Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    This just in, you can in fact now tell which guns are bad and which are good!!!

According to recent reports, all bad guns are in fact ASSAULT RIFLES. This term can be used to describe any gun at all, regardless of its actual type. Any gun that is bad is an assault rifle and should be describedas such from now on. Which guns are actually bad are of course up to the discretion of the individual describing it, and what their particular goals are for current gun control legislation. Just know this, any bad gun is an assault rifle and ASSAULT RIFLES ARE BAD MKAY!
    So basically, if something looks scary then i should refer to it as an assault rifle? Gotcha. Next time i'm knocking out some hunny-do's and ask my wife to get the hammer i will instead refer to it as an assault rifle. I mean, heck, hammers DO kill more people each year.

Crap...bad plan. What if she actually brings my AR instead of my hammer? Back to the drawing board on this newfangled jargon speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    So basically, if something looks scary then i should refer to it as an assault rifle? Gotcha. Next time i'm knocking out some hunny-do's and ask my wife to get the hammer i will instead refer to it as an assault rifle. I mean, heck, hammers DO kill more people each year.

Crap...bad plan. What if she actually brings my AR instead of my hammer? Back to the drawing board on this newfangled jargon speak.
    http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/off...rtable_08.html

????
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Wow, some people.

Proper training should include the ability to show restraint. A guy opens a closet and sees a gun an inch from his face, he is unlikely to do a whole lot but surrender. Shooting the guy five fucking times is not only unnecessary, but shows a distinct lack of respect for both the weapon and the sanctity of life in general.
    One might argue that he abandoned his respect for the "sanctity of life" when he forced his way in and tracked them down to the closet they were hiding in.

Unless, of course, he was really looking for the pantry for that cup of sugar he needed for the creme brulee he was making. (No doubt for the neighborhood bake sale considering he was such an upstanding citizen.)

Wow, some people.

Deleted
    Maybe you lucked out and got all "good" guns and none of the "bad" ones.

You know, it's those dadgummed bad guns that are doing all the killing....

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 04:36 PM ----------

From the results, it seems she did have the training to use it.

Are you suggesting that anyone that owns a gun should also be trained on how to hold someone hostage / prisoner? I think we are making some progress in determining who the loon is. Happy times!
    Better than shooting to kill everytime someone scares you. Training should include many different things, not just how to shoot.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-01-06 at 04:53 PM.

Last time i checked, 611 > 348.

Am i missing something? Or are you?

Deleted
    One might argue that he abandoned his respect for the "sanctity of life" when he forced his way in and tracked them down to the closet they were hiding in.

Unless, of course, he was really looking for the pantry for that cup of sugar he needed for the creme brulee he was making. (No doubt for the neighborhood bake sale considering he was such an upstanding citizen.)

Wow, some people.
    He was a thief looking for things to steal, closets are a pretty good place to put things you do not want stolen. What makes you think he tracked them down?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not guns, assualt rifles, a very specific type of gun.

My post was entirely sarcastic, these days the media calls anything and everything an assualt rifle, regardless of what kind of gun it is, everything is a freakin assault rifle.

I mean cmon they cant stop talking about the AR15 the kid used as a military style assault rifle, which it isn't. Then you get the feel goods who want to ban assault rifles because they heard on the news that one guy used one....when he didn't but nevermind that, we'll just go on passing irrelevant laws to stiffen up our illusion of safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account

Wow, some people.
    They'd be wrong. So, so goddamn demonstrably wrong.

But suppose he did, are we immediately to abandon any moral fortitude the moment it becomes inconvenient? When one man chooses to be a criminal, the only way we can stop him is to sink to his level and kill him? Pathetic. While I can't hate this woman, I can hate what she did.

Last time i checked, 611 > 348.

Am i missing something? Or are you?
    My apologies, it is late here and I am apparently losing my ability to comprehend numbers. Perhaps a sign I should go to sleep.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Better than shooting to kill everytime someone cares you. Training should include many different things, not just how to shoot.
    You mean cares about me? Aww, that's so sweet. Alternatively, if you meant scares, did you also mean when someone forcibly enters your home and tracks you and your small children to the closet you are hiding in with God-knows-what intentions? Surely the woman overreacted and should have just asked him nicely to leave. (Apparently he did not get the point that he was not welcome when he had to force his way in.) But he's not dead yet...so you should be happy!

Confirmed who the clown is by the way.

Seems like the States have very lax rules surrounding the mental health of those who buy firearms. The more you hear about these shootings, the more it appears these could have been prevented if someone had the decency to ask the question "Should someone this mentally deranged have a gun?" and then answer it with "No."

Then they defend this by saying that they'll simply get the gun in another way, such as through illegal means or gun shows, which, they forget, is a law enforcement issue and should be treated as such (including better-policed gun shows and monitoring of gun trafficking.) Then they say that the gun is merely a tool and that people kill each other. While this is true, I would be hard-pressed to kill thirty people in the space of a minute with a knife (although that would be revealing my true identity as a ninja) because of my mental derangement and instability. I might be able to get two or even three before people tackled me to the ground. They would then fall back to the argument that their right to bear arms is protected by some arcane writing they can't quote off the top of their heads, including the part that lets Congress collect income taxes (but I guess that doesn't count since it showed up later on. Why have a constitution at all when you can pick and choose your own "liberty" build-a-bear style?)

I have a solution that will make everyone happy: let everyone in the States shoot each other into extinction (since that's what they want) and the rest of us can continue with moving the world forward into the next century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    They'd be wrong. So, so goddamn demonstrably wrong.

But suppose he did, are we immediately to abandon any moral fortitude the moment it becomes inconvenient? When one man chooses to be a criminal, the only way we can stop him is to sink to his level and kill him? Pathetic. While I can't hate this woman, I can hate what she did.

While so many folks outside the US have a hard time understanding why we value our right to own firearms, what you need to understand is that many of us in the US have an equally hard time understanding how those of you from other places can so easily dismiss the value of home security and the sanctity of private ownership and just the overall private life of the average citizen. Regardless of your personal 'feeling' about our social standards you have to understand that we do in fact feel this way. It isn't as if the rest of the people here don't understand this, when you enter another persons home here you do so with the understanding that you very well might get shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    You mean cares about me? Aww, that's so sweet. Alternatively, if you meant scares, did you also mean when someone forcibly enters your home and tracks you and your small children to the closet you are hiding in with God-knows-what intentions? Surely the woman overreacted and should have just asked him nicely to leave. (Apparently he did not get the point that he was not welcome when he had to force his way in.) But he's not dead yet...so you should be happy!

Confirmed who the clown is by the way.
    When did he track her down? He was a thief looking for things to steal. Stop making assumptions and stick to the facts.

Fact number 1: He was a Burglar, Burglars break in to steal things.

Fact number 2: The woman hid in a place most burglars would look when looking to steal, In a closet.

Fact number 3: The woman opened fire immediately upon being discovered, giving the thief no chance to surrender.

Deleted
    Warning: Let's stop with the insults and post in a civil way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Under Georgia's State Laws her using deadly force was justified. Doesn't matter if she used 1 round or 5 rounds.

He was a thief looking for things to steal, closets are a pretty good place to put things you do not want stolen. What makes you think he tracked them down?
    Are you really that ______________? LOL. I'm sure you could make a fabulous career in law enforcement considering you can tell what criminals are / were after without even meeting them!

Note: I am assuming you have never met, interrogated, or exchanged pictures with the criminal in question. Also assuming there will be no conjugal visits, though i could be wrong on both counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    While so many folks outside the US have a hard time understanding why we value our right to own firearms, what you need to understand is that many of us in the US have an equally hard time understanding how those of you from other places can so easily dismiss the value of home security and the sanctity of private ownership and just the overall private life of the average citizen. Regardless of your personal 'feeling' about our social standards you have to understand that we do in fact feel this way. It isn't as if the rest of the people here don't understand this, when you enter another persons home here you do so with the understanding that you very well might get shot.
    I can respect that, although I can't admit to fully understanding it. Either way, such cultural differences arn't likely to be concluded over a WoW internet board.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

When did he track her down? He was a thief looking for things to steal. Stop making assumptions and stick to the facts.

Fact number 1: He was a Burglar, Burglars break in to steal things.

Fact number 2: The woman hid in a place most burglars would look when looking to steal, In a closet.

Fact number 3: The woman opened fire immediately upon being discovered, giving the thief no chance to surrender.
    Mind verifying these "facts"? Or just letting me know where you got them? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Al3sinth View Post
    ~ http://www.ryot.org/sonny-archuleta-...violence/46394

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the firearm he had was illegally obtained.
    Which was easy for him to do because America has like 200 million in homes across the country for criminals and the mentally ill to get their hands on...

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't screen the forums, I admit..... And I am a passionate supporter of gun control.... However, even I have to ask.. Why do we have a thread about this, when at the same day a similar incident with similar results on casualties happened in Switzerland, and not a word about it is mentioned?

If I was to open a thread, then I'd started it pointing to both tragedies..
    Just my 2 cents. I mean criticism against the US weapon situation is very valid. But in all fairness...
    Here's the other link:
    http://www.france24.com/en/20130104-...alps-shootings

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFurry View Post
    I suspect you would if the fire extinguisher killed a member of your family.
    Fire Extinguishers dont kill people, People kill People.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.