Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You DO realize thats more than 2 years old, right?
    So are Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/287426906024988672
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Seems appropriate. Looks like Blizzard has been creating or juggling the ideas of class / mixed class zones so they have this hub to go to. Death Knights have it, Monks have it, Druids have it, Warlocks (Might be) getting it 5.2, and excuse my missed knowledge for any other class having its own area. Yeah I know they have their respective areas in a city, but it isn't a whole zone or town dedicated to them. Just a little area. (Although there have been repeated areas based around a class).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well think about it, Druids have Moonglade, DKs have the Acherus, Monks have the Peak of Serenity, Warlocks have Warlock Island, Mages technically have Dalaran.

It would be great if each class had there own personal zone.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Lord_Aurius_Rivendare

Look at the quest dialogue. Stratholme is to be cleansed and could we see a new paladin/priest city come out of that? What do you think will happen? When do you think it will happen?
    I don't get the priest and paladin city?

Stratholme was a city. Period. Which means everyone lived there not priests/paladins.

On the other hand it would be nice to revisit it as a neutral capital or something for the RP value at least.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Seems appropriate. Looks like Blizzard has been creating or juggling the ideas of class / mixed class zones so they have this hub to go to. Death Knights have it, Monks have it, Druids have it, Warlocks (Might be) getting it 5.2, and excuse my missed knowledge for any other class having its own area. Yeah I know they have their respective areas in a city, but it isn't a whole zone or town dedicated to them. Just a little area. (Although there have been repeated areas based around a class).
    All of the places have their spots in lore. However Stratholme wasn't anything special (except being one of the biggest cities in northern Lordaeron). It was an ordinary city filled with ordinary people.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well think about it, Druids have Moonglade, DKs have the Acherus, Monks have the Peak of Serenity, Warlocks have Warlock Island, Mages technically have Dalaran.

It would be great if each class had there own personal zone.
    You forgot about rogues

They have Ravenholdt (one of the coolest places on Azeroth).

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    You forgot about rogues

You for got about Hunters. We have Sholazar Basin .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    So let's summ it:

Rogues - Ravenholdt Mannor
    Death Knights - Acherus
    Druids - Moonglade
    Warriors - That little island where you train for Berserker stance (I don't know is it still in game)
    Hunters - Sholazar Basin (is this really?)
    Mages - Dalaran
    Warlocks - Warlock Island?
    Monks - Peak of Serenity
    Shamans - Throne of Elements
    Priests -
    Paladins -

I don't think it will ever get done in game. Probably just going to be one of those assumed things. Like while were in Pandaria right now Tirion is surely giving the place a makeover, not that it is done in game at all. Not everything in game keeps up with the lore.

The only good reason I can think to give it a makeover is if they decide to bring Bolvar into the next legion expansion that they will do something there for level capped paladins involving Bolvar and Tirion. Like how warlocks are getting stuff just for them in 5.2
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-07 at 11:38 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the priest and paladin city?

Stratholme was a city. Period. Which means everyone lived there not priests/paladins.

On the other hand it would be nice to revisit it as a neutral capital or something for the RP value at least.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:40 AM ----------

All of the places have their spots in lore. However Stratholme wasn't anything special (except being one of the biggest cities in northern Lordaeron). It was an ordinary city filled with ordinary people.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:42 AM ----------

You forgot about rogues

The city was run by the Silver Hand. The chapel there is where the first paladins were created. Tirion and his men are Paladins and now control the city. Priests also have a big part of the light. Make the connection.

Also-Little "cities"/areas for classes does NOT include Ravenhodt because there is currently no portal of sorts to get rouges there. All the other places have one.

Deleted
    I would LOVE to see class questlines implemented again it would also be cool to see Strathlome rebuild, perhaps as an Argent Dawn capital?

Wow, imagine if neutral factions got capital cities in old azeroth <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Stratholme: The capital of the Holy Light of Azeroth... it sounds interesting ... however, I do not think that this situation satisfies to everybody...

There will be many people disappointed with the Argent Crusade and Tirion Fordring, those who had the hope that they could restore the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory, back to being the most important human realm, back to being the main axis of the Alliance.

Those people, of which I form part, will consider to Tirion and the Argent Crusade as traitors who have sold Lordaeron to the Horde. These "radicals" against the neutrality of Lordaeron will find a new leader ... Queen Calia Menethil, to which will not make much grace that the Horde strolls through her kingdom.

And if we add to that, with the return of Turalyon, the Order of the Silver Hand is finally restored, there will be a large group of people, a new faction of the Alliance in fact, that will fight for Lordaeron against the passivity of Argent Crusade and Tirion Fordring.

Glory to the Queen! Hail Queen Calia! For Lordaeron!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzan28 View Post
    The city was run by the Silver Hand. The chapel there is where the first paladins were created. Tirion and his men are Paladins and now control the city. Priests also have a big part of the light. Make the connection.

Also-Little "cities"/areas for classes does NOT include Ravenhodt because there is currently no portal of sorts to get rouges there. All the other places have one.
    From wowpedia:

"Stratholme was the second largest human city in Lordaeron, matched only by the capital. At the beginning of the Second War, Stratholme, specifically the Alonsus Chapel, was the location where the Archbishop Alonsus Faol founded the holy Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand, and indoctrinated its first five members, including Uther the Lightbringer and Saidan Dathrohan."

Order of Silver Hand was created there, it never ran the city (although they acted as the guards) and tell me what does Fras Siabi the famous tobacco seller has to do with light (one of the examples).

You can get to Ravenholdt by foot. Major quest chains involving rogues are/were there. There is also an rogue trainer there and lots of other assassinesuqe stuff. Ravenholdt IS rogues little area you cannot discard it just because it doesn't have a portal...

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Stratholme: The capital of the Holy Light of Azeroth... it sounds interesting ... however, I do not think that this situation satisfies to everybody...

There will be many people disappointed with the Argent Crusade and Tirion Fordring, those who had the hope that they could restore the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory, back to being the most important human realm, back to being the main axis of the Alliance.

Those people, of which I form part, will consider to Tirion and the Argent Crusade as traitors who have sold Lordaeron to the Horde. These "radicals" against the neutrality of Lordaeron will find a new leader ... Queen Calia Menethil, to which will not make much grace that the Horde strolls through her kingdom.

And if we add to that, with the return of Turalyon, the Order of the Silver Hand is finally restored, there will be a large group of people, a new faction of the Alliance in fact, that will fight for Lordaeron against the passivity of Argent Crusade and Tirion Fordring.

We all know who is the real queen of Lordaeron. Glory to the Dark Lady!

Touché!
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2013-01-07 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Orgrimmar gets destroyed totally at the end of MOP.. and horde takes Startholme over and does some revamping :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Lordaeron's survivors are making a new Lordaeron, working as intended.

How have they sold Lordaeron to the Horde? Right now Lordaeron is split between the undead who were once its residents, and its living survivors. Creative Development also confirmed both the Crusade and the Ebon Blade are keeping close tabs on Sylvanas since they don't approve of what she's doing.

I know, it must burn to know a successful, Light-worshipping nation can continue to do good for the world without falling into some binary, color-by-numbers, faction-based loyalty. Besides, you don't even know if Calia is alive, dead, or even proudly serving in the Forsaken.

And they will be roughly as relevant to the global political scene as the Soviet holdouts who put on their moth-eaten, faded uniforms, pick up their tattered flags, and hold protests in Moscow.

You seem awful quick to pin your hopes on a princess who was shown to be weak-willed and passive, was never coronated, and who might not even be alive or for that matter interested in working with the Alliance.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be pretty neat to have a revamped Slaughter Square to hang around in. It'd probably need a name change though.
    Maybe a cleansed and reconstructed Alonsus Chapel would be a good place for Paladins to loiter too, but tensions might be a little high what with the Blood Knight's burning it down and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    They could have their own hidden Nesingwary Camp, discoverable only by seasoned trackers.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2013-01-08 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    So let's summ it:

Rogues - Ravenholdt Mannor
    Death Knights - Acherus
    Druids - Moonglade
    Warriors - That little island where you train for Berserker stance (I don't know is it still in game)
    Mages - Dalaran
    Warlocks - Warlock Island?
    Monks - Peak of Serenity
    Priests -
    Paladins -
    Well, its more my opinion (So technically no). But its where the 1st spirit beast is. The 2nd rare and only green devilsaur. The 1st tamable and rare patriot. Pitch the black lion has the skin of a rare lion form the Barrens. The hive queen was the 1st orange and over sized wasps. The dreadsaber cats are only there and where kinda unusual for there time. The glitch that lead to the 1st hydra pet and the family we have now but is still untenable. Its a jungle and there is a hug hunting quest chain, has tracking and leads to killing a dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    They could have their own hidden Nesingwary Camp, discoverable only be seasoned trackers.
    It right behind the waterfall near Bushwhacker.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-07 at 11:49 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lively, neutral city for Argent Dawn, welcoming anyone around. Protentional lore with them and... wait, I think Sylvanas is planning something! Tirion to intervene?

Oh come on. These are not "class cities".

And it's called Fray Island. It's a tiny fart in the ocean used for one quest. And it's Horde side only.

Blizzard almost never uses those "cities" that are in the game for anything. They're kind of a legacy of an idea from Vanilla that never went anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    Lively, neutral city for Argent Dawn, welcoming anyone around
    Isn't this essentially what Hearthglen has become since Cataclysm?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long overdue, IF it's really going to happen.

Stratholme will be a smoldering wreck untill the final server is shut down

Unless they do a major reboot like they did in cata then stratholme will always be a undead instance for lowbies