Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Next WOW Expansion ideas?

Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
    95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    In quest texts it has been pointed out kind of obviously that antagonist in next expansion is burning legion.

They had a interview in Taiwan with blizz saying Doom lord Kazzak might come back to herald the return of the legion. Mystery Solved, Legion comes back. This is in Chinese but open it with google chrome to translate it http://www.gamebase.com.tw/news/news...om=index_focus thats where he says Kazzak might be back.

Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.
    MoP has been almost entirely about war, where have you been?

It's nice to see people can judge something they clearly never played.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Rival pandas, murderous saurok, self-righteous jinyu, furious and passionate hozen, yes.

Not to mention Krasarang Wilds is filled with horde and alliance killing each other.. and more to come. This expansion has brought more world PVP then we've seen since the Isle. WAR craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    MoP has been almost entirely about war, where have you been?
    ^this
    pandaria is probably the most serious expansion yet. dont let the calm setting fool you. underneath theres some pretty serious stuff going on. first time since what?....warcraft 2 that the alliance and horde have been in all out open war.

OT: its pretty much confirmed that the next expansion will see the burning legion return in force. wrathion sees it and theres alot of other subtle hints throughout the game. if you dont know what im talking about look up the first part of the wrathion legendary line. he brings up a globe of azeroth being nuked by green fire. that screams the legion

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It's nice to see people can judge something they clearly never played.
    I have played. I can see how people view it as War, but it's definitely not the same vibe I got from Classic TBC and even WOTLK.
    A lot of its in the music. When you load the game up and hear the drums of war and violent music, versus Pandaria where you hear like mist sparkles or some shit like that. The art direction too mostly. TBC and Wrath were full of skulls, spikes, demonds, undead, gnarly looking things. Where Pandaria is soft at heart, and fluffy on the outside, sugar coated with G rated sprinkles.

I should've phrased it better. There certainly is a War vibe to MOP, but it's not the same to me or as dirty as it was in previous Xpacs.

vengeance of the murlocs?

Seriously, it can't get more ridiculous than it has already become.

95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.

If Blizzard decides to do 2 more expansions, my guess is the next one, level cap 95, would be something revolving around the Old Gods and the Titans. Maybe some Time Traveling with the Caverns of Time?

I mean, how much do they have left to work with on Azeroth? The map is basically completely full, they'd have to make some other world. And I don't think they'll be redoing Azeroth again like they did for Cata.

Thoughts and opinions?
    Blizzard will continue making expansions as long as people keep playing. As for the next expansion, Burning Legion seems like the logical choice. There's been 2 continents and a revamped Azeroth. A new planet and BC type style is long overdue and an obvious choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post

OT: its pretty much confirmed that the next expansion will see the burning legion return in force. wrathion sees it and theres alot of other subtle hints throughout the game. if you dont know what im talking about look up the first part of the wrathion legendary line. he brings up a globe of azeroth being nuked by green fire. that screams the legion
    Do you think we'll be fighting them on Azeroth or on their home world?
    Also, final expansion likely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though there's a lot of hinting that the Burning Legion is going to return, it wouldn't surprise me if blizzard squeezed something else between now and then.

Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.

95 level cap, or 100?

Thoughts and opinions?
    Ugh seriously? The "Panda is childish again"?

And no. Blizzard will not stop doing expansion becasue you don't want them to. They will contnue because there are fans that like to play the game more. I
    guarantee you that will 100% go above the 100 lvl cap. The news at Blizzcon that the cap will go at 105 will pass the same way they passed when they said it will go to 85 and not 90. No one will give a shit. Everyone will just want to play the expansion. And the expansion after that.

Anyway I believe the next expansion will revolve around the Burning Legion. Obviously it won't be the last time we see them after that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    "ghost crabs" XD HAHAHA

I thought it was pretty much confirmed that next Xpac was Burning Legion for a little while now?

I have played. I can see how people view it as War, but it's definitely not the same vibe I got from Classic TBC and even WOTLK.
    A lot of its in the music. When you load the game up and hear the drums of war and violent music, versus Pandaria where you hear like mist sparkles or some shit like that. The art direction too mostly.
    The art is a theme. If you don't like it, that's fair. I love it, I also LOVED the Norse theme of Wrath. This would apply to music as well. Wrath had some sweeping music...ala Howling Fjord. I think the point of Pandaria is that it seems peaceful.. but has many hidden secrets. i.e. Klaxxi's periodic war where they find more powerful klaxxi and kill pandas, fights against the shas, the remnants of mogu/mogu magic.

Considering we're on a new continent, and it's past, it may not be ravaged the same ways. Dread Wastes is pretty horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseface View Post
    In quest texts it has been pointed out kind of obviously that antagonist in next expansion is burning legion.
    Maybe that's this expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Even though there's a lot of hinting that the Burning Legion is going to return, it wouldn't surprise me if blizzard squeezed something else between now and then.
    I hope not,but its very possible. Wrath was hinted at in vanilla. cata in bc, and i suppose mop was a suprise, but if they go back to hinting 2 expansions ahead of time we may see the legion for 7.0 instead of 6.0. What was hinted at in cata? Azshara and old gods my friend... Azshara and old gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think we'll be fighting them on Azeroth or on their home world?
    Also, final expansion likely?
    who knows. maybe a bit of both. the start will most likely have us fighting on azeroth but as the expansion rolls along we will probably see us going to a legion conrtolled planet. highly doubt it will be argus since that is believed to be where their main force is. for those who dont know, argus is the eredar (original draenei) homeworld. we might even go back to outland. my friend and i were talking one day about the idea that they could add more remnants to draenor that we go to.

way too early to tell but its pretty much a 99% chance that blizzard will do the legion next. and no it will NOT be the final expansion. as someone said above, blizzard will make expansions as long as people play. they arent just going to end WoW at level 100. they would be stupid to just cut off millions of players.

they can always keep making lore after the established lores loose ends are tied up. the challenge there is keeping it good.
    Last edited by Littleraven; 2013-01-07 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    Umm they never did that. Instead they said that 100 is just a number. If they stopped WoW at any point it would be suicide. Only if it drops below 1 million like for SWTOR which even that still lives on and it even gets a "semi" expansion soon.