Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    Its not stealing, and your terrible mechanic selling your car analogy shows that you have a really poor understanding of how it works.

When you buy a car you own that car, when you you pay for WoW you rent access to the service. They can remove you from the service at any time, just like the mechanic in your original analogy can tell you to leave his business, or a restaurant can refuse to serve you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    Oh, sweet irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Because sending angry mails will totally ruin them right?
    Nah, it's just a possible way for him to feel satisfied, some people like it. They would ignore such mail, surely

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we are getting the whole story. I've never heard of anyone being banned from buying something from a botter (hell the whole player base would have to be banned if that was the case.) If that really was the reason they banned you though I'm sure calling CS (not the legal department) would get it cleared up.

Oh! This forum just gets better and better! First we have the removal of flying mounts thread and now this.

Although bans are quite common when a player unwittingly (or not as the case maybe) buys from a compromised and/or botting account it is usually just a case of a quick phone call to sort it out. I highly doubt you spoke to Rod Rigole, anyways it will interesting to see the ensuing pages this thread generates.

This is why I have no problem breaking the eula and doing whatever I want as long as I think I can get away with it. Because all these companies play dirty. All of them. So why shouldn't I?

The threat of being wrongly banned and not being able to do anything about it is also why I never have or will spend a penny on a mmo outside of the physical game purchase and monthly sub fee for access to the service.

Botted got caught got banned gg

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be more information apart of this story.

For as much as Blizzard claims it's "their account" and they can ban you for nothing if they want, and for all the talk about EULA's and the like, this issue is actually extremely complicated legally. Digital property has gone through several light lawsuits and is not firmly established yet. Blizzard has a massive team of lawyers in part because at any moment they could (and eventually will) fight to the death to protect this claim that all of this belongs to them and you are just licensed to play it, but a lot of lawyers and a lot of people believe that they can say anything they want in the EULA, you paid for the product and therefore it is yours.

We'll see in the next 10 years or so what the courts finally decide, but this issue is far from cut and dry.
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    It sounds like he used an illegal service such as gold-buying. I'm not accusing, as I have no idea what happened, but from what little information was given by OP that's what it sounds like.
    I never used any gold buying service. I make my gold from trade skills and the AH. When I spoke to the Attorney for Blizzard, the only thing he could tell me was that I purchased herbs and ore from someone who was botting. I had no idea. A seller was auctioning in /trade that he wanted to sell Herbs and Ore in bulk and that he would give better pricing on more that was purchased. I asked him how much per stack if I bought it all. He said 30g per stack of herbs and 45g per stack of ore, I purchased about 40stacks of each. It was about 5-10g per stack cheaper than ah, so I bought it all. This was on Thursday. I milled all the herbs and sent the ore to my jeweler. I was trying to build a couple decks for the Dark Moon Fair which was going to arrive on Sunday. On Friday I was banned. I did not know the guy was botting. I don't ask everyone I buy an item from in game if they are botting. I honestly think they made a mistake here.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way Blizzard would be any more alarmed by receiving that email is if there was a A HEAVY USAGE OF ALL CAPS, a plethora of unnecessary punctuation!!!!111oneone, and a cornucopia of angry face emoticons

If you faced them down with that, shit would definitely start to get real.

Yeah, what the lawyer said didn't really sound like a threat to me. Sounds like he was just warning you that moving forward could end up worse than just having one of your accounts banned.

Quote Originally Posted by sysco View Post
    Botted got caught got banned gg
    Well if you've followed the drama queens on MMO recently. That is impossible, blizzard doesn't ban botters they just ignore them or give them free epics because they need the subs. If you don't believe that yeah you're probably right.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

This story does not add up at all . People buy botted mats all the time because typically people don't know the method of how the mats where procured . I highly doubt they would ban your account for that . I think there is much more to this story IMO .

If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    hyperbole is not grammar..... it is more like being emo.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He stated that you could lose your case. He wasn't bullying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    There has to be more information apart of this story.
    There always is.

No one gets banned for buying from a botter,
    1) Everyone has done it at least once, even if unaware, and
    2) How are players even supposed to "vet" sellers?

I suspect the OP was moving stock around from one of his own bots to another and got busted.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    It would really surprise me if Blizzard's legal team was fielding customer service calls.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They in fact, CAN, ban you for whatever reason they want (or no reason at all), once they decided to ban you, there is very little you can do. You can QQ all you want, but it won't change anything.

On top of that you won't even get any sympathy here.
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    Sorry but you can not speak to their Legal department via the phone. This story seems like bs