Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but this is what normal looks like, like ZOMG MUST PLAY!!!!!!!
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Not a week goes by where Jaylock is still slagging off WoW in some form or another. I don't understand why he still plays because he obviously despises the game.
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

If someone cares about something then they'll make their voice heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    And now it's different. If you can't handle it, then quit. Please. You and your other little buddies can go make your own game with blackjack and hookers and just leave the rest of us the hell alone. Because what you want isn't going to happen. Never ever ever. You complaining about it isn't going to change a damned thing. BC was a broken system that people enjoyed because it was less broken than the competition. The game has changed. Blizzard no longer creates their game for the 10% that seriously raid (and are typically also the insufferable pricks the vast majority of the playerbase can't stand). They've made it more accessible, and used difficultly levels to cater raids to different people.

As difficult as it may be for your brain to comprehend, not everyone likes the same things, and some people like WoW the way it is now. You don't? Then play a different game. No game provides what you're looking for? Then play a private BC server and continue to live in the past. But for the love of god, give up the crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

His voice has been heard. Over. And over. And over again. THAT is harassment. Harassment of the entire community that can't even discuss the game without someone like Jaylock complaining about how things aren't as good as they used to be.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2013-01-08 at 12:17 AM.

There's a difference between creating several flamebait threads a month on the same subject, than actual constructive dialog.

Just do one thing to see why people tend to find Jaylock irritating. Take a look at the threads he's started.. He's got a lot of them, but notice a trend?

Again, I'm not complaining, some of his threads I do truly find constructive and somewhat informative.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-01-08 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    And I don't. But equally I don't really see LFR as "doing the raid". Much the same way I don't see 3 people downing Yogg-Saron one light as "doing the content". It's simply not what the raid was designed for. It's trivial.

Yes, you have seen the visual effects before (some of them atleast). But clicking the totem on Garajal and rotating healers and dps to "kill totem" and handle spirit phase adds are completely different. The crucial tank switches on Stone guard and tanking all 3 dogs in AoE pile are completely different.

If you literally play this game to see different boss models and spell effects with the challenge factor completely removed then I guess we play for different reasons.
    Fair enough, however please dont suggest that the same bosses 3 times makes plenty of PvE content. Its nothing to do with "spell effects" its to do with the level people play at. Many people play the game on normal cos thats their standard of gaming and then they are done with it and to me, thats also fair enough.

There's a difference between creating several flamebait threads a month on the same subject, than actual constructive dialog.
    Then why hasn't he been banned?

Then why hasn't he been banned?
    Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy. The guy is smart, I'll give him that. But he's created a ton of threads all on pretty much the same subject. As soon as this thread dies, you watch him make another one on the exact same subject, with a different title.

Some of his threads are also very entertaining to read but because he does this so often, his credibility gets called into question and people start to ignore him.

10+ Year Old Account

There's a difference between caring about the game and caring about your own self interests. If you think a design change is good for the game as a whole you can state that. If you want a design change because it personally benefits you and you make absurds claims to justify your position it becomes pretty obvious over time.

Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy.
    So then quit complaining? If he's following the rules then I don't see an issue.

Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy.
    So he posts on a forum, within the guidelines of the forums rules , and because you don't like what he's talking about that means people should harass him instead of just ignoring the thread?

If everyone was so sick of hearing it then none of you would of responded to the thread and it would be laying dead somewhere in the back pages of the forum.

So then quit complaining? If he's following the rules then I don't see an issue.
    I wasn't specifically complaining. Just answering a question on why people don't like him.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    So he posts on a forum, within the guidelines of the forums rules , and because you don't like what he's talking about that means people should harass him instead of just ignoring the thread?

If everyone was so sick of hearing it then none of you would of responded to the thread and it would be laying dead somewhere in the back pages of the forum.
    As I stated above, I was explaining on why people discredit his opinions.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-01-08 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Fair enough, however please dont suggest that the same bosses 3 times makes plenty of PvE content. Its nothing to do with "spell effects" its to do with the level people play at. Many people play the game on normal cos thats their standard of gaming and then they are done with it and to me, thats also fair enough.
    When did I say that it was plenty of PvE content solely because of three difficulties?

It's plenty of PvE content because you have three well-tuned raid encounters (16 bosses) as well as two world bosses, challenge modes and a whole list of scenarios.

Most people who complain about the lack of PvE content haven't even cleared MSV normal. They just finish the tier on LFR and act like they have run out of things to do - which seems ridiculous to me because you can finish LFR naked and afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the original OP just likes to see how many replies he can get on his started threads. He has had a lot of complaining threads lately that all share the same theme. I'm not as enthusiastic about WoW as I used to be but I still come back and play it.

I wasn't specifically complaining. Just answering a question on why people don't like him.
    Yeah, I know. But when someone unconstructivly posts just to attack an OP and receives no punishment, then I see an issue with the moderation of these forums (or rather a lack of consistency).

Anywho this has gone far off topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i recently came back from a few weeks off and my server was listed under "New Players" I quickly retreated with a character transfer.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

15+ Year Old Account
    My interest may wane slightly...until I get another new pet or a battle stone to upgrade one that I'd like to mess with in pet battles. Then my excitement grows a bit more.

Also, progression kills keep me going, which I've been fortunate enough to find a guild that can keep me supplied enough to my liking. A 25-man guild, no less.

As for you, my friend Jaylock...seriously. Why, with the massive and constant barrage of WoW-hating dribble that you spewed on the forums day in and day out for the entirety of Cataclysm, did you get the hair-brained, nonsensical notion that you would suddenly and miraculously begin to rekindle your love affair with the events that transpire once you surpass the log-in screen? No. Really. What?

Just...stay gone. Please. Just stop this, already. On top of the fact that all you've done is just piss everyone around you off and get put back on their MMO-Champion ignore lists (yet again), you look like the world's largest fool ever. Go find a new game and hate on that. Can you do us all that tiny little favor? Please?

No, I'm guessing not. That would actually make sense.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider. Why is it new content just because the model is different? It doesn't matter what something looks like if it isn't the same exact thing it is different and new content. You could have six bosses all with the same or previously used models and its new content. Why? Because they all do something different. People want the new trick, people want the greater challenge.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    When did I say that it was plenty of PvE content solely because of three difficulties?

It's plenty of PvE content because you have three well-tuned raid encounters (16 bosses) as well as two world bosses, challenge modes and a whole list of scenarios.

Most people who complain about the lack of PvE content haven't even cleared MSV normal. They just finish the tier on LFR and act like they have run out of things to do - which seems ridiculous to me because you can finish LFR naked and afk.
    You asked to see someones Heroic clear suggesting that there is more PvE content available if they hadnt cleared it.

If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then thats up to them. They could take the opinion that they have seen the raid and doing it again isnt that appealing - Dont blame players for Blizzard's policy of allowing content to be afked through and then wonder why they ask for more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, not everyone considers heroic raids extra content. You cant blame people for not wanting to do the same raid 3 times.
    If you don't consider heroic raids to be new content then you can't consider a raid to be new content. If the fight is different it is different content, plain and simple. If you hold the logic that Heroic content is new then you have to judge everything based on LFR because it is the easiest and most open difficulty of raiding. But normal is still the standard.

It is faulty logic no matter how you look at it. Content is content regardless of what the art department makes it look like.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 07:40 PM ----------

It is 3 times the amount of PvE content then if there was only one difficulty. Anyone way you cut it you are getting more PvE content then you normal would have. 1+1+1=3. 1+0+0=1. 3>1.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You asked to see someones Heroic clear suggesting that there is more PvE content available if they hadnt cleared it.

If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then thats up to them. They could take the opinion that they have seen the raid and doing it again isnt that appealing - Dont blame players for Blizzard's policy of allowing content to be afked through and then wonder why they ask for more.
    Well... heroic is more PvE content. I fully understand not wanting to clear the rest of the PvE content but you can't honestly tell me that it 'doesn't count' as content because you don't want to/unable to do it.

If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then I put it to you that they are retarded.

Much the same way that if someone did one pet battle and then told me they had run out of pet battle content to do I would be somewhat skeptical.