Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where is the unsub button?

Same as title. I finally just pulled my CC data.

They do make it a bit hard to find, it is on the screen with the subscription plans at the bottom in a small clickable icon.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Thank you for the help

Deleted
    Ah yes, reminds me of how the unsub button disappeared early on and that guy got banned on the forums for posting a link to the page the unsub button takes you to.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokonorb View Post
    Ah yes, reminds me of how the unsub button disappeared early on and that guy got banned on the forums for posting a link to the page the unsub button takes you to.
    ...you are joking right?

from what I recall, that actually happened, but only because the OP of said thread used a lot of profanity and caps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    from what I recall, that actually happened, but only because the OP of said thread used a lot of profanity and caps.
    That makes more sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...you are joking right?
    99% sure he is. Thought Aion and Rift had the website for account management down for 50% of the time during the 2 months that I played them. I was unable to unsub before they refreshed my month. I sob and cancel my subscription instantly on any subbed game. So they don't charge me if the website goes offline for any reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the fact it was a terrible game to continuously play, we stopped playing Tera because of their billing department.

It charged us for all kinds of things we never authorized and we had to jump through every hoop imaginable to get refunded. My wife subbed for 3 months, then got charged for 3 months and an extra years subscription on top of it. Then her account only had one month of play time. It was a nightmare to work through.

Then they billed my account even though I had already cancelled it. It was awful. Had to send emails, chat with CSRs, etc. I will never trust En Masse with any account info of mine again. SWTOR isn't quite that shady in the real world, they just like to fuck with everyone inside of the game/pull the rug out from under people a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    99% sure he is.
    You're 100% wrong. As it happened it was a warning but the post was still removed and he was warned because of that specific post, not because of profanity in the OP or anything like that since he received a warning for that specific post.

http://postimage.org/image/jiz358x9v/

Real as the ban for the guy who said "I'm 12 and what is this?".

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Well I'd be pretty pissed if I was basically being stolen from

10+ Year Old Account
    You're 100% wrong. As it happened it was a warning but the post was still removed and he was warned because of that specific post, not because of profanity in the OP or anything like that since he received a warning for that specific post.
    Many factors are missing to determine what actually happened though. What forum was it in? What are the rest of the posts in the thread? Why would they quote that post when they could have easily quoted the first one? Sounds like a mixture of terrible customer service with bad copy-pasta.

I'm certainly not saying they had a legitimate reason and weren't trying to do a coverup, but I don't have concrete evidence to go either way. It's definitely sketchy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    psu had a pretty odd way of unsubbing i honestly dont remember but it was a pain

Deleted

http://postimage.org/image/jiz358x9v/

Real as the ban for the guy who said "I'm 12 and what is this?".
    Was just about to post the same link, and i can confirm its true, They did bann him for helping people finding the unsubscribe link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...you are joking right?
    No I'm pretty sure he's not. I remember: it was the first day when 1.1 hit, Ilum was a disaster, next day is the day when everyone is going to be charged.
    Unsub button magically disappeared.

Every one of the posts that posts a link to the unsub button got locked.
    Not sure about the ban, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic90 View Post
    No I'm pretty sure he's not. I remember: it was the first day when 1.1 hit, Ilum was a disaster, next day is the day when everyone is going to be charged.
    Unsub button magically disappeared.

Every one of the posts that posts a link to the unsub button got locked.
    Not sure about the ban, though.
    I remember it differently.

At the time I and everyone who used the forums back then checked to see if infact the button to unsubscribe was removed. I could still see mine as could many others. It ended up being a problem for certain browsers.

Threads got locked. Persistant thread creators got banned. The truth was a lot less interesting than the conspiracy theory. Pity.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/720...ssing-for-some

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I remember it differently.

At the time I and everyone who used the forums back then checked to see if infact the button to unsubscribe was removed. I could still see mine as could many others. It ended up being a problem for certain browsers.

Threads got locked. Persistant thread creators got banned. The truth was a lot less interesting than the conspiracy theory. Pity.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/720...ssing-for-some
    So what you're saying is that the button disappeared and people who posted links to help players reach the page they wanted got their posts deleted and infracted for doing so.

So while BW investigates they lock and delete threads that provides people affected with a workaround, highly professional and not offensive at all.
    Last edited by mmoc1dc9bccea2; 2013-01-07 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah, I hate to say it, but there is something incredibly sketchy about all of them getting deleted.

I seriously doubt all of the posters were rude, used profanity, etc etc. I'm sure there were several that just posted an FYI. The fact that they would delete them all is shocking. Also, it's awfully convenient that the button broke when something like that was going on. Not going full on tin foil hat, but the fact that they didn't post their own thread AND deleted everyone else's on how to get to the unsub page is fucked up.

Deleted
    So what you're saying is that the button disappeared and people who posted links to help players reach the page they wanted got their posts deleted and infracted for doing so.

So while BW investigates they lock and delete threads that provides people affected with a workaround, highly professional and not offensive at all.
    Oh it was a terrible way for BW to deal with it. Like nearly everything their messed up community department did in those days. Bunch of bloody amateurs. My point was that the conspiracy factor was very low if non existant. Heck, it was fixed for most within hours and even the most rabid conspiracy touting nut forgot about it within days as the official forums never mentioned it again iirc.

However if people choose to see intent in what happened over the course of those hours then by all means. I just remember things very, very differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Heck, it was fixed for most within hours
    Ok...if they fixed it that quickly, then no issue. They were right to close all of those threads, but should have posted their own information update about it with a link of their own. So I can agree it was mishandled, but not grossly.