Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Yogg-Saron is the creator of Curse of Flesh, hence all life and death as a cycle. He invented procreation so that new creatures are constantly born, to die and feed him with the fact of their deaths.
    "Everything has a soul, every soul can be consumed" from puzzle box.

Ya interesting concept, but, non-Titan races were procreating way before Titans showed up, and Elementals, the old God's favoured servants, do not procreate at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    "Everything has a soul, every soul can be consumed" from puzzle box.

Ya interesting concept, but, non-Titan races were procreating way before Titans showed up, and Elementals, the old God's favoured servants, do not procreate at all.
    But who created non-Titan races? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after all these retcons it seems like Titans first visited the world to "shape" it and placed their iron overseers and workers, then came Old Gods, twisted it all into flesh, then Titans returned, fought Old Gods, imprisoned some of them, looked at the organic mess and figured they better leave it as it is and just watch how it goes. Kinda like that. I dunno, earlier versions of lore said Titas weren't even the first ones on Azeroth and that Old Gods were the true natives, but then they simplified Old Gods into a "space parasite" concept.

Because Mogu can turn statues (particularly of themselves and quilen) into living beings via soulbinding, I have always thought there would be some really effective "surprise attack" by them, since the statues are everywhere in Pandaria, even in the faction capital cities, possibly including the giant stone carvings in the middle of vale

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe theres an island somewhere in the south seas inhabited by all male trolls, and they regularly engage in snoo snoo with each other, and only once a year come to visit the island of all female trolls to have snoo snoo, so they can have little trolls.

Wait.. that was a dream I had, sorry..

I also believe cho'gall's two heads were once caught making out, before he kill those spying on him.
    #boycottchina

But who created non-Titan races? Correct me if I'm wrong, but after all these retcons it seems like Titans first visited the world to "shape" it and placed their iron overseers and workers, then came Old Gods, twisted it all into flesh, then Titans returned, fought Old Gods, imprisoned some of them, looked at the organic mess and figured they better leave it as it is and just watch how it goes. Kinda like that. I dunno, earlier versions of lore said Titas weren't even the first ones on Azeroth and that Old Gods were the true natives, but then they simplified Old Gods into a "space parasite" concept.
    I think your understanding of ancient lore is a bit off (understandable since it is a convoluted mess). Several races existed that procreate that are not from Azeroth first of all. Draenei/Eredar, Orcs, Ogres, Gronn, Arrakoa, Ethereals, Sporeloks, and all the non-sentient beings that inhabited their worlds. There is no evidence the Titans or Old Gods visited their worlds. Also the Earthen procreate presumably since the one guy has you save his father in Stonecore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I believe theres an island somewhere in the south seas inhabited by all male trolls, and they regularly engage in snoo snoo with each other, and only once a year come to visit the island of all female trolls to have snoo snoo, so they can have little trolls.

I also believe cho'gall's two heads were once caught making out, before he kill those spying on him.
    I request the highest of fives.

Ogres and Trolls, two races where the gender doesn't matter, I don't want to see any of them doing it.

Maiev vanished somewhere instead of going back to Darnassus. Possibly became a hermit on Outland.

Knaak books are actually in-game fictional books written by a Peon.

The Scourge have descended into gang warfare in Northrend because Bolvar doesn't resolve their disputes for them.

Draenei have three genders; female, Goldshire Specials and the ingame males are a sexually inert 'worker bee'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    Ogres and Trolls, two races where the gender doesn't matter, I don't want to see any of them doing it.
    Trolls are studs, you just aren't feelin there mojo mon.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I request the highest of fives.
    /high-two-fingered-five (cause you know.. troll fingers mon)
    #boycottchina

I believe it is possible for Magni to one day be restored, take his rightful place as king of Ironforge....then kill his daughter and throw out the dark irons!....er...kidding about the last part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    That my blood elf death knight is really an undead (Forsaken) high elf death knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I believe that Quel'thalas' Ranger-Generals have blue uniforms and its part of the position. Both Sylvanas and Halduron wear blue armor, even when it doesn't make sense from a camouflaging perspective, even Vereesa wears blue as R-G of the Silver Covenant (Maybe as a sign of respect of high elven traditions) when she used to wear green.
    Was Alleria a Ranger General? She wears blue too, even blue facepaint. And lipstick!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Forsaken, ascending from flesh.
    See I always had this headcanon that the Plague is actually a corruption of the Curse of Flesh, or an extension or extrapolation of it, which explains why it is impossible to cure. Ner'Zhul created it under the direction of Kil'Jaeden, who must've used some pretty serious magic to make something so powerful no force on Azeroth could cure it. I always assumed some power Kil'Jaeden got from Sargeras was necessary in its creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Was Alleria a Ranger General? She wears blue too, even blue facepaint. And lipstick!
    No. She was a Captain. Sylvanas was the Ranger-General at that time.

Also, headcanon. All Blood elf hunters are rangers. Which might be cannon all ready.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-01-08 at 02:39 AM.

Tholo and Anren are "more" than just bros4lyfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    No. She was a Captain. Sylvanas was the Ranger-General at that time.

Also, headcannon. All Blood elf hunters are rangers. Which might be cannon all ready.
    Hey watch where you point that headcannon!

Maybe blue is a Windrunner thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primaliron View Post
    I think your understanding of ancient lore is a bit off (understandable since it is a convoluted mess). Several races existed that procreate that are not from Azeroth first of all. Draenei/Eredar, Orcs, Ogres, Gronn, Arrakoa, Ethereals, Sporeloks, and all the non-sentient beings that inhabited their worlds. There is no evidence the Titans or Old Gods visited their worlds. Also the Earthen procreate presumably since the one guy has you save his father in Stonecore.
    There is no evidence the Titans or Old Gods visited their worlds... yet. They simply never said a word about the origins of life on Draenor. I kinda presume there were Iron Orcs once.

Also, they've never said much about the origin of demons. Are they organic? Elemental-esque? Ascended from organic? Those Warlock quests hinted that they were "Titan police" for magic, but older lore says that normal races can be turned into demons, as eredar and gan'arg were.

I believe that Asric and Jadaar spent the Cataclysm continuing to have non-adventures just outside any place where anything dangerous might be happening, and are now sitting in a bar in a quaint, out-of-the-way Pandaren village, drinking beers and trading insults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh and Jaina were secretly lovers. Jaina hates Garrosh so much because he went crazy and genocidal like all her ex-boyfriends.

There is no evidence the Titans or Old Gods visited their worlds... yet. They simply never said a word about the origins of life on Draenor. I kinda presume there were Iron Orcs once.

Also, they've never said much about the origin of demons. Are they organic? Elemental-esque? Ascended from organic? Those Warlock quests hinted that they were "Titan police" for magic, but older lore says that normal races can be turned into demons, as eredar and gan'arg were.
    Current canon is that the nathrezim existed before the Titans knew of them. Sargeras is the only Demonic force that is explicitly formerly of titanic origin.

The titans leave artifacts on worlds they visit, there's nothing of the kind on Draenor. There is a creature the Arrakoa were summoning that is like C'thun in appearance, but we don't know anything about it.

The Draenei knew nothing of the titans and were a united race on their world that flourished as a civlization for centuries (possibly millenia) and they never found any titan artifacts, they did have Naaru arifacts (ata'mal crystals) but there is no known connection between the titans and the Naaru.

On that point, in my head canon the Naaru and Titans are not allies and only neutral toward each other. The Titans are willing to wipe out entire worlds without trying to save the good people on them, the Naaru have made a point of saving any person who fights for the light or shows promise. This rift between them is enough to keep them apart but not hostile, they may share information (I doubt the Naaru would fail to inform the Titans of an impending Legion invasion if they could, and the Titan's rigid codes may force them to reciprocate). In short, the Naaru see the Titans as lacking compassion, something they clearly hold in high regard.

Edit: It is possible that other races will be retconned to have been titanic in origin, and that the Old Gods cursed them with flesh, but it would still be unlikely that Yogg visited all those worlds.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:44 PM ----------

Trolls are studs, you just aren't feelin there mojo mon.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:46 AM ----------

/high-two-fingered-five (cause you know.. troll fingers mon)
    You're right, I'm not feeling their mojo, I hate human feet, so the pontoons definitely aren't doing anything for me.
    Last edited by Primaliron; 2013-01-08 at 04:47 AM.

No one has been attributed as creating non-Titan races as of yet, but, the way it stands, Tauren and more specifically the Trolls, recorded the arrival of the Titans. I'm not sure about the Night Elves as Blizzard has purposely left their ancient past a complete mystery/clusterfuck, but there are statues in Ulduar which lend you to believe they too, had come about as a separate race from Trolls when the Titans or perhaps the Titans lent a hand in their evolution. The Curse of Flesh was something that effected Titan creations after the Titans had left.