Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not sure if anyone thought about this regarding old raids.

But I was just thinking about how Blizzard makes thus content, and it's never really seen again after the expansion, and some eventually become harder to find groups for.

So all the raids no longer irrelevant, instead of redoing them and adding new gear like some have suggested, what about a scaled version in CoT to explain why they're around again?

Also, as for gear, just add replica items for people, so it doesn't feel like you HAVE to do it.

Also, if its not difficult for them to scale, they wouldn't have to rework anything, just keep it at normal mode difficulty.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:40 AM ----------

No longer relevant, not irrelevant.

Blizz has said they are interested in using the tech for challenge modes to do this, but want to hold off on that until they have a good incentive system for it.

I'd have to say;
    1. LFR mode old raids are leveling raids, staggering up with the tiers; for example, Karazhan is level 70-73, Mag/Gruul's 71-74, SSC/TK 74-77, BT 76-79, SW 77-80.
    2. Explorable mode raids which are specifically geared for soloing at max level.

I'm just making random suggestions for old raids, really.

Deleted
    I can bet that blizzard will do something with these raids some day - we got thirteen tiers of past raid content. That's assload of content, which is already there in game, all it needs is just number tweaking & maybe some high res textures for gear.

Leveling LFR for 10-man groups, to make queues faster, proving grounds for solo content, challenge modes with normalized ilvl in place...many many ideas. Using challenge mode tech they can even make us feel like it's TBC again, standing there in TK with 24 other players, scaled back to level 70 and Tier 5 gear...and our goal is to clear the instance in under 30 minutes

People still do this, there are level 60, 70, 80 and even 85 twink guilds on all realms. But making such twink can take lots of player time resources, with some Blizzard work we can as well use our main characters for this stuff, perhaps even at old rules with LK 25HC dropping Invincible 100% of a time, but only when fought properly If we wish to ofc, if one wants just transmog gear they can powerface through original instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think that's a good idea, that will also help new players to be able to see and experience old content and will help some people remenber some good old times (I'm not saying that now is bad)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people are so Uncle Rico about old content. Let it go. Blizz has said many times before that their main focus is new content, not revamping old stuff (which they obviously still do, anyway, in some small ways).
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Actually, I like them how they are now. For me, it's fun to go to the old raids and see how my power as grown, sometimes I had little challenges to my own solo runs.

Also, Transmog runs are still done by many players.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    I don't understand why people are so Uncle Rico about old content. Let it go. Blizz has said many times before that their main focus is new content, not revamping old stuff (which they obviously still do, anyway, in some small ways).
    Some people are very find of the old content, even to this day. There are literally millions of people who never saw the content as "current" and it would be a good chance to see how the game was back in the day.

I'm not saying to stop new content, or slow it down for this, or to even revamp this content, all I'm saying is to tweak some numbers, and utilize content that was created, and still exists, so it doesn't sit there and rot away.

I find the amount of rehashing to be pretty silly, but that's not what this is about, it's about leaving the content as is, with the exception of numbers, and don't make it a part f any type of progression aside from pure cosmetic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As scenarions improve, I can see a lot of old content being used for that situation and making leveling a better experience. What I mean is extending scenarios to lower levels. This would help with queues for starters. LilSaihah first suggestion goes along with this quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So all that old gear is already "replica" gear you can use for transmog. If nobody wants to do it when it's super easy that you can solo it or with a small group, what makes you think people will want to do it when it's scaled up and requires a full raid?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'd have to say;
    1. LFR mode old raids are leveling raids, staggering up with the tiers; for example, Karazhan is level 70-73, Mag/Gruul's 71-74, SSC/TK 74-77, BT 76-79, SW 77-80.
    2. Explorable mode raids which are specifically geared for soloing at max level.

I'm just making random suggestions for old raids, really.
    Imo this would be near perfect if the level ranges were expanded even if they crossed over between them. Otherwise queues would be obnoxiously long.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So all that old gear is already "replica" gear you can use for transmog. If nobody wants to do it when it's super easy that you can solo it or with a small group, what makes you think people will want to do it when it's scaled up and requires a full raid?
    Because I know I'm not the only person that finds solo content to be boring, and would much rather do any content that involves a group.

On my Paladin, there have been very few things I could not solo, but after a while, I always found it so boring. I would make it half way through MC, and just zone out because it wasn't the same.

On my Shaman, me and 3 other friends cleared every Vanilla and BC raid, and Naxx25 in a night, and we had a great time.

Now, I only solo bosses that have a specific item, otherwise I skip everything I can.

If I was given the chance to run any raid I wanted for replica items, or even a recolor of a tier set, I would do it in a second.

I also think that people are still missing the original point, this isn't about rehashing content, and calling it new content, this is about bringing back what made this game what it is today, whether or not people want to admit it, it was Vanilla and BC raiding that kept this game so popular, and in top of that, the great raids after those expansions such as Ulduar, and ICC.

So again, if there was a way to throw it in CoT, it could be like going back and reliving memories of the past, and that could explain why there is a level 90 Version of the Lich King, or even Nefarion.

CoT was such an amazing concept, knowing we can go back in time and relive events from Azeroths history, so why not fully utilize that, along with old raid content, and relive raids that we not as just characters, but as actual players got to witness.

I know it won't be exactly the same as back then, but it would be awesome to even sit in BWL or BT again from time to time with level appropriate mechanics, and attempting to take down a boss again.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing stopping you from xp capping at 60 and progressing through those raids. People already do this for the Ulduar achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Explorable mode raids which are specifically geared for soloing at max level.
    That sounds AMAZING. I would love to go back and do single player versions of old raids. If they ever do implement the Proving Grounds feature, I hope they include raids like ICC, Kara, and Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from xp capping at 60 and progressing through those raids. People already do this for the Ulduar achievement.
    Because you have to in order to do Ulduar.

There is nothing stopping you from only doing raids in ress sickness buff for extra challenge, people don't do it because there is no point.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Also, if its not difficult for them to scale, they wouldn't have to rework anything, just keep it at normal mode difficulty.
    It depends on what you ideally want out of such a system. Experience the old raids the way they used to be? This will not happen because the character power we have at a given level can be more than five times what it used to be back in the days. In many cases the encounters have also been nerfed and they are balanced around the way our abilities used to be.

Unless you want to tune every raid all over again, you're looking at an experience that is in many cases easier than doing the level 90 5-man heroics is.

Deleted
    Here's how I'd do it.

Make a new Faction. Disciples of Chronormu or something.

Leave all old-content raids as they are. However, copy and paste all of them into the Caverns of Time somehow, and re-balance them all for 10-men (at their original level. Which means only Classic and TBC raids need adjusting). 3-day lockouts, but trash doesn't respawn to help speed things up.

You, and nine buddies go to the Caverns of Time, and select the level 60 era. (There's also 70, 80 and 85 eras) You all get scaled to level 60 stats (but keep abilities) and get issued with a set of level 60 pre-raid blues (as you no longer fulfil the level requirements for your current gear). You then enter Molten Core.

Every boss in MC drops a loot bag for each character. Each has a chance of containing a piece of loot (from their original loot tables, but always class specific, and biased but not always spec-specific. This will require Tier sets for DKs and Monks), or gold, or something else. Therefore, as you progress through Molten Core, you start to gear up. It may take a few runs to get fully geared enough to take down Rag.

Once you're geared enough, you can move on to BWL, where you get more gear. Ditto Naxx and AQ40.

Killing bosses gains reputation with the Disciples of Chronormu

At any point, you can turn in your new-found old-school epics to a Disciples of Chronormu representative for points. Grains of History or something bronze-dragonflighty. Loot from harder raids in each era grant more Grains. Grains can be spent on max-level items for your character back in the present era. Obviously trading in old epics you've replaced with new ones is a no-brainer. But the highest-tier items reward more grains, so you have to balance grains and ability to run that tier effectively. You can also keep the epics for transmog purposes.
    Last edited by mmocb942b230af; 2013-01-08 at 01:01 PM.

What the heck? I am very happy i have not to set my feet in all the older raids.

Stop giving blizzard the impression that we like our old raids revamped, just to cry "Blizzard lazy bastard just reuising old stuff" when they did it.

Challenge mode tech would be excellent for old raids. Throw in a ton of leaderboards (per boss and total) and stats, and that is all the incentive some people need.

As someone who goes into old raids with friends just to transmog items... this would be icing on the cake.