Registry cleaners?

So my gaming PC has been a little sluggish about loading pages and I remember I would use cleaners to well 'Clean things up'. The thing is its been awhile and I don't know what's safe to use, or if any of them are in fact! So if anyone could send me in the right direction that would be awesome. I'm just looking for something simple no clean my PC bs. If there is a way to do it myself that would be great too. I'm also on windows 7-64 bit running chrome as a browser.

CCCleaner is a good free one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    CCCleaner is a good free one.
    I second this

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I second this
    Thirded. I used to use seperate programs like Regcleaner and etc. but it's not necessary. CCleaner does the job and then some.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Just download the free version and give it a whirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I worked as a technician (~8 years) CCleaner, along with MalwareBytes, and HijackThis (the last one only recommended if you understand what it does) honestly fixed about 90% of 'junk' 'virus' 'bloatware' and 'malware' problems with computers in about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    When I worked as a technician (~8 years) CCleaner, along with MalwareBytes, and HijackThis (the last one only recommended if you understand what it does) honestly fixed about 90% of 'junk' 'virus' 'bloatware' and 'malware' problems with computers in about 5 minutes.
    personally use those three too works like a dream :P

Deleted
    If the registry is that mangled that it makes the pc slow then a fresh install of Windows is probably the best solution for the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    If the registry is that mangled that it makes the pc slow then a fresh install of Windows is probably the best solution for the long run.
    +1 on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?