Thread: Shit on for DPS

Shit on for DPS

My guild raid 2 nights a week but we are semi-hardcore about our progression. We try to do the best with little time we have. For the last 2 weeks my gm has been giving me shit for my dps and said that I can be doing much higher number. I would like the warlock community to help me improve my dps. thank you very much for your time.

Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3qmtcsvenzffsas4/
    Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalaran/Homogenious/simple

Deleted
    You'll have more luck here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...efore-posting)

I will say, however, that it's ludicrous unless he's having a go at the rest of the raid too. Your dps looks like it could certainly be better, but you're not doing terrible by far - especially compared to some of the other people in the raid - though I'm about to go wash my hair so haven't dug into the logs more than skin deep.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-06 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For your Destruction logs, your Chaos Bolt damage looks a little low to me. Are you saving your Chaos Bolts for either a. when you have trinket procs/DS/other buffs or b. when you are about to cap on embers? On a lot of the logs I see an average 350k Chaos Bolt, in your gear I think that average should be higher. I'd refer to this guide for all of your Destruction needs.

For Affliction I don't really spot anything obvious. Just the typical things, make sure you have high uptime on MG and are haunting during a time where your DoTs are buffed, etc. We had a nice general suggestions discussion going here you could read.

I'm also with Nagassh on this one...if I were your GM I'd be focusing a lot more on some of your other DPS.

for destruction I think it is because im not reforged for it...I just go destruction on farm content for fun

1 more tiny thing that Im not sure if its happening for afflic is haste breakpoint. Its not like a omg 50k dps increase, but try to get your haste to 4717, maybe a tiny bit more to account for input lag etc, and it should make at least a bit of a difference. Once you get your 4 set, you will see your dps grow a lot as well. Dont be afraid to be at like 12-13% hit for afflic too.

As far as destruction goes, looking into it myself for fun these days, stat priorities are based on your grimoire choice. If you go for sacrifice, you kinda need to go mast>crit>haste, vs supremacy where its flipped, with haste being the most important stat. Dont trust me 100% on this part though, im jut going off what I learned from others, havent put it to test myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    mast>crit>haste
    Edit: Didnt read. I suck.
    Last edited by mmocf69c22c503; 2013-01-07 at 09:01 AM.

Goblin needs 4250 for breakpoint sir

Homogenious, I too think your GM should look elsewhere at some of the other dps! Your numbers look great on some fights but lower on other fights as destruction or affliction. If you look at the guide Brusalk posted on youtube as "aikoyamamato" mentioned that would definitely help your dps. I know you are gemmed for affliction so it's less time and gold spent re-gemming, but that is something that will improve your dps in destruction!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    As far as destruction goes, looking into it myself for fun these days, stat priorities are based on your grimoire choice. If you go for sacrifice, you kinda need to go mast>crit>haste, vs supremacy where its flipped, with haste being the most important stat. Dont trust me 100% on this part though, im just going off what I learned from others, havent put it to test myself.
    What you said is correct, mastery>crit>haste since Homogenious has GSac.

The average raid dps is pretty low, so I'm not sure why he choses to harass only you...

Personally, I'd go for the hit-cap.