Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Most of the comments above have been in reference to rejueve blanketing / old cata playstyles (even though rejuve blanketing wasn't viable in cata, but oh well...). So I thought I would chime in on ways he could improve his mana efficiency and also so you can check if he is doing them I guess.

1. Rejuvenation overhealing does seem relatively high compared to the majority of other logs I have checked, granted they were top 50 druids, but their overhealing done was around 15-20% rather than 36% on your longest try.

2. His problems with mana do not necesarily stem from rejueve spamming in night phase, perhaps he is trying too hard to heal tsulong when he does not have the bathed in light buff, generally using rejuves / HT / Regrowth without the buff is too much mana to waste. He should wait for the buff before healing the boss while keeping lifebloom up. Also another option for him to look into is specing for Soul of the forest, which is particularly effective on this fight and I have found it to be > Incarnation both throughput and mana conservation wise. Basically as he receives bathed in light, he casts regrowth > Swiftmend > Rejuve > Regrowth , giving him buffed regrowth hot, buffed lifebloom, buffed rejuve with 50% extra haste and the final buffed growth, and letting the lifebloom tick to full duration and bloom without overwriting. This would possibly lower lifebloom uptime, but give a massive bonus to his overall healing. Also SoTF gives buffed WG's throughout the fight which is a massive bonus in night phase.

3. Lifebloom up-time is far too low, even with soul of the forest it should realistically be 95%+ and that's accounting for possible fears etc (which he can avoid by moving 30 yard from the adds, 30 yard range on fear, 60 yard range on sun breath)

4. Someone above mentioned using tranquility during a buffed sun breath phase, in my opinion it's just not worth it. He should use tranqs in the Night phase to limit the amount of rejuve's he is outputting and generally have an easier time healing.

5. He missed 1-2 Sun breaths per fight. Again possibly because of fears, but they are avoidable.

6. Finally his swiftmend usage is to low for the length of the fight (will be particularly important to use if he decides to take SoTF)

Hope this helped a bit
    Last edited by mmocceb9783085; 2013-01-08 at 06:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    Also ask your rdruid to give symbiosis on your spriest to have one extra traq in case you need more healing.
    I'm completely against this. Shadow priest tranquility heals for about 10k per player. That's it. In a 25man, it heals in total for about 300k (across the entire raid). <3% of their entire health. They could probably heal almost as much with their own offhealing cooldowns (and still be DPSing while they do it), and if you have a shaman, spiritwalker's grace is going to give more throughput than a shadow priest tranq ever will.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 08:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    4. Someone above mentioned using tranquility during a buffed sun breath phase, in my opinion it's just not worth it. He should use tranqs in the Night phase to limit the amount of rejuve's he is outputting and generally have an easier time healing.
    Day phase is what, 2 minutes long? At least? And tranq is on a 3minute cooldown? You can probably fit one of those (if not more) into day phase without hurting yourself too much at night.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I'm totally against using tranq in sun phase. Tranq should be used to save mana in the night phase so you can spam more out in sun phase. Actually I generally use it at the very start of night phase coming out of day. That we we can let the raid dip a little before hand and throw as many bomb heals on the boss as possible and it lets us chill out and gather some mana going into the next phase.

IMO if your trying to tranq for numbers with a breath your doing it wrong since majority of the healing is on the group and the group only need very minimal heals during that phase. were as healing the boss is the same as dpsing the boss. I don't see any reason not to 3 heal that fight its less chance of disaster if somebody messes up and it doesn't cost you any time on the boss because heals = dps.

Deleted
    Sunfyre i think you did't read the entire topic the reason i suggest giving traq to spriest is simply because the rdruid is failing to 2man heal and they lack dps . By giving that cd it can be a lifesaver in 10man no matter how small healing it does. I am trying to find ways to help that raid with what they have .
    Spiritwalker helping the rdruid? How exactly while moving to the beam ? he can cast spells? he can even place mushrooms and save mana while going to the beam (night phase) .
    Spiritwalker is good for certain fights not all fights and still dont understand how spiritwalker can improve the druid who is going oomed and especially his output.
    By the way taking from our logs our spriest did 339.203 healing casting 1 traq in 25man stone heroic divided by 12 hit targets makes 28.3k healing per person not the greatest output as you correct mentioned but an extra cd in case of wiping.

Best scenario for extra healing if we discuss the tsulong phase have the boomkin spec heart of wild and let him spam the boss with healing touch when he is not busy with adds he can even preblanket whole raid so the 2 healers can heal the boss only without worrying about healing the raid also at that time .
    There are different options to help with healing just have to use the abilities of your raid setup.
    Last edited by mmoc09a309d1ff; 2013-01-09 at 03:00 AM.

He's horrible at keeping Lifebloom up, he's not using it right when he is in tree form, doesn't use Omen of Clarity procs, is about 300 haste over cap, reforges like a spack, wrong gem, overuse of rejuv, etc etc etc.

I was doing ~130k hps on this fight today on normal, with 5 ilvls less then him.

Tell him to learn his class or you should really just find yourself a new healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apostoloss View Post
    Sunfyre i think you did't read the entire topic the reason i suggest giving traq to spriest is simply because the rdruid is failing to 2man heal and they lack dps . By giving that cd it can be a lifesaver in 10man no matter how small healing it does. I am trying to find ways to help that raid with what they have .
    Spiritwalker helping the rdruid? How exactly while moving to the beam ? he can cast spells? he can even place mushrooms and save mana while going to the beam (night phase) .
    Spiritwalker is good for certain fights not all fights and still dont understand how spiritwalker can improve the druid who is going oomed and especially his output.
    By the way taking from our logs our spriest did 339.203 healing casting 1 traq in 25man stone heroic divided by 12 hit targets makes 28.3k healing per person not the greatest output as you correct mentioned but an extra cd in case of wiping.

Best scenario for extra healing if we discuss the tsulong phase have the boomkin spec heart of wild and let him spam the boss with healing touch when he is not busy with adds he can even preblanket whole raid so the 2 healers can heal the boss only without worrying about healing the raid also at that time .
    There are different options to help with healing just have to use the abilities of your raid setup.
    I read the entire topic, and if you need to rely on 28k healing from a shadowpriest's tranq, something is horribly wrong. It's a really bad red herring of a symbiosis.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Btw, the other 2 heals is horrible too if you were to point finger..

Here's some tips.

1) Healing is a team work...
    2) Rdruid is famous for Overhealing...but having mana issue..errr...
    3) Comparing a Disc vs Rdruid..you kidding?
    --snip--
    6) It's the tanks positioning fault as well, getting feared, blame the tank.

Someone is trying to get help, no need to insult them. Please stay on topic.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-01-09 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Day phase is what, 2 minutes long? At least? And tranq is on a 3minute cooldown? You can probably fit one of those (if not more) into day phase without hurting yourself too much at night.
    His problem is with mana not necessarily throughput, using a cd he could otherwise use to limit his mana wastage through rejuves on the night phase far outweighs the benefits of a tranq, not to mention if your unlucky enough during a day phase your tranq can be cut short by a fear and when it comes to his problem with overhealing. How will a tranq help when it will only heal 1 target fully and the rest of the raid very slightly benefit him at all? The problem wasn't with overall healing it was just mana.
    Last edited by mmocceb9783085; 2013-01-09 at 04:07 PM.

Protectors: LB uptime is low, Harmony uptime was low too - and worse - he tranq'd without harmony up. Only used Tree of Life and Tranq once in a 7:55 min fight (should've used at least twice), first time early as a mana conserve and second time as a healing cd. His own innervate usage was good though. Also, his using WAY too much Wild Growth, seems to be doing it on CD (cata style). Can't do that no more, gotta use it wisely. More swiftmends, less WGs. You can show him my log on elite protectors yesterday (75k hps http://worldoflogs.com/reports/cg1ym...ne/?s=40&e=457).

Also, get rid of Glyph of Rejuvenation and stop using nourish. Its a shitty spell. This is THE class you SHOULD NOT always be casting. Toss hots when needed / won't go to much waste and regrowth (glyph'd) more to cover burst.

Tsulong: the way I do, I pop tranq during night phase as a way to counter the damage and help keep mana in check. During day phase, keep our combo LB+rejuv rolling on tsulong and heal raid. When he does breath then to nuts on him for the duration of the buff. I usually do NS+HT on first and Tree of Life with insta regrowth spam during buff. Also, for EVERY breath I always time it so I have 2 globals at the endd to refresh Rejuv and LB (to make sure they are affected by the buff even after the breath buff is up). Also, I let LB bloom right after that so I get that big LB buffed bloom heal. Not 100% sure though if hots casted during buff stay buffed for their entire duration, but I think it does and usually Rejuv is my top heal on that fight with Regrowth (logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...e/?s=530&e=961)
    Last edited by land; 2013-01-09 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Addded info about Tsulong.

Just a note if you use Tranq. early (Within first 2 minutes) you can manage to get 3 off in 8 minutes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does life cocoon increase a druid's hots as well?Sorry about being offtopic.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Does life cocoon increase a druid's hots as well?Sorry about being offtopic.
    As far as I know, yes.