Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Damn. I've always thought that i have wild imagination but i must say that i've never really invented my "own lore". Now i envy you all.

Must start thinking something for draneis...

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Or they, and high/blood elves, simply have extremely low fertility rates like most other long-lived species do in fantasy settings.
    But this doesn't explain the angry, constipated look of all NE males but not females! Also if they had low fertility rates in a world as violent as Azeroth they'd be extinct regardless of being immune to natural death. Although I suppose Alexstraza may have forseen their excessive procreation and cursed them... which may result in constipation in men, or maybe prostate problems that keep them up all night, making them extra cranky.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They do it actually. And not to mention with other races too. Half-Night Elf.

I mean what would be the point if they didn't do it with their own race let alone with some other race.
    I didn't say they never do it, just almost never. Also my comments are entirely silly. NE males may have to go do it with other races in order to get any, despite their racial superiority issues. When you gots to have some, perhaps even a troll will do.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Calia is undead right now and someday will take Lordaeron back from Sylvanas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deep down Garrosh Hellscream knows what he is doing is wrong and is afraid of what the Orcs may think of him if he does not act like Grom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That's a good point about ranger-generals wearing cobalt. I buy it.

I personally think that Lady Liadrin will be the wielder of Quel'Delar, since a) the BE version of that quest was unique and fist-pumping, b) Liadrin never had a weapon in TBC (and will thus need one), and c) Halduron wields Thori'dal. Giving Thalassian heroes the legendary Thalassian weapons seems appropriate.
    I like the idea that the "Weilder of Quel'dalar" gives the sword to Liadrin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Wisps are night elf spirits who chose to remain and help the living night elves, but in turn they forgat much of what they knew. I base this on the fact that wisps are mostly used to extract wood and stuff but night elves rarely talk with them, and when they do, it's mostly about the current state of their surrounding world, or something similar.

Dryads make themselves look stupid by telling dumb jokes to take away from the pressure of the battle from actual fighters. Because it makes people think "that joke was horrible" instead of thinking of the horrors of war for a period. I base this on the fact that the dryads who make most jokes are in regions with worst wars while dryads in regions that are less dangerous make very few jokes, if any.

Dryads don't give birth, they either cut parts of their limbs and from said part a new dryad/keeper grows or lay seeds. I base this on the fact that Cenarius was first. And he was alone. And he was a male, yet he birthed.
    Similar to this, the Therazane's daughter and Zaetar didn't actually "do it", but rather he either layed a seed or cut a part of him and she affected the seed/branch with earth from her body.

Night elves are not prudes and they don't mind others seeing them "do it". I base this on the fact that most of their buildings have no doors or are missing entire walls. It is obvious that if they are "doing it", if someone would be outside they couldn't stop said person from seeing it.

Night elves have a high tolerance to cold and warmth. I base this on the fact that many night elves in Winterspring are dressed in sleveless shirts or similar stuff. And in Silithus, many wear furs when it's a hot desert.
    The dryad one is awesome; Now I keep thinking of that Dryad that gave the Bloodvenom watch quests. That whole slime thing was creepy, but she was just so peppy XD.

I agree with the exhibitionist nelves. They really don't like walls, but it must be beautiful to sleep (or, y'know...) looking at the clear waters of the pools in Darnassus.

Related to the nelves; I too thnk they don't have a very high fertility rate, but not really low either. The lack of overpopulation is mostly due to the segregation of males to the emmerald dream. As well, since the destruction of Nordrassil and the lost of immortality, the night elves have started to "doing it more" and looking for remedies to increase their fertility.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    That Calia is undead right now and someday will take Lordaeron back from Sylvanas.
    Calia retaking Lordaeron is more of a theory than a headcanon.

Personally I prefer to think that she is alive, somewhere, living her life peacefully. If she was indeed undead, why she hasn't appeared? I think the forsaken wouldn't be too thrilled to see her out of the blue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Susanoo View Post
    Deep down Garrosh Hellscream knows what he is doing is wrong and is afraid of what the Orcs may think of him if he does not act like Grom.
    So, we blame the peer-pressure? imo, sounds plausible, he got a peptalk even though his father was also a dickhead by drinking fel blood.

The Earthen Ring did in fact leave Deepholm after the world pillar was repaired, however once sealing the rift and Deathwing was destroyed they set up a base of operations on the edge of the Maelstrom where they would continue to monitor the rift and Deepholm, as well as watch the Naga in case they attempt to use Neptulon's powers against the denizens of Azeroth.

Thrall and Varian bonded over gladiator stories.

First Mate Moody eventually succumbs to his wounds and crashes the Llane's Oath Alliance Gunship in Deepholm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    So, we blame the peer-pressure? imo, sounds plausible, he got a peptalk even though his father was also a dickhead by drinking fel blood.
    I think that Garrosh's desire to live up to Grom's glorious deeds is a huge chunk of what threw him over the edge.

More on frisky nelves: the sentinels take an approach to sexuality much similar to the ancient spartans and other greeks, inverted obviously since they are women. (mentor/protege romantic relationships, love between to woman being more pure) Tyrande's was not Shandris companion though, but Naisha was Maiev's

About Naisha and Maiev; it was the first's death what threw Maiev over the edge and left her only with her vengeance.

Unlike lesbianism on the sentinels and wardens, relationships between two males are frowned upon by druids; they see it as "unbecoming" to succumb to "carnal desires".(Trysts with females aren't frowned upon, since they happen only when the druids leave the dream, and serves a biological imperative) This is in part due to the creation of the worgen from the druids that practiced the form of the pack and lost themselves in their animal form. Druids believe that any sort of strong emotion could push them too close to their animal side and loose control, mostly in youth, though.

(I love nelves, their story, their aesthetics; but for the life of me, those models are just so crappy and can't roll one)

Quote Originally Posted by Qprahwndfury View Post
    First Mate Moody eventually succumbs to his wounds and crashes the Llane's Oath Alliance Gunship in Deepholm.
    ... right into the World Pillar, shattering it and reopening the rift. Therazane gets pissed at the mortals and shakes the earth every time one of them tries to balance anything. All subterranean waste disposal gets shifted into the capital cities. Resulting tidal waves destroy most of Zandalari civilization and save us all from more troll dungeons and looking at more hideous pontoon feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Sunwell was merely a setback, and Kael was healed of his corruption by the reactivated Sunwell.

I can hope, can't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

I'm still pushing for Jaina and Thrall. Those two crazy mixed up kids deserve a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Night elves are not prudes and they don't mind others seeing them "do it". I base this on the fact that most of their buildings have no doors or are missing entire walls. It is obvious that if they are "doing it", if someone would be outside they couldn't stop said person from seeing it.
    Night Elves have privacy screens in many of their buildings, so that kinda dashes that notion.

My Lore Headcanons:

Night Elves are an almost entirely fit race, having thousands of years to sculpt and maintain their bodies to a degree of near perfection.

Night Elves are not promiscuous, despite the player interaction side, most lore figures remain steadfastly loyal to their significant others over millennia and even through death. Night Elves pair for life, and beyond but do so knowing they have or had time to find their perfect soulmate.

I imagine Night Elven music being very similar to styles from Asia, namely a mix of Middle Eastern, South Asian and Tibetan styles, however their vocal style is very much Celtic (drawn from the themes most Night Elf music themes Blizzard has made for them)

Night Elves skin tone varies based on exposure to sunlight. Darker skin tones, imo, indicate more exposure to the sun while fairer tones are more nocturnal. Some regional distinctions may also exist however skin tone and colour alone has never been a measure of any elf's worth.

Night Elves (and Blood Elves) take trophies from those they kill in battle, it's just downplayed. Scalps, ears, fingers, heads are all fair game.

Night Elf script is a flowing alphabet written from right to left.

Night Elf fighting style is based around agility and strength, dodging and parrying attacks with force and counter attacking viciously when advantage and opportunity is in your favour. As a result they opt for light armour that provides them maximum mobility to dodge, vault and strike with speed. Moonglaives are used as real world parrying shields are used, with a mix of offensive and defensive capabilities, while standard swords, polearms, maces, and daggers are commonly used in their own technical ways. Heavy armour was nearly useless and Elven metallurgy created blades which could cleave through the strongest of plate armours with ease; only exposed sentries bother using it at all.

Silk is the most common material of night elven civilian clothing. Clothing is colourful and can be scant or overbearing depending on the seasonal and regional style.

Perfume, personal hygiene and cleanliness are of particular importance in Kal'dorei society. I imagine Darnassus being a city of pleasant scents, from fresh flowers, to enticing incense.

Dance and music are an important part of Night Elf culture.

Night Elves acclimate fast to extremes in temperature, hot or cold. Medicine is almost entirely a mix of natural remedies and healing magics. It's rather effective for most ailments.

Night Elven society values science, philosophy and the pursuit of knowledge but due to the nature of the world they live in, and their past experiences, they are overly cautious of applying such things to expand their horizons. As a result they are not a very technological race, though they have no problem using, crafting and fixing machinery.

Thalassian and Darnassian are effectively the same language but with dialectual nuances. Blood Elves see Darnassian as an "old fashioned and archaic" way of speaking the language, while Night Elves see a lot of "made up" jargon in Thalassian, just as Iranian Persian and Afghan Persian vary in the real world.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-01-07 at 02:00 AM.

My Lore Headcannons:

Aegwynn has the title for the strongest mortal to ever live, counting of course that Azshara no longer counts as a mortal as she ascended to immortality when she was consumed by the power of the well and the old gods.

Highborne Mages are some of the strongest mages in existence, stronger even than some of those at the Kirin Tor, their way of controlling the arcane is much different to modern mages, as they have had no discipline in training, as such they control heat, cold and the sheer force of the arcane by will instead of carefully planned and executed spells.

Using magic, arcane or otherwise, puts a constant strain in the body muscles, which explains why all mages are fit, and causes mental fatigue, when "mana" runs out, the caster is on the brink of passing out.

Spells from Shadow Priests affect the mind of the target, causing it to become dazed, temporarily losing their senses or making them feel something they dont, their consciousness and eventually falling into coma or dying.
    Shadow Spells from Warlocks affect both the mind and the body of the target, twisting both their thoughts and their bodies slowly tearing their skin apart as if invisible shadow demons were atacking it.

In all seriousness when it comes to the relations of long lived races I expect that many of them pair for long periods, but have a natural understanding that they may grow apart and accept this. After all when you're going to live for hundreds of years there's a much slower biological clock in play. When your children are grown you will still be plenty young. The social convention of lifelong pairing has less utility to the society. Indeed couples may break up and get back together many times as a matter of course. This could make family trees very interesting. While there is certainly drama it is probably more subdued by the sheer lack of anxiety in relation to time. Imagine a Woody Allen flick with every one on valium.

I believe that while we're busy in Pandaria, the Maelstrom is being wracked with nigh on another Cataclysm bringing about the rebirth of the well of eternity and with it N'zoth, Azshara and her sunken city.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

i like to think that chen stormstout is immortal probably because of some magic brew he either found on his travels or made himself O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I believe that Malfurion can hide his horns when he feels like it.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mr Smite is out there building a fleet. He will be Admiral Smite, terror of the oceans.

Anduin Wrynn plays with dolls.

Tauren meat is the best quality meat in Azeroth but it is banned. It is worth around 200g per kilo on the black market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    In all seriousness when it comes to the relations of long lived races I expect that many of them pair for long periods, but have a natural understanding that they may grow apart and accept this. After all when you're going to live for hundreds of years there's a much slower biological clock in play. When your children are grown you will still be plenty young. The social convention of lifelong pairing has less utility to the society. Indeed couples may break up and get back together many times as a matter of course. This could make family trees very interesting. While there is certainly drama it is probably more subdued by the sheer lack of anxiety in relation to time. Imagine a Woody Allen flick with every one on valium.
    This is one of my favorites for the comparison XD

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Highborne Mages are some of the strongest mages in existence, stronger even than some of those at the Kirin Tor, their way of controlling the arcane is much different to modern mages, as they have had no discipline in training, as such they control heat, cold and the sheer force of the arcane by will instead of carefully planned and executed spells.
    Mine is kinda the opposite; I think that highborne, and thalassian elves, are much more technical and rehearsed than human mages. They have much longer lifespans to hone their craft, and novices learn from their forefathers methods. It is the shorter lived races, humans mostly, that use the arcane in more spontaneous ways and are more open to try new things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron is the creator of Curse of Flesh, hence all life and death as a cycle. He invented procreation so that new creatures are constantly born, to die and feed him with the fact of their deaths.