Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post

He is covering vital information in the raid options panel, as you can see in the screenshot i've provided. It details how many tanks, healers, and DPS there are in the group. In my example picture, I have DPS Toggled off, while healers and tanks toggled on.

I'm suggesting that the OP had people assigned as "DPS" from the Role Check, and simply turned them off as I have.
    Look at the amount of gold dropped. The boss drops about 25 gold per person taking part of the kill, a full 10 player group would have dropped 250 gold that was split into 25 gold each, if you alone kill the boss it only drops 25 gold since it's only split for one person.

Also take a look at the video Starkey linked to:

this topic is full of people who have no idea how game mechanics work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Why though? It doesn't affect you in any way and its just a bit of fun for the other person.
    I agree. All they need to do is prevent lvl 80's from entering lvl 90 raids, all old content should be left "as is".

Deleted
    For those who were coming up with theories about how he could have hidden the raid frames, I went and spoke to him and he gave me this screenshot of before he looted: http://i.imgur.com/tem3N.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Chances are, blizz, when they get around to it, will nerf it by capping Paladins mastery at 99.99%.
    Shield of the Righteous is already capped at 99%

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    yeah vengeance isn't broken, hopefully 5.2 address's the issue.
    Well that looks like an order problem.
    Attack lands for 88k (after block), ShoR lands moments later. Game registers that you took that much damage and uses it to calculate vengeance, but thinks that ShoR was up in time for the hit when calculating it.

It's actually something I was able to replicate on my pally. Of course, he's lvl 85 with like 15% mastery, so bugging it out with him was the difference between getting 400 vengeance from mobs and getting about 750. When you have the game thinking you should have had 90+% damage reduction that you didn't actually have... then I can see things getting crazy.
    Would also explain why it's easier to bug out with multiple mobs. Easier to get that perfect timing.

I like how people keep screaming fake over and over, and refuse to look at the dude's armory basically saying "killed Stone Guards in MSV"

if lvl 80 prot pallies are that good,couldn't guilds just bring one for their progression raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    if lvl 80 prot pallies are that good,couldn't guilds just bring one for their progression raids?
    Cause that's plain cheating lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    It is an exploit, and although not fixed, with the constant people saying what it does, it is still an exploit. Not even one of those "hidden, not sure about exploits" its straight up exploiting a bug. If progression guilds used it, they would be banned and their achieves removed so fast..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    See what happens when you don't read the whole post? You look not very smart.
    You know, I was going to ignore it, but since you were being such a cunt...

He has HEAVILY edited his original post since I made that statement. So kindly fuck off.

Everything below the word "edit" was not there when I posted.

Mod Edit: Infracted. Don't insult other users.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-06 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    For those who were coming up with theories about how he could have hidden the raid frames, I went and spoke to him and he gave me this screenshot of before he looted: http://i.imgur.com/tem3N.jpg

Shield of the Righteous is already capped at 99%
    Thank you, that's all I was asking for.

Grats are in order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Well that looks like an order problem.
    Attack lands for 88k (after block), ShoR lands moments later. Game registers that you took that much damage and uses it to calculate vengeance, but thinks that ShoR was up in time for the hit when calculating it.

It's actually something I was able to replicate on my pally. Of course, he's lvl 85 with like 15% mastery, so bugging it out with him was the difference between getting 400 vengeance from mobs and getting about 750. When you have the game thinking you should have had 90+% damage reduction that you didn't actually have... then I can see things getting crazy.
    Would also explain why it's easier to bug out with multiple mobs. Easier to get that perfect timing.
    Yeah the forum i was looking at, says its all about timing the attacks too get insane vengeance damage, but people in the thread that are crying its fake, well it isn't. you can replicate it at 81 but takes 30% more mastery so its just easier doing it at 80
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    62% block from Mastery isn't that insane due to the scaling, but it should indicate that they would take some hits. Even if they blocked for 30%, they should still take damage that would kill them. The problem is that Word of Glory scaling is massive when it comes to vengeance. The reason this is a problem is because it's tightly integrated with the MoP Paladin tanking model. To fix it requires changes to said model.

They nerfed vengeance once before, which completely broke Protection soloing Sunwell bosses like Brutallus (because the meteor slash is magic damage, you don't gain as much vengeance as you did before the change). It also made many bosses in content above that easier to solo as retribution, simply because although you sacrifice some survivability, your damage is that much higher that most bosses are dead long before you're even close to dying (with the exception of a few hard hitters where protection survival comes out on top), and you've still got enough self healing to offset most of the damage they do (in lieu of block).

It's not vengeance that needs nerfing, not any more than it already has been. It simply needs to be that the scaling at lower levels isn't so high, or there's a hard cap on avoidance per level (at least until the diminishing returns associated with level 85+ start to kick in), or that they simply stop people below specific levels from entering specific raids. The last one is probably the better solution as it doesn't break anything it shouldn't. The former ones are ugly situations, but nerfing both those potentially breaks the class in content it might be doing legitimately.

All levels have diminishing returns on Avoidance. Dimishing Returns aren't there to make stacking parry/dodge bad- they are there because when there WASNT diminishing returns, you did nothing BUT stack dodge/parry because the more dodge parry you had, the less average damage you took (I.E back in BC, before DR on stats, going from 500-600 dodge rating gave more damage reduction then going from 100-200 dodge rating. Same thing happened with Armor- going from 10k-11k armor gave more damage reduction then going from 1k-2k armor. Diminishing returns causes it to keep the same damage reduction, no matter what rating you are going to)
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2013-01-06 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Running mouth off. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, my mind is hurting from some of the comments in here. It's very easy to get into current raids as a level 80. There are probably videos describing it.

As for whether this kill happened or not, you'll have to believe me (check my YouTube channel out first if you want something to help you), but these kills were inevitable. The vengeance bug has been around as long as MoP, and I've personally spent quite a significant amount of time trying to understand how it works, along with gathering enough evidence to get it fixed.

For any given raiding tier, if there is a boss that melees for any amount, an 80 prot paladin can both survive long enough without vengeance, but bug enough vengeance to ignore practically all dangerous abilities, and deal millions of DPS. It can be used to a lesser extent at all levels, but is most apparent at 80 (due to the MoP 409 gear).

For those of you who don't believe it, I have significant evidence via both screenshots and videos to prove that this is an issue. If you can somehow provide more evidence to discount everything of mine, you can assume that it is, in fact, an issue.

Seems like creative use of ingame mechanics to me. If blizzard screws up the coding that's they're problem not the players. Exploiting is such a meh word.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Okay, my mind is hurting from some of the comments in here. It's very easy to get into current raids as a level 80. There are probably videos describing it.

As for whether this kill happened or not, you'll have to believe me (check my YouTube channel out first if you want something to help you), but these kills were inevitable. The vengeance bug has been around as long as MoP, and I've personally spent quite a significant amount of time trying to understand how it works, along with gathering enough evidence to get it fixed.

For any given raiding tier, if there is a boss that melees for any amount, an 80 prot paladin can both survive long enough without vengeance, but bug enough vengeance to ignore practically all dangerous abilities, and deal millions of DPS. It can be used to a lesser extent at all levels, but is most apparent at 80 (due to the MoP 409 gear).

For those of you who don't believe it, I have significant evidence via both screenshots and videos to prove that this is an issue. If you can somehow provide more evidence to discount everything of mine, you can assume that it is, in fact, an issue.
    have you tryed it on ptr to see if its fixed there yet?

Deleted

Thanks you for posting this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    have you tryed it on ptr to see if its fixed there yet?
    It isn't. I got Sha of anger to around 58% before being mind controlled, which is better than my previous attempts on live.

It isn't. I got Sha of anger to around 58% before being mind controlled, which is better than my previous attempts on live.

Holy shit. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    lol do you know how much a fire mage can do in with one combust with all that haste?... its not fake
    Well then if it is real then it's not such a surprise why tanks are topping damage / dps charts.