Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That joke made my day....
    Perhaps you would be willing to share this "joke" with the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Valve.

/10char
    Frankly, I don't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Frankly, I don't believe it.
    You know how many great deals Valve gives via steam? Some great games for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You know how many great deals Valve gives via steam? Some great games for cheap.
    Because that's smart move business wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    Overall, of course it is. The game isn't dying, but the population has certainly decreased. It would be ridiculous to say otherwise.
    It really hasn't though. It's been relatively the same for several years, of course with the occasional rise and falls around patches and expansions...but the median has stayed right around 10 million+ like always.

WoW is in no danger of going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game's quality has been steadily decreasing ever since WOTLK. There may be more things to do, but the quality of those things is very sub-par. Daily's have now become "content" instead of a way to make money and get rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I think saying around half the continent was covered in snow is fairly accurate. Saying the entire continent was covered in it isn't.
    I still disagree. I know from the zoom out of Northrend's map it looks like it's only half covered with snow but if you actually fly through or even checkout the screenshots on wowhead, there is more than the map indicates. Still this has gotten further away from my point.

Even if just half the continent is covered in snow that's still far less creative than Tbc's area design. Covering 50% of your terrain with white is not interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no heart in it anymore. The older players can definitely feel it . In vanilla and BC Blizz seemed to work hard at fixing bugs , balancing classes or trying to , and in general making the game BETTER.they CARED about the product they were making . That isn't the case OR goal these days . it's all about the sub numbers now , the dev's don't give one rats ass what the players ACTUALLY think . They proved that with the forum fiasco years ago AND with some of the current snark some of the blues are posting with . There are bugs in the game I've noticed that has YET to be addressed that have been persistent for YEARS.
    And while I give the art team their just dues....the artwork for MOP is excellent for they type of game it is . The character progression , raid progression , instancing is all fked up . There is no longevity to the game anymore EXCEPT while questing and dailies for rep :however THAT isn't the type of longevity I'm referring to. At the heart of it is the community or lack there of . There is only TWO FIXS to the problems because of all the modifications done to the "static" Azeroth and those will never happen due to tech issues.It's a simple thing really . You take away what made the game great (mmo part of the rpg) ...you don't have much of a damn game left regardless of how pretty and chalked full of time wasters there are. I know I don't really care anymore 7yrs I've played ,7 yrs of an active account and 1 almost fully missed expansion. For what.. so some silly 12 yr old can cuss behind his moms back in a BG and tell me how awful I play the game while he stealths in a corner , or while some bot flys by me and snatches up my node of ore only to resell the shit to me because I CAN"T farm it because of the gold farmers , or to have some GM DEMAND I use some dumbass add on that probably isn't accurate anyway so they can JUDGE how I play a game .
    The game to become vibrant again would have to have full regional sever mergers which techies say is impossible and personal accountability would have to become ALL the rage again ..in other words dumbasses that would black listed would be again. Just like farting in public in a small town ...do it often enough and people know to stand up wind of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Maybe Sholozar Basin didn't have snow? That's all I can think of from Wrath. I dont even know how this can be an arguement. Saying Northrend wasn't completely covered in snow seems more ignorant to me.
    Borean tundra was 60% no snow. Sholazaar basin was 0% snow. Grizzly Hills was 5% snow. Howling Fjord was 20% snow. Only Sholazaar peaks, Icrecrown Glacier, and Dragonblight were zones that were 100% or near 100% snow. You can call me ignorant all you want but the facts prove that I am not. If you don't believe go log into the game and fly around Northrend and see that it isn't all snow covered zones. They all have distinct themes. Even the "snow covered" zones have distinct themes to them. Using snow covered is like using "dirt covered" to explain Outlands because every zone has dirt or grass and is there fore the same. It is a silly claim and based on ignorance of the actual zones.

Outlands had trees, and more trees. It also had lots and lots of dirt and grass. You are boiling everything down to one word while praising something else for its visual look. You aren't comparing the different expansions equally because you are biased and trying to prove a flawed point. If you boil down everything else to snow or trees then you have to do the same with outlands. Which is just more dirt, mountains, and trees.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not sure what to say about OP. MoP has delivered much better content in both quality and quantity than previous xpac imo for now. Only Cata's launch content can rival it but MoP has so much more things to do than in Cata,BC,WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's smart move business wise?
    I was agreeing with you bro. lol. Valve is not an evil company out just to make $$$, they are smart businessmen. Unlike Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And that is exactly why they are making an insane profit.
    They are selling packages with games that people wouldn't have bought any other moment.

"Ooh look, for 35 Euro I get that 20 Euro game I want and 15 other games. Let's buy it!", that's how they make a profit: By selling stuff to people that they actually don't want.
    Yet people choose to buy it because they WANT to play them? You arent making any sense now Kangdo!

I feel like People are actually excited for 5.2.

But if you look at forums like these to gauge enthusiasm (if such a thing can be quantified), you'll always see people hating on things and complaining. That hasn't changed since Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I still disagree. I know from the zoom out of Northrend's map it looks like it's only half covered with snow but if you actually fly through or even checkout the screenshots on wowhead, there is more than the map indicates. Still this has gotten further away from my point.

Even if just half the continent is covered in snow that's still far less creative than Tbc's area design. Covering 50% of your terrain with white is not interesting.
    I barely even remember what the map looks like. :S I spent a lot of time in both Wrath and Cataclysm in Northrend (plus I just leveled my monk through there). I'm very familiar with how the actual areas look.

While I do agree that there's a lot less variance in Northrend (or Pandaria) compared to Outland, "different" is not necessarily "better". You get some really nice zones like Zangarmarsh, Netherstorm, and Shadowmoon Valley, and some really awful ones like Hellfire Peninsula and Blade's Edge Mountains. At least with Northrend and Pandaria pretty much the entire continents look good. (And as far as Pandaria goes, the differences between zones are far more apparent on the ground than they are from the air.)

I was agreeing with you bro. lol. Valve is not an evil company out just to make $$$, they are smart businessmen. Unlike Blizzard.

Yet people choose to buy it because they WANT to play them? You arent making any sense now Kangdo!
    What make you tihnk Blizzard is evil company and Valve isn't? I can't see the difference here except you are just biased...

10+ Year Old Account

Actually he is making sense. It's the impulse logic that retail stores use, put the cheap stuff right near the check out so when you are waiting in line you pickup 2 or 3 more things that you actually didn't need but end up buying. And you call that good business but WOW putting in more content (although which you don't personally prefer) into their game and still only charge the same monthly amount you say they are a greedy company.

It's the same, both companies are trying to max profits. Sorry if you prefer one model over the other but both companies are trying to milk you for as much as they reasonably can. One does it monthly and with optional micro transactions, the other by tempting you to spend more than you intended. Also how much advertising does Valve put out on Stream. Every time you log in there are games available to be purchased.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2013-01-07 at 08:55 PM.

What make you tihnk Blizzard is evil company and Valve isn't? I can't see the difference here except you are just biased...
    Valve has never sacrificed any part of their games in order to be "more appealing". They make a game, polish it, and do a damn good job.

Now look at wow. The developers would , at the drop of a hat, completely change something (regardless of how it works gameplay wise) if it meant pleasing people and increasing profit margins.

The difference is that Valve does not sacrifice its integrity for profit.

Meanwhile every other month you got wow dev's trying to sell you a digital cat for 20 bucks. LOL integrity.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-01-07 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    Yeah. I just noticed that too.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Yup, most of the long term players have left.
    Let's see some proof.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is basically the point I was making.

Seriously, look at Hellfire. (Yes, I know I keep going on about it :S)
    You talked about covering the land in white for Northrend. Hellfire is just covered in orange. Same texture over and over, exactly the same as the snow.

Anyway, this is kind of Off Topic, isn't it? ^^
    Although I really love BC's raids but imo Outland is the worst leveling world ever. I freaking hate HF.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Valve has never sacrificed any part of their games in order to be "more appealing". They make a game, polish it, and do a damn good job.

Now look at wow. The developers would , at the drop of a hat, completely change something (regardless of how it works gameplay wise) if it meant pleasing people and increasing profit margins.

The difference is that Valve does not sacrifice its integrity for profit.

Meanwhile every other month you got wow dev's trying to sell you a digital cat for 20 bucks. LOL integrity.
    What Blizzard did sacrifice? Could you be more specific? and what's wrong with selling cosmetic shit? If I remember right Valve does that too.... You could argue that Blizzard put even more effort into their games like making super high quality cinematics which were freaking expensive. All those cinematics are arguably a waste of resource.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-01-07 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, because it's a deal
    That's how people work: They are willing to pay more for stuff they don't want/need because it's a deal.
    The 'bundles' on steam have links to the items separately too.