Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just wondering, but why are you so upset about this? Its just a game, and you say you want to quit anyway. Why not let it slide and just step away quietly?

Plus, you might not want to discuss your personal legal issues with Blizzard. I think it may be against forum rules to bring up personal issues since its between you and blizzard.
    These responses really ruffle my feathers. Just a game? I don't know how long OP has been playing, but if it were me, I've had an account since November of '04 without any cancellations. I've invested THOUSANDS of hours and THOUSANDS of dollars (monthly sub, expac costs, faction change, etc) and I would be upset if I were wrongfully banned (I don't know if this user was, as we're only getting his side of the story). Seriously, just stop, Jaylock.

Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    No they aren't. But the EULA you agreed to gives them the right to terminate the service at any time, for any reason. They have to refund any unused portion of the current months subscription, but not anything else. You already received the service you were paying for, for prior months.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find this as a threat "you might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like" in my opinion...sounds to me like, hidden behind words of course he is saying "you can do this, but your more than likely going to loose the case not to mention a lot of money". Think about how much money blizzard pulls in, unless your a millionaire or have a company backing you I don't suggest trying to go after blizzard! And cheap attorneys aren't going to get you anywhere with blizzard, i'm sure theirs will make yours look like he's still in college lol

This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    The difference here is that the garage does not own your car, Blizzard however does own all of its accounts.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-07 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Educate yourself first, you are not in the US, you're in the EU, we have this thing called consumer protection, and they cannot enforce EULAs that do not conform with laws.
    Why dont you educate us? What part of the EULA is breaking what law? And how does that relate to OPs ban?

This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    Why not? how is it any different from a landlord evicting someone from the property he is renting to them. they payed him money to live there and if he suspected something being done while they were there wasn't right whether he was right or not it's still his property and he as the owner is entitled to kick them out if he wants, they don't get a refund for the time they spent there. this is also no different than the right to refuse service to anyone rule. And it's not "stealing" as you put it so elegantly if the game and everything in it belongs to them. they are renting you your account and all things in it, otherwise the game wouldn't be pay to play it would be free

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    And if you're going to argue his point, make a better statement. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Lesson is botting is bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nazi's should be capitalized.
    Thank you, i value your input and have fixed the error.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry this happened to you. But seems like there is something you aren't telling us. I have always been in good contact with blizzard with issues like these.. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt ban you just because you bought some herbs from some guy who was botting without you knowing....
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please if you want people to side with you, post every details...not just the ones that makes you the victim...What were those things from 2010 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Blizzard will not care about you.

Neither do people on MMO-C.
    Best possible answer. Enough said.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Sorry this happened to you. But seems like there is something you aren't telling us. I have always been in good contact with blizzard with issues like these.. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt ban you just because you bought some herbs from some guy who was botting without you knowing....
    I don't either, they usually would just strip the botted mats...unless they have reason to believe you were aware. Which they would do via logs, everything is logged and they are looked over when in a situation is in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, if you are actually going to take them to court over this, you will lose.

There is nothing for you to stand on, as many have stated; you don't legally own *anything* about your game license for World of Warcraft.

This has never changed, when you purchase a game, you pay a licensing fee on it. Many games have a one-time fee, there are also a good number that charge you subscriptions for the right to continue to extend your license.

Since, as far as I am aware, you haven't posted the alleged "threat" from Blizzard, it sounds like they are warning you that you would be foolish and throwing away your money to attempt to sue them over this. They are absolutely right and are in fact looking after your best interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I really hope that wasn't the final copy of your response.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?

Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.
    Because sending angry mails will totally ruin them right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Educate yourself first, you are not in the US, you're in the EU, we have this thing called consumer protection, and they cannot enforce EULAs that do not conform with laws.
    Edcuate myself? Sure, let's try some example in UK then shall we?

1) Car Hire, contract stated they do not have to continue the contract and can terminate it as they wish without reasons, you signed it. Now after a few months they do not want to continue your contract to hire the car, do you have a case?

2) Flat renting, the landlord stated in the contract that he does not have to continue the contract when it ends, or if he requires to finish the contract early you get 1 month time to move out, you signed it. Seven months down the line the landlord want to sell his flat, and give you the 1 month to get the hell out, do you have a case?

3) "intellectual property hiring", you signed a contract that you have the right to use a specific intellectual property, however the owner stated in the contract they can terminate the contract whenever they want, you signed it. 6 years down the line they terminated your access, do you have a case?

All the above examples can easily be found in everyday UK life, please tell me if you really think you have a case in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?

It sounds like he used an illegal service such as gold-buying. I'm not accusing, as I have no idea what happened, but from what little information was given by OP that's what it sounds like.

Well this is one of the funnier posts I've seen on MMO Champion.

You're not going to get anywhere doing this. You have no legal foundation to stand on. Furthermore, you're probably not telling us the whole truth; instead you're probably just giving us all the 'facts' that are convenient to your case.

Just drop it. At best, you'll have hefty legal fees to pay. At worst... Well.