Thread: Kha'Zix

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kha'Zix

So I bought Kha'Zix because he was on sale. Am I the only one that thinks his Q does tons of damage with hardly any items at all? Also what lane does he shine in most? Viable Jungler? Think he will be nerfed since he went on sale? Seems like Riot nerfs champs after the put them on sell.

Deleted
    Skills: R>W>Q>E

Evolution: W>E>R>Q (oh wait nobody plays Rengar, forget Q)

Explanation: Q boost is overshadowed by everything else, evolving R also increases damage you do as well, because of additional passive reset.
    Items: BT&Cleaver, then get fun stuff.

Go mid and enjoy free elo.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Pretty much.

Explanation: Q boost is overshadowed by everything else, evolving R also increases damage you do as well, because of additional passive reset.

I would never evolve the W over anything else its just pretty lackluster compared to the Q or the E.

Deleted
    Yeah sure who needs to oneshot creep waves and have one of the best pokes, when you can deal extra 100 damage on your Q.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    So I bought Kha'Zix because he was on sale. Am I the only one that thinks his Q does tons of damage with hardly any items at all? Also what lane does he shine in most? Viable Jungler? Think he will be nerfed since he went on sale? Seems like Riot nerfs champs after the put them on sell.
    He is a viable jungler, his Q hits very hard, and if you evolve it it also hits for % damage. He is viable in top mid and the jungle, though he does poorly against bruisers if they get ahead a little bit. I doubt very much that he will be nerfed since he's been out for quite some time already. I think they tweaked him a little after launch, but I don't forsee any changes for him. He is very strong if he gets ahead, but he is relatively easy to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    I would never evolve the W over anything else its just pretty lackluster compared to the Q or the E.
    It's been proven that it brings much more damage and utility than the pitiful damage increase that evolving Q gives you. W, imo, is a no brainer for evolving first.

This pretty much, Upgrading Q is almost completely worthless. It increases his melee range - this is the only reason to level it. The increased damage is a joke.

You upgrade W because it applies your passive, making it one of the strongest pokes in the game. You upgrade E for a longer range jump, and you upgrade ult for an additional passive. You decide between R and Q for that 3rd point.

As for Kha'zix being OP: He has some major downsides. He's as squishy as an assassin, but needs more time than most assassins to get their damage out, and his primary engage mechanic is his only escape. Bruisers tend to eat you alive, although you can build him bruiserish to solve this. He's hard countered by CC moreso than a lot of champions, easily kited, and Vision Wards/oracles hard counters your ult. Personally as Support vs Talons or Kha'zix I carry Vision wards, and drop them when team fights start, unless I happen to have oracles running.

He's a strong champion, but he has flaws. I don't think he's OP at all.

The increased Q damage is a joke? Wut? It turns it into one of the most powerful (albiet situational) 1v1 nukes in the game. 12% of missing health is pretty big, and it does very good base damage anyway! It may not be quite as strong lategame but it is so definately worth it for the early game ganks. E at lvl 6 might be better, but Q is certainly strong as well. The extra Q damage is nothing to laugh at, especially as it acts as a finisher, doing more damage the lower their health is. I always evolved Q, then E, then W, as W was best lategame and I felt Q was best earlygame. I never liked evolving R. It was good sure, but I never felt it was as good as any of the other options - an extra one second stealth didn't seem that valuable to me, even if it did give extra damage from passive (which wasn't that much)...

I bought Kha'Zix at release and loved him, but then ended up not playing him for weeks, so refunded him to buy someone else. Wish I hadn't now...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    The thing I see good Kha'zix players do is ravage your backline before you notice due to his damned invis. If they manage to position themselves behind your team and there is an engage, he will just jump in, almost instakib your carry, and either continue by jumping into you or jump away and re-engage. Horrible.
    Unproper ones are very easily slain though. Squishy as shit.

Deleted
    Even though Q does a ton of damage, I would suggest to don't evolve it or evolve it last. CDR is amazing for Kha'Zix and I feel that an ability on >3sec should not go unnoticed, that's why I max it first.

BTW

maxing ability=/=evolving. Don't need to evolve the same way you max your abilities.

For evolving I go W>E>R>Q

Evolved W is an amazing poke and also applies a slow from KZ passive. E is amazing for assassinating as it would both increase the jump range as well as refresh it from kill/assist, helping you to get away after a dive or chase your opponents after a teamfight.

Evolved R would increase your survivability as well as your mobility.

Go E, W in midair and autoattck, R to reapply passive, Q and your opponent is dead.

Very squishy but very fun champion to play. Certainly not broken or OP
    Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2013-01-06 at 03:24 PM.

Deleted
    You max R before anything else O.o, and Q before E, you got resets for that thing. It's all like AP Tristana, but broken because you scale from AD and not AP, keeping you relevant no matter what they build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    Not.

His W is a lot better than his E from the experience I have with him. Sure, it reduces the CD, but once you hit level 11 you should always evolve E over anything else.

And the damage from W and the heal it gives is a lot better than the damage E gives, which is kinda low too tbh. You can burst someone better with a W than E tbh, since you will rarely use E for dmg but more for escape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    It's been proven that it brings much more damage and utility than the pitiful damage increase that evolving Q gives you. W, imo, is a no brainer for evolving first.
    I kinda agree.

But it depends on how the game goes and all that tbh. I'd say evolving Q and W is always a must do despite some times evolved Q won't do much difference from a non evolved Q.

Deleted
    You would evolve Q if you were fighting tank-heavy team. But truth is that nobody really plays that. Most of tanks are currently banned anyway.

Vs bruisers, assassins and carries you want R anyway, so you can keep facerolling in bigger fights.

Deleted
    You max R before anything else O.o, and Q before E, you got resets for that thing. It's all like AP Tristana, but broken because you scale from AD and not AP, keeping you relevant no matter what they build.
    I had written max where I wanted to write evolve. Fixed!

Deleted
    I'd say evolving Q and W is always a must
    I really can't recall when I last evolved Q. W is just to good to pass upon as it gives you incredible farming and pushing capabilities. Massive AoE damage which also slows. And if you got the skin, you got 3 rockets flying out of your shoulders, I mean ...

E has to be evolved because WINGS MAN, WINGS! and the reset is just ridiculously OP on one of the biggest jumps in game.

R is just awesome BECAUSE YOU BECOME A RED MECHANICAL BUG, YAAAAAAAY. But in all seriousness, being able to reactivate your passive is HUGE. Not to mention you get a flat 40% damage reduction which if used correctly can save you shitloads of damage.

Q is just ... meh. It's not bad, the rest is just tons better in nearly every situation.

Only reason I'd evolve Q is if they have something like Mundo on their team, Build BC and LW and just wreck him.

Other then that, Q is lackluster at best. Evolving R lets you be more tanky and get an extra reset on your passive.

As far as him being OP? I don't know, he's very VERY strong, for sure. But I think he's like Evelynn in the sense that nobody knows how to handle him. Gained like 200 Elo just playing him in mid/top since S3 released just from him alone though, I think he will be a fotm champ in upcoming tournaments unless he gets nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    But in all seriousness, being able to reactivate your passive is HUGE. Not to mention you get a flat 40% damage reduction which if used correctly can save you shitloads of damage.

Q is just ... meh. It's not bad, the rest is just tons better in nearly every situation.
    Well, I don't really like to evolve R because I plan on killing a person as soon as I go in, like Katarina, that's just how I see it and since I play a lot of assassins I just prefer that way.

Also, you probably know but I play a lot of Dominion if not only Domi and ARAM, so going for evolved Q is literally a must must.

I evolved W instead of Q first in agame a while ago and I have to say it is a shockingly good ability to have. Can annihilate an entire creep wave with good positioning, and it makes it very hard to dodge it. Q already does tons of damage and you'll only want to use it first if your target is isolated. I am going to try a few games with him and not evolve his Q.

I however always take teleport and ignite when I play Khaz. His leap is essentially a really low CD flash.
    RETH

I think he will be slightly nerfed, his massive damage is OK considering he's an assasin, but his ridiculous jump must be nerfed a bit. Wouldn't call him OP, just slightly on the stronger side. Maybe he won't be perma banned/picked after a small nerf anymore.