Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    What suprises me the most are France and Britain.
    My country on 15th place, could be worse But how are we behind the Netherlands? Oh yeah.. No drugs :/
    Because of the freaking roads! It is THE way to notice when you pass the border!

Edit: What I really think is interesting is that China only scores a 5.99. It is not completely unexpected, but you would expect more from one of the richest countries with one of the biggest economies in the world. Same applies to India (5.67) really.. It seems it is hard to bring their economic wealth towards the people who live there.
    Last edited by Ethes; 2013-01-06 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Kuwait beat out the UK wtf?
    Kuwait is the most developed Arabian nation by far. There's nothing odd about it. That is, if you don't start off with thinking the UK is much better to live in than say Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Edit: What I really think is interesting is that China only scores a 5.99. It is not completely unexpected, but you would expect more from one of the richest countries with one of the biggest economies in the world. Same applies to India (5.67) really.. It seems it is hard to bring their economic wealth towards the people who live there.
    They're not wealthy when you look at it per capita. They have a shit ton of people, it's no surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting post

Not surprised to see scandinavian countries at the top.

Kazakthan 74th best country in the world. All lesser countries are run by little girls.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well, that right there would toss us out of the top 50.
    Not really. You have mountains for skiing and wildlife. Denmark does not :/

this list is biased towards the french O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this list is biased towards the french O-O
    Are you from Britain? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    They're not wealthy when you look at it per capita. They have a shit ton of people, it's no surprise.
    I'm not suprised, but I think it is interesting these countries not get the money they're making to their people. Specially since these are countries with a collective society (meaning they're all for improving the group as a whole instead of the western competitive, every-man-for-himself style. I'm sure they could've devided their wealth better and end up much higher on the list than they currently do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Now if only scandinavian countries and Switzerland had same tempetures as Australia.
    No way dude, our Arctic temperatures is what makes the Nordic countries the best!

Still, dude, Russia at 72nd place? I'll be damned.

Deleted
    Not surprised to see Australia on top 2, it's not top 1 because of the bugs, right?

Anyway, I kinda agree with a few on the list and I'm kinda surprised to see Portugal on rank 30, but I guess it's kinda true compared to many countries.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Still, dude, Russia at 72nd place? I'll be damned.
    I have no idea but I'd say it's on that rank because of the huge cold that country has. :/

I wouldn't admire if it was because of that but I honestly have no idea.

Dude, 'Merica. We got it going on!

Deleted
    Would love to go to Australia, if I didnt have this extreme arachnophobia :c

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I'm not suprised, but I think it is interesting these countries not get the money they're making to their people. Specially since these are countries with a collective society (meaning they're all for improving the group as a whole instead of the western competitive, every-man-for-himself style. I'm sure they could've devided their wealth better and end up much higher on the list than they currently do.
    The thing is, you have cities like Beijing and Hong Kong where people live relatively good (although there are still parts of such cities where people live awfully bad for awfully low amounts of money) and then on the other hand you have villages where people live, well, not much better than how people in Africa live.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    What suprises me the most are France and Britain.
    My country on 15th place, could be worse But how are we behind the Netherlands? Oh yeah.. No drugs :/
    People in the US still don't know where or heck even what Belgium is, but at least we beat them!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care what they based this on. America is still #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Good for you. Now we just need to let all the other citizens of all the other countries claim their country is number 1 and then we can get back to using actual facts instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Why not? It's a perfectly fine place. I sure as hell would live in it rather than South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Ireland, Austria, Chile, Kuwait, or Israel.
    Not sure why you wouldn't want to live in Austria rather than in the UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    Not sure why you wouldn't want to live in Austria rather than in the UK.
    heat > cold

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    heat > cold
    The term you're looking for is mild.

Using 'happiness' as a scale where some countries have a cool-to-be-unhappy lifestyle (england, scotland as mentioned) is obviously going to put those countries lower.

I'm trying to find out what the point of the list is though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    And the American Dream is still living, and Russia is still a super power that wants to wipe out America and everyone admires America and... wait, is this 1980 or 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The thing is, you have cities like Beijing and Hong Kong where people live relatively good (although there are still parts of such cities where people live awfully bad for awfully low amounts of money) and then on the other hand you have villages where people live, well, not much better than how people in Africa live.
    I am aware of all this. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it is kinda strange that countries with such powerful economies can't even get their citizens to get decent lives and I feel that their money isn't going towards the collective thinking these countries claim to have.

A missed opportunity so to say