Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with the encore. Picked up the SRIII Season Pass and Portal 2.

thinking of picking up borderlands 1. can any1 give me some advise on how good that game is?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 1 is a great game. It's a FPS that has elements of RPG in it. The RPG being a skill level up and gear switching system. While you can play Borderlands 2 without playing Borderlands 1, for the price of the GOTY edition, I would recommend giving it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    thinking of picking up borderlands 1. can any1 give me some advise on how good that game is?
    BL1 is a very fun game, but BL2 improved on it in a few ways and (I suspect) a lot of the playerbase has moved on to the sequel so it might be tough to find people for multiplayer using the matchup system (thought that is just speculation). They are both very funny.

Final haul for the winter sale:

Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC ---played thru and enjoyed
    The Walking Dead ---played thru and enjoyed (well enjoy is the wrong word because that game just makes you feel miserable) GOTY imo
    Super Street Fighter IV ---bought on a whim, likely a mistake, but I've played a bit so far
    Mark of The Ninja ---good fun so far, love the art style
    Tomb Raider Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld ---(I've never played more than the demo of the first Tomb Raider years and years ago but I figure these will be fun when I get around to them)
    They Bleed Pixels ---fun so far, starting to get a little hard in Chapter 3
    LA Noire Complete Edition ---haven't touched
    The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb ---haven't touched
    "Brevity is...wit"

i only got the money for the normal edition of bl1 if i buy that am i missing some important dlc also i don't play online that much with mp games so i won't miss that

10+ Year Old Account
    3 out of 4 of the BL1 DLCs were pretty good, but no...if you just buy plain BL1 you shouldn't be missing out on any gameplay or story elements.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Well thankfully I've got most of the things from the encore sale. The ones that I don't, I can wait till the spring sale, probably going to take me awhile to finish some of these games + new ones that may be coming out.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basic edition BL1 is still great. No sweat on the DLC.

Highly recommend Sleeping Dogs to people who love games such as GTA,Saints row ect. IMO the game beats the 2 i just listed with it's story and action based combat. And what's not to love about a Hong Kong setting it's on sale for another 17hrs at £10:19 you won't regret buying it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb ---haven't touched
    Fix that. It's one of the best indie titles I've played, and one of the most entertaining games I've played, period.

Go ahead and pick up Dungeons of Dredmor with its expansions for like $1.25 while you're at it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthodax View Post
    Highly recommend Sleeping Dogs to people who love games such as GTA,Saints row ect. IMO the game beats the 2 i just listed with it's story and action based combat. And what's not to love about a Hong Kong setting it's on sale for another 17hrs at £10:19 you won't regret buying it
    I can confirm that. Bought it yesterday and had a blast, the fighting system is great. The story is quite interesting too so far.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Fix that. It's one of the best indie titles I've played, and one of the most entertaining games I've played, period.

Go ahead and pick up Dungeons of Dredmor with its expansions for like $1.25 while you're at it.
    Subjective opinion is subjective. Binding of Isaac is probably the worst indie title I've ever played, and possibly the most boring game I've played, period.

Will agree with you on Dungeons of Dredmore though, I really enjoyed that. Binding of Isaac, on the other hand, actually made me regret buying the humble bundle even though the money went to charity and I love most of the other games in the bundle. I know it is one of the more popular indie titles, I just could not stand it.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Subjective opinion is subjective.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also, in case anyone was wondering, Tropico 4 is pretty cool.

Hmmm could buy Skyrim .... € 24,99 doesn't sound too bad.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is great. It's a game that if you get involved with all the sidequests you can spend easily 60 to 100 hours or more. Well worth the investment at 50% off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Subjective opinion is subjective. Binding of Isaac is probably the worst indie title I've ever played, and possibly the most boring game I've played, period.
    The only people I've found that don't like TBoI are the people that suck at it. Everyone else seems to like it.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The only people I've found that don't like TBoI are the people that suck at it. Everyone else seems to like it.
    Or people just don't like it.
    I beat mom my first run through, apparently some people take millions of tries.
    I'm not to fond of it.
    Not to mention that the game is 80% luck base. Having 0 attack or 0 health upgrade especially as Cain = you're dead.

If I want a 'hard' game, I'd want a game that has barely any luck involved. Games like Touhou or Rhythm type games are more of my thing, alas it is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    I can confirm that. Bought it yesterday and had a blast, the fighting system is great. The story is quite interesting too so far.
    Yep, its quit generic as other GTA games. Just alot of missions 24/7, but the combat is decent, and story so far is kinda cool. Wouldent pay more than 15-20$ trough, so good the offer come up for 66% off
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Or people just don't like it.
    I beat mom my first run through, apparently some people take millions of tries.
    I'm not to fond of it.
    Not to mention that the game is 80% luck base. Having 0 attack or 0 health upgrade especially as Cain = you're dead.

If I want a 'hard' game, I'd want a game that has barely any luck involved. Games like Touhou or Rhythm type games are more of my thing, alas it is just my opinion.
    Well, that's the Rogue elements to it. Permanent death, completely random item and monster placement, etc. Part of being good at Roguelikes is learning to downplay the bad luck and play up the good luck. You can easily beat the game with 0 items or power-ups, it just takes practice and patience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also, in case anyone was wondering, Tropico 4 is pretty cool.
    Yeah, wanted to buy tropico 4 (played it on a *cough*pirate*cough* before) but kalipso's dlc model is kinda... wrong, most DLC's are just 1 building that does little to nothing, it seemed like just an upgrade from Tropico3. If you have Tropico4 get Modern Times DLC, from what i've heard it's the only worthwhile DLC.

I would've bought it if I had money left after buying Batman: Arkham City <F U Windows Live Games>