It's nifty, and it's not going to stay.

Yet you're in a raid with 2 offline people. I call bullshit.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So the major errors by Blizzard

1. Creating gear that can be worn (rather easily) that gives 100% avoidance

This would not be a big deal except

2. Uncapping vengeance.

If they didn´t uncap vengeance, then these guys could do the same thing, but it would take an eternity to actually kill anything and something would kill them.

When I was in beta, I saw some of the rare drops and reported them as bugs. I didn´t think there was any way in hell Blizzard would allow a lvl 80 character to have a ilvl 442 item. I actually thought they created the item from a prior item, but forgot to bump the minimum level to 85.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    This will get patched to where only 90s can enter the MoP raids.
    I am fairly certain they are going to nerf vengeance. They probably still do not want lvl 80s soloing Cata raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Good thing it is impossible to edit a photo.
    See what happens when you don't read the whole post? You look not very smart.

How exactly is "unhittable"? Having 100% or more avoidance doesn't make you unhittable at all, block doesn't fully stop an attack and dodge and parry have diminishings, am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Yet you're in a raid with 2 offline people. I call bullshit.
    that is because level 80's cannot fly in pandaria...Where exactly is MSV? Kun-lai...on a balcony none the less
    two buddies summoned him there.