Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, that video doesn't say anything. Yeah, the feature was showcased, but that's a fan video and nowhere is it actually said "yeah, this is coming at launch".
    I really can't be fucked to dig up old quotes, if you wish to stick you head in the sand and claim the game is complete and never was intended to have PvP at launch it's up to you I suppose.

And your quotes? Don't say it either. In fact, if anything, it says "this isn't a pvp game, we'll add it later"
    Could be that it's an announcement stating they pulled PvP from the launch after having showcased it, I somehow doubt they wanted to put a negative spin to it for them selfs.

If people want to be upset about the lack of features for what will be upcoming, fine, but nowhere does anything really say "it was coming".
    Again I can't be fucked to go dig up quotes that says it was meant to be in game at launch, besides if them showcasing it at Blizzcon without stating back then already that it wouldn't be in at launch doesn't convince you I somehow doubt anything will.

Edit: I'll leave you with this, it's from Blizzcon 2010 D3 Q&A, make what you will of the fact that they answered PvP questions back then already.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-01-06 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I really can't be fucked to dig up old quotes, if you wish to stick you head in the sand and claim the game is complete and never was intended to have PvP at launch it's up to you I suppose.
    I really have no memory of them "promising" PvP would be in the game at launch either. That's not me sticking my head in the sand, that's me seriously having no memory of it. My searches for such a statement have yielded nothing.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Blizzard said there would be PvP as a lot of people were looking forward to it. However time and time again Blizzard ends up being the little kid at the buffet. Their eyes get bigger than their stomachs.

PvP in D3 is just like the Dance Studio in WoW. Something that people looked forward to only for it be scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I really have no memory of them "promising" PvP would be in the game at launch either. That's not me sticking my head in the sand, that's me seriously having no memory of it. My searches for such a statement have yielded nothing.
    Semantics, features discussed with the player base over that long time is as good as a announcement that PvP is supposed to be in the game at launch. If them answering questions about the feature years in advance, showcasing a playable version of it a year before launch then I don't know what to say, if developers only delivered what they "promise", as you put it, games would be very thin content wise.

If anything it just shows how high Blizzards' quality standards are. PvP TDM was available since 2010 and yet they didn't release it. After launch the community bitches nonstop for 8 months and yet they did not release it. Why? Because they were not satisfied with it. I was so sad and almost thought Blizzard would start giving into these whining flamers but they stood up and did the right thing in the end. GJ Blizzard and keep it that way! It's YOUR game after all.

Of course the entitled gamers nowadays proclaim every feature that has ever been mentioned as a promise for full implementation of said feature and designing it to suit exactly for their needs.

Well, all i can say is i am GLAD you are disappointed, i am GLAD half of those whiners are promising to never ever buy another Blizzard game again. It makes so excited to even think about a future, two years from now, with half of these whiners being gone and dragging the community down into the least constructive and enjoyable experience i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    If anything it just shows how high Blizzards' quality standards are. PvP TDM was available since 2010 and yet they didn't release it. After launch the community bitches nonstop for 8 months and yet they did not release it. Why? Because they were not satisfied with it. I was so sad and almost thought Blizzard would start giving into these whining flamers but they stood up and did the right thing in the end. GJ Blizzard and keep it that way! It's YOUR game after all.

Of course the entitled gamers nowadays proclaim every feature that has ever been mentioned as a promise for full implementation of said feature and designing it to suit exactly for their needs.

Well, all i can say is i am GLAD you are disappointed, i am GLAD half of those whiners are promising to never ever buy another Blizzard game again. It makes so excited to even think about a future, two years from now, with half of these whiners being gone and dragging the community down into the least constructive and enjoyable experience i have ever seen.
    This mentality just makes me sad, it has no winners and only leads to a further decline of games. If the developers go with you mentality you will not have any of your "high quality games" as there won't be enough customers left to warrant their development.

What is my mentality if i may ask? I am very curious, please tell me!

If anything it just shows how high Blizzards' quality standards are. PvP TDM was available since 2010 and yet they didn't release it. After launch the community bitches nonstop for 8 months and yet they did not release it. Why? Because they were not satisfied with it.
    That is nice and all ... but after years of talking and developing "PvP" of D3 what they were able to come up with are duels. Simple duels. The safest, most basic feature of any PvP. That Blizz has high quality standards is great, the problem is they struggle to make something that meets those standards.

Duels was a feature ppl were asking for 8-9 months ago thinking it will be something to kill time with untill the true PvP patch arrives. That such a basic feature takes Blizz almost a year to develop is not something to celebrate, it's not something to be GLAD about as you put it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Really? REALLY?

At this rate we'll be waiting over a year for simple pvp, at which point i'm sure a decent portion of the player base will have moved on to other games due to boredom, if it even is high quality standards (Which it probably isn't) it's doing them more harm than good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Are...you serious? I hope to god this is sarcasm, because I'm not sure given the tone of this thread
    If you really think releasing D3 in the sorry state it was in and fixing it "2 years from now" is the right decision...
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account

I consider myself to be quite forgiving regarding Blizzard's decisions in that I can understand where they are coming from. In this case, not so much. This part of the game was supposed to be a part of launch, but now it is not even going to be implemented despite it being the only PvP related this game was really going for since the announcement of Diablo 3. On top of that, this decision was made months away from the release of the game, which is inexcusable since I at least expected the feature to be out within 3 months after the release (they were supposed to fix some of the complications with the system, which should not warrant more than a couple of months considering how long they have had this feature being worked at). As a replacement, we're getting duels, a feature that could have been in the game at launch if they had not decided to create TDM.

Blizzard messed up majorly this time. They really did.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-01-07 at 03:29 PM.

Just a perfect example why to not listen to people.

I also have many features and changes where i disagree with Blizzards decisions entirely (reworking the difficulty, introducing a GAH, reworking the drops), but postponing Arena is not one of them. There is absolutely no possible way these arenas would have been enjoyable for more than 1 week. It's just going to reduce players feedback to even more whiny "it's unfinished" and "balance xy" bullshit threads. What you deserve is what you get guys. If you want to be a hypocritical unenjoyable unproductive community then take the consequences of this behaviour.

Personally i prefer knowing Blizzard is spending their time creating proper content instead of being forced into gimmicky updates like Hellfire rings.

Deleted
    If anything it just shows how high Blizzards' quality standards are.
    Yeah, right. The way Diablo 3 launched has really shown how high Blizzards' quality standards are. I don't think there could've been more wrong with the game had they tried.

In hindsight, it actually would've been better for Blizzard to release Diablo 3 when PvP was finished. Meaning next year. We've been playing an incomplete beta for way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, right. The way Diablo 3 launched has really shown how high Blizzards' quality standards are. I don't think there could've been more wrong with the game had they tried.

In hindsight, it actually would've been better for Blizzard to release Diablo 3 when PvP was finished. Meaning next year. We've been playing an incomplete beta for way too long.
    Hey, I've got a great tip for you. Don't play it until PvP is released if you are so eager for it. Look at this buy as a prepurchase that granted you full access to the "beta". Community was asking for it wasn't it? It's not like they released the game and now stop working on it. That's the great feat of Blizzard after all.
    So you guys see my point, don't you? That's what Blizzard has to deal with... Saddens me to be a gamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Semantics, features discussed with the player base over that long time is as good as a announcement that PvP is supposed to be in the game at launch. If them answering questions about the feature years in advance, showcasing a playable version of it a year before launch then I don't know what to say, if developers only delivered what they "promise", as you put it, games would be very thin content wise.
    Blizzard do only deliver what they promise, that's why they've succeded as a company. And no, I'm not being sarcastic and any trolly "HAHA" responses will just prove what a difficult position Blizzard are in, trying to please those kinds of customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    At this rate we'll be waiting over a year for simple pvp, at which point i'm sure a decent portion of the player base will have moved on to other games due to boredom, if it even is high quality standards (Which it probably isn't) it's doing them more harm than good.
    Hopefully, all the haters will have moved on and only decent people will remain.

Nah, what am I saying, that will never happen.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-01-08 at 01:48 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post

Blizzard launched a game where 7 million people wanted to enter on just 3 servers (US/EU/Asian) with ONE logging entry point over just a few hours ...

To make that happen was an epic achievement and it even functioned after the initial few hours wait.

Blizzard never thought this amount of players could even be realistic.

But it shows they always go for newer server techniques (made cross server open world play in MoP now too).

So welcome to the new infrastructure where single server play and limited player numbers per server is a thing of the past (finally).

I call that polish in backbone infrastructure and a complete lack of understanding by most of the player base (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Blizzard do only deliver what they promise, that's why they've succeded as a company. And no, I'm not being sarcastic and any trolly "HAHA" responses will just prove what a difficult position Blizzard are in, trying to please those kinds of customers.
    So answering Q&A questions regarding a feature for years, showcasing the same during Blizzcon a year before launch and allowing people to play it doesn't in any way suggest to you that it was meant to be in the finished product?

To give you a better idea, Path of Titans was never announced to be scraped or delayed, it just got scraped, there wasn't any expectation nor promotion regarding it's existence in the finished product. If PvP wasn't meant to be in the finished product I'm quite sure that Blizzards PR department would make sure that the devs made it clear during any and all Q&A's as their PR department is by far one of the better in the industry.

So answering Q&A questions regarding a feature for years, showcasing the same during Blizzcon a year before launch and allowing people to play it doesn't in any way suggest to you that it was meant to be in the finished product?

To give you a better idea, Path of Titans was never announced to be scraped or delayed, it just got scraped, there wasn't any expectation nor promotion regarding it's existence in the finished product. If PvP wasn't meant to be in the finished product I'm quite sure that Blizzards PR department would make sure that the devs made it clear during any and all Q&A's as their PR department is by far one of the better in the industry.
    Usually what Blizz does is they say we intend, we want, we will try ... it's useful phrase to use in work. I intend to make this work boss, no worry. And when it does not happen you just go ... but I didn't promise anything did I. Well it's useful phrase if your boss is an idiot.

As for Path of Titan it was one of the features that hyped up the expansion ... and so it played a tiny role in the crash and burn that happend after launch as well. It's really better to not announce stuff that you are not sure you can deliver. If you do announce you better be competent enough to deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Usually what Blizz does is they say we intend, we want, we will try ... it's useful phrase to use in work. I intend to make this work boss, no worry. And when it does not happen you just go ... but I didn't promise anything did I. Well it's useful phrase if your boss is an idiot.
    Which is what they didn't do with PvP Q&A's, the closest I got to a perhaps maybe answer was that in addition to arena PvP there might be a duel system like in D2 but it wasn't sure it would make it in, nothing about uncertainty of arena PvP in the same answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    As for Path of Titan it was one of the features that hyped up the expansion ... and so it played a tiny role in the crash and burn that happend after launch as well. It's really better to not announce stuff that you are not sure you can deliver. If you do announce you better be competent enough to deliver.
    They did an announcement basically saying the original idea was scrapped and turned in the three glyph system instead, very different from the PvP announcement for D3 that was very apologetic.

Which is what they didn't do with PvP Q&A's, the closest I got to a perhaps maybe answer was that in addition to arena PvP there might be a duel system like in D2 but it wasn't sure it would make it in, nothing about uncertainty of arena PvP in the same answer though.

They did an announcement basically saying the original idea was scrapped and turned in the three glyph system instead, very different from the PvP announcement for D3 that was very apologetic.
    If Path of Titan can be "turned" into three glyph system it does not deserve that name . The exact presentation of PvP features for D3 I don't remember much so no imput there.