Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really, who cares. There have always been people trying to do stuff at a low level, they didn't solo crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Linking this on behalf of Faruz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUIY_jxkwU
    This is moronic. I seriously hope this is hotfixed soon.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It isn't working as intended, at all.
    Idiotic amounts of stats on MOP gear scaling hugely when equipped at a lower level sounds like stat scaling work correctly, the issue is that gear shouldn't be usable by such low level characters.

Like I said - this shouldn't be a situation that was either allowed to happen, nor should blizzard let it continue. But calling it an exploit is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Linking this on behalf of Faruz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMUIY_jxkwU

puting on first page aswell.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    all blizz has to do is reinstate the lvl requirement for current xpac raids and its problem solved who cares if any ones face rolling trivial raids from past xpacs? pritty sure lvl 90s will never see 70% mastery so they wont benafite from it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Idiotic amounts of stats on MOP gear scaling hugely when equipped at a lower level sounds like stat scaling work correctly, the issue is that gear shouldn't be usable by such low level characters.

Like I said - this shouldn't be a situation that was either allowed to happen, nor should blizzard let it continue. But calling it an exploit is stupid.
    Let's keep intercalating post with "it's not an exploit, it's rating out of hand" with "it's an exploit, here is the explanation". My turn, getting % damage reduction capped making vengeance multiplicate itself to surreal values it's an exploit. Next one, please.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-01-06 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

The amount of stats isn't the issue here at all. That isn't the problem, at all. 100 Million vengeance resulting in a client-server lag bug is the problem. I could have 1000% mastery and it wouldn't change that at all (all the mastery does is reduce my damage taken). What you're showing me is that there's an issue understanding what the problem is here.

Boss melees you for X. You cast the Shield of the Righteous at exactly the same time, so the server ends up thinking you took the initial hit (say...100k) after 99% damage reduction. This makes the vengeance you get skyrocket. And that, is the problem. It has nothing to do with stats, reductions, avoidances, haste, spirit, strength, ANYTHING. It's a fault in how vengeance is calculated, which means it works at 90 as well. The only reason 80s have noticed it is because we can get the required numbers to make a noticable difference (100x not 2x, or 4x for example).

Please, don't talk when you have no clue. It's just not something you can guess, it took three months to work out what was going on here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Wow...the amount of QQ in this thread...ridiculous.

I'm in a level 80, 84, and 85 twink guild. Several of our level 80s have been regularly clearing level 85 content. It wasn't until yesterday or so that they realized they could get into level 90 content. I think they're setting up to try it, albeit with a full raid (or close to it) soon. Why does this bust your balls? They can't use the gear at all. They're having...dare I say it...FUN. I'm sure enough special snowflakes will QQ to Blizzard about it, and they'll patch it in so that you have to be 90 to get in. Congrats, you just killed the fun for a lot of people. Hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    What realm? EU/NA?

I'm in a level 80, 84, and 85 twink guild. Several of our level 80s have been regularly clearing level 85 content. It wasn't until yesterday or so that they realized they could get into level 90 content. I think they're setting up to try it, albeit with a full raid (or close to it) soon. Why does this bust your balls? They can't use the gear at all. They're having...dare I say it...FUN. I'm sure enough special snowflakes will QQ to Blizzard about it, and they'll patch it in so that you have to be 90 to get in. Congrats, you just killed the fun for a lot of people. Hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    For one, it'd basically only affect paladin tanks at that level, all other lvl 80 twinks would be unaffected and could continue on their merry way attempting 90 stuff. Don't overreact. Two, I'm confused why, if the only way they could possibly do it is having their tank get multiple millions of AP from a bug, the rest of the raid feels any importance to the group or sense of enjoyment from downing those bosses. "Yay! we kept the tank alive long enough for him to kill everything for us!"
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-01-06 at 06:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    For one, it'd basically only affect paladin tanks at that level, all other lvl 80 twinks would be unaffected and could continue on their merry way attempting 90 stuff. Don't overreact. Two, I'm confused why, if the only way they could possibly do it is having their tank get multiple millions of AP from a bug, the rest of the raid feels any importance to the group or sense of enjoyment from downing those bosses. "Yay! we kept the tank alive long enough for him to kill everything for us!"
    no, take 2 min and read what splosion wrote.

You're gonna get banned. Don't do it. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but that's an exploit, and when Blizz goes over the logs and sees what happened, you'll all find yourselves with WoW accounts. If you value your accounts, stay away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    no, take 2 min and read what splosion wrote.
    I'm perfectly aware of how the bug works, thank you.

It's almost completely irrelevant for other tanks, because the only %Damage reduction abilities we have available are our defensive cooldowns. For the rest of us, the best we can get is ~60% DR (my personal best without a DK to symbiosis), or upwards of 70-80% with stuff like army. That's only multiplying vengeance by ~2.5-5x, and only for ONE attack. Considering you need to double it at least to see any noticeable benefit (normal vengeance floor is half the expected vengeance), that's basically nothing. Non-twinked paladins are not going to get much higher, either.

Brewmasters could do quite well with it, combining zen meditation with diffuse magic and fort. brew (glyphed for maximum benefit) for 99.25% damage reduction against magic. That's 133x vengeance, which is noticeable. Difficult to time and uses every CD they have available, but worth it if they can find a good magic attack. An easily telegraphed one would actually be a stone guard overload, they should be able to get ~3-4M vengeance from that with good timing.

But really, the only characters that can reliably get their damage reduction high enough for this to matter are prot pally twinks. Possibly brewmasters as well. I would love to see that actually, it would definitely bring publicity to this (because that's not reliant on level or gearing and would be much simpler for guilds to pull off for progression... even if it's still awkward to try to do).
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-01-06 at 06:28 PM.

Deleted
    Nothing good will come from this. Expect a vengeance cap again, and maybe Prot Paladins getting screwed over if they can't fix the issue. Blizzard never fix the main issues (lower levels entering high level raids) and instead nerf everything else. So GG to the idiots posting these videos on Youtube, keep on ruining everyone elses fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I'm perfectly aware of how the bug works, thank you.

It's almost completely irrelevant for other tanks, because the only %Damage reduction abilities we have available are our defensive cooldowns. For the rest of us, the best we can get is ~60% DR (my personal best without a DK to symbiosis), or upwards of 70-80% with stuff like army. That's only multiplying vengeance by ~2.5-5x, and only for ONE attack. Considering you need to double it at least to see any noticeable benefit (normal vengeance floor is half the expected vengeance), that's basically nothing. Non-twinked paladins are not going to get much higher, either.

Brewmasters could do quite well with it, combining zen meditation with diffuse magic and fort. brew (glyphed for maximum benefit) for 99.25% damage reduction against magic. That's 133x vengeance, which is noticeable. Difficult to time and uses every CD they have available, but worth it if they can find a good magic attack. An easily telegraphed one would actually be a stone guard overload, they should be able to get ~3-4M vengeance from that with good timing.

But really, the only characters that can reliably get their damage reduction high enough for this to matter are prot pally twinks. Possibly brewmasters as well. I would love to see that actually, it would definitely bring publicity to this (because that's not reliant on level or gearing and would be much simpler for guilds to pull off for progression... even if it's still awkward to try to do).

you see the biggest change in paladins @ 80 but can be done by ant tank class @ any level

Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    you see the biggest change in paladins @ 80 but can be done by ant tank class @ any level
    But they never would, because that would be a massive waste of defensive CDs.

Any tank benefiting from this bug in 90 raids is more likely to go "&#%*, mistimed my CD" than "Yay! more vengeance!", because, well, you have to not affect the attack with the CD. Usually using defensive CDs means you want to reduce damage.

for a lvl 80 tank to finish the fight alone in 5 min and 18 sec? Havent really timed my guild on it but isnt that usually the duration of a boss with 10 90's?
    Bane

That is insane, and impressive.

as it is atm lvl 80 pally tanks should be able to sucessfully tank lvl 90 heroic content while dealing more dps than anyone else.
    lets wait for sha of fear heroic kill with 3 80 pally tanks
    no action required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake. The items would be completely red in the loot box. Photo is photoshopped.