Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    10 men is "dying" on asian servers. I mean it's wotlk all over. They do 25 men, get all BiS with more ilvl from there than go 10 men and say it's faceroll. You see more 10 kills on wowprogress because it's easier with increased ilvl for the 25 counterpart, so they do get more kills there, but they are still doing a content with more gear then intended.
    here are two popular Asian realms:

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/tw/crystalpine-stinger
    http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/kr/azshara

Almost 95% of top 100 guilds are dedicated 10man (not 10/25 as you mention, check second and third pages also). So I think 10man will stay 10man even if 25man drops that much better gear. Its like 95% of raiders here cba doing hard modes even though gear there is much better there. 25 man is harder in its organization ways so 10man will stick to 10man (probably) and 25man guilds will have a reason to go on and survive.

** Edit: Although all these things are just based on what I see there, was sort of surprised to see it myself. Not sure if same will happen here or not.
    Last edited by Marooned; 2013-01-07 at 09:47 PM.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax75 View Post
    more things to do in the area of gaming that you like wouldn't be a bad thing.
    True, which is why I welcome the pet battles. Something totally different from raid, yet still involved and fun. Not everyone will like it, but it appears to be something quick and simple to implement.

Farming? Also fun...for a while. 16-20 encounters per days just to farm gets irritating.

And there is plenty of opportunity for other pursuits...maybe explore the lore behind the Darkmoon Faire with a card game of some sort? Perfect the mounted combat mechanics (get rid of that delay!!!!)? Expand archaeology and fishing in a manner similar to cooking.

Sure a lot of people argue that you do not have to grind reps and daylies, but if your a person who wants to give it your best in this hobby that you might consider a sport well then the position that daylies and repgrinding is optional is simply not valid.
    Yep. Dailies were about as optional as doing 2-4 raids a week in LK. Sure...you can get by without it, but you din' if you were truly serious. Still, at least the daily situation has eased off as reputation has been earned, but the emphasis on dailies remains, IMO, one of the biggest flaws of this Xpac. There is simply too much emphasis not on providing new content, but on stretching out he content we have. Something involved and interesting enough to last a week is now expected to provide content for months. It gets old.

Personally i think raiders would probably rather for some time raid a new raid instance 2 times a week with their main than having to raid and do daylies rep grind. So 10/25 seperate lockout although controversial as stated above could be nice.
    Its very possible. But Blizzard don't seem to want players to deal with that burnout problem. Nor do they seem to want to deal with the balancing issues inherent in having multiple gearing speeds.

I don't think either of these issues are insolvable. And in some ways, it would be nice to have the option to raid both formats again.

But raiding twice a week simply burns out the player at least twice as fast. Which means Blizzard would need to push out new content even faster. AND either deal with the balance issues inherent with the "loot twice" model or put into place mechanics to prevent it (ie the LFR system becomes standard and guilds yell at the total loss of control over gearing).

I think that - IF the problem lay with dailies - Blizzard could simply increase certain rewards (e.g. double VP rewards) so they weren't as much of an issue. But Blizzard put a lot of work into dailies and the story and while I don't agree that is necessarily the best mechanic for such a system, I do think it means Blizzard will want players to experience that content.

As I said, the problems here aren't insurmountable...but I think players may not like the solutions.

EJL

Want a easy fix for 25 man raids...add a new form of currency.

With every kill you get a X amount of tokens and after collecting a total of XX tokens (depends on the gear) you may buy any gear that drops from a boss.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simple. Make only one number raids.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Want a easy fix for 25 man raids...add a new form of currency.

With every kill you get a X amount of tokens and after collecting a total of XX tokens (depends on the gear) you may buy any gear that drops from a boss.
    Blizzard has said they will never remove the RNG element in raiding by allowing you to pick and choose loot. Next.

CRZ raiding (25 only or otherwise) will never happen as long as blizzard keeps charging people for server transfers. Why would they want to cut off part of their revenue stream? Not a big one but still and after all, they are in the game (sic!) to make money. Their primary objective is to cater to the largest segment of the player base, whatever it may be and try to maintain and grow it. They're not gonna intentionally piss of large amount of people hoping that they would change their play style or whatever just so that blizzard could make some minority segment slightly happier. To screw over 10m they would have to have some concrete data that majority of 10m would make a switch to 25 and 25 would become the "preferred" raid size among the players to justify the move. If they dont have that, they're not going to take a huge gamble like that. Because, frankly they don't have to.

prolly different instances like it used to, and only 15man difficulty in 6.0

In a perfect world..... for me that is, the new heroic only boss would only be on 25. Seeing as how that is unlikely, I would wager that they are going to make tier tokens have a random chance to drop off of extra bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they don't just provide 3x more loot for 25man raids and call it a day.

Why are 25's bitching?

There is always enough incentive by them getting A LOT more loot, them seeing everything on the loot table because SO MUCH MORE drops, having people geared more QUICKLY, thus in the long run making encounters easier since they gear for them faster.

25's don't need anymore crap. This is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Why are 25's bitching?

There is always enough incentive by them getting A LOT more loot, them seeing everything on the loot table because SO MUCH MORE drops, having people geared more QUICKLY, thus in the long run making encounters easier since they gear for them faster.

25's don't need anymore crap. This is stupid.
    Define a lot more? You kill a boss in 10 man you get 2 pieces of loot, you kill it in 25 man you get 5. Same amount of loot per person. There's extra piece of loot in 25 man heroic since developers stated it's more complex and harder to manage so it's a small reward. It's not a lot more.

Deleted
    Tears will come. Oh yes, I've got my care cup ready for the flood.

25 mans need more of an incentive. I found it astonishing in another thread poll at the overwhelming number of people that play in 10 man guilds that want to play in 25 mans. Something needs to be done and a 'possible' solution is right around the corner. I really hope it isn't underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't know why they don't just provide 3x more loot for 25man raids and call it a day.
    Ppl already got most the gear they need say 10man or 25man, quantity doesn't matter quality matters.
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

i still hope we get 1 raid size

all the way for 15player raids!

wont happend saddly.. i think we are going to get an ugly solution sadly ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    i still hope we get 1 raid size

all the way for 20player raids!
    Fixed - If there were to be one size that fits in the middle, 20man would be it. Wouldn't mind, wouldn't like but meh.

The reason people don't raid 25 man is simply because it's easier to raid 10 (Not the content, just to set up) - Raising the ilvl would be one way to fix this, but that would cause a shitstorm of QQ on the forums from 10 man players (probably including myself lol).

I'm interested in what they're going to do about it, it's fairly balanced right now in terms of drops and difficulty, the difference is just how hard it is to set up. I don't see why they need to concern themselves with it too much tbh, guilds with the roster will do 25, guilds without it will do 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    so 25 man guilds dying is a big tragedy that has to be fixed, but 10 man guilds dying is "who cares"

nice double standard there
    Not really our fault blizzard put them on seperate lockouts as most of the asian playerbase was more than willing to run both.
    The more work you put in the more reward you should get, and limiting content on behalf of the lazy/unprepared was a bad idea to start off with.

Though if they were going to maintain the upgrade system with every tier I could easily see 25m gear coming fully upgraded thus offering people a faster yet equal gearing method.

Though without offering fully upgraded gear they could still still offer lets say 2-5 lesser charms of good fortune per boss kill in 25m which is still a incentive to 25m without hindering 10m.

My guess is that it'll either be increasing 25-man boss drops by 1, making 25-man raids drop more raid-grade crafting materials per player or making 25-man items start out upgraded 1/2. Assuming that the item upgrade system stays the same in the future, that's a surprisingly massive boon - the equivalent of 750 VP off the cap for every single drop! I can't see them changing cosmetic rewards like titles or mounts between the two, so I think it has to be gear-related to some extent. 25-man raids having access to more craftable gear through drops sound like the least damaging option.

In any case, this is a change that needs to happen. 25-man raiding is dead on my server, and it's far from an all-around dead server. There needs to be something that makes the choices distinct. Not as extreme has a heroic/normal difference, but there needs to be a difference regardless.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Forcing people into 25mans it fucking stupid, some people cant raid 25mans/dont have the guild for 25mans/dont have the money to constantly sever hop to get a 25man guild.

Making 25man drop more/better loot is just plain retarded and show how little ghostcrawler actually cares about the "community"

Sick of "25man is better HURDUR" shit
    Seriously.
    so only few pages in a dont know if been suggested yet, but server hoping mite be kind of what they are on about... maybe they are going to allow CROSS REALM RAIDS FOR 25 MAN ONLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Fixed - If there were to be one size that fits in the middle, 20man would be it. Wouldn't mind, wouldn't like but meh.
    GC has said if they could start all over again there would only be 15-player raids. I think it makes the most sense ... assuming perfect scaling from 5-players (1 tank, 1 heal, 3 dps to 3 tanks, 3 heals, 9 dps)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.