Thread: New heirlooms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New heirlooms

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...loom85Cost.jpg
    It just bobbles my mind, why the hell they didnt just update the current heirlooms to last from 1-85? Instead now you pay 2175 jp just to get a 5 level point upgrade to your current heirloom geras. Really really stupid. Ofc it's good they update them, but 2175 jp for 5 lvls? so stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw that. Oh well. So much for heirlooms in 5.2. I'm not going to bother to farm up the JP. Not at the insanely slow rate you get it in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...loom85Cost.jpg
    It just bobbles my mind, why the hell they didnt just update the current heirlooms to last from 1-85? Instead now you pay 2175 jp just to get a 5 level point upgrade to your current heirloom geras. Really really stupid. Ofc it's good they update them, but 2175 jp for 5 lvls? so stupid.
    You don't have to do it.. Not like leveling from 1 to 90 is hard anyways.

I'm not even going to bother with them. It seemed nice initially, but to have to farm JP just to get the 1-80 version and THEN on top of that have to get the same amount of JP and turn that + the 1-80 version in to get the 1-85 version is just stupid. I'll tough it out with what I have for the remaining characters (and at this rate I'll finish all my characters in a few months anyways).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    You don't have to do it.. Not like leveling from 1 to 90 is hard anyways.
    I dont know if u realise, but it's common knowledge it isnt hard. It is time-consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if u realise, but it's common knowledge it isnt hard. It is time-consuming.
    80 to 85 is anything except time-consuming
    1 to 80 may be, but your existing heirlooms cover it. 85-90 is sure a pain, but your heirlooms won't help anyway - a lvl 85 req BOE weapon will give you far more punch.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes longer to farm the JP for the upgraded heirlooms than it takes to level from 80 to 85.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you OP. I'm frustrated by this, mainly because I can't wrap my mind around spending just as much JP for 5 levels of extra heirloom use. But 5 levels really aren't that hard either....so whatever haha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    80 to 85 is anything except time-consuming
    Depends on many things. For example if u have a job, family etc. it can be very time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on many things. For example if u have a job, family etc. it can be very time consuming.
    Sure thing, but compared to 1-80 or 85-90, it's not. If you can handle 1-80, 80-85 is just a minor annoyance (unlike 85-90 - and especially 88-90 which are a major pain in the booty).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Sure thing, but compared to 1-80 or 85-90, it's not. If you can handle 1-80, 80-85 is just a minor annoyance (unlike 85-90 - and especially 88-90 which are a major pain in the booty).
    Sorry I meant that 1-90 as a whole is time consuming and they could just upgrade the current heirlooms to include 80-85 also, or the update cost being somthing like 500jp, not 2175.

hate it that they make new ones instead of upgrading the old ones. now i have to spent a shitload of justice AGAIN !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be busting my behind to upgrade every single heirloom piece I have seeing I have every possible piece that is in game right now in my stock on my guild bank alt.......and a few dupes due to what classes I was running at the time frame...

Deleted
    They should have upgraded the old ones, not have to pay again.. not that I'll ever level another low level anyway but still. It's retarded.

Deleted
    If they added another 5% xp it would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    If they added another 5% xp it would be worth it.
    Nope that even isn't enough for me to upgrade what I have now.....when you can fully outfit from double trinkets to pants on 3+ different classes its way too much work all at the same time frame....

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 11 of my characters are level 85-90 already, so I laughed pretty hard when I read they expect you to spend as much JP per piece to increase the level from 80 to 85 as it cost to buy the original 1-80 piece in the first place.

What a waste of development time.

Deleted
    with the extreme nerf of xp needed between 80-85, will anyone even buy these? it takes a few hours to go from 80 to 85 nowadays anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    All 11 of my characters are level 85-90 already, so I laughed pretty hard when I read they expect you to spend as much JP per piece to increase the level from 80 to 85 as it cost to buy the original 1-80 piece in the first place.

What a waste of development time.
    Too bad those dev's didn't spend that time more on figuring out how to allow us what they promised 3+ years back to be able to use those heirloom on other realms without having to pay real money to transfer a toon with heirlooms in its bags.....now that would of been worth the time then this mess...

This isn't one of those additions to the game that makes me think WoW is more awesome. It makes me think WoW is more tedious.

As a practical matter, JP farming is slooooooow now. It probably takes longer to get the upgrade than it did to farm a heirloom back in Wrath.