Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    You're a fool for thinking that in any way I said monk isn't OP. I reiterate myself, monk is OP on PTR because of the collective buffs, not because of a mere Ring of Peace. And as I've repeatedly stated myself, the real devil in the making is disguised under our new Mastery which is scaling out of hand. You're the wall that constructive people who actually TEST the PTR and know what is OP and what is not aren't getting into. Don't get 2nd hand info, play the class be on the providing and receiving end then you will see things in clearer light.

Merely crying for Ring of Peace being nerfed doesn't solve the OP problem, cause people will just substitute it with Leg Sweep and pressure people more with the insane Tigereye Brew damage increase.
    This, so much this. Ring of Peace's only advantage over Leg Sweep is that you can cast it at range and pressure hunters and casters. Beyond that, 20 yard Paralysis and Leg Sweep is an absolutely devastating combination.

Frankly, the 20 yard (physical) Paralysis, the free ToK and Tiger Lust, the Trinket, the new mastery, and the improved level 30 talents have led to far more wins than Ring of Peace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This, so much this. Ring of Peace's only advantage over Leg Sweep is that you can cast it at range and pressure hunters and casters. Beyond that, 20 yard Paralysis and Leg Sweep is an absolutely devastating combination.

Frankly, the 20 yard (physical) Paralysis, the free ToK and Tiger Lust, the Trinket, the new mastery, and the improved level 30 talents have led to far more wins than Ring of Peace.

to be honest the best thing about ring of peace at the moment is that no one knows what it is. doing random BGs i see so many people run into big groups of team mates with ring of peace because they dont know what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidori View Post
    They're unkillable on the ptr.
    I knew it wouldnt take Blizzard long to make Monks into DKs 2.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    [/COLOR]so i just made a rogue on ptr, never played a rogue at 90 before, and dont know that much about the class, so my gems / talents are probably wrong, but getting 80k ambush and 40-50k backstab crits (crits often) against most players unless they have some sort of defensive buff up. damage does indeed seem very high from playing one, but i die very easy, unless the rogue has a healer sitting behind them, they go down very fast. not sure if its just me been playing them badly but i noticed most the other rogues went down pretty quick when attacked, but i really think the damage needs to be toned down a little bit. not done arena yet, this is just from BGs and im picking people off and dropping them like flies.
    Since you've said that backstab crits often i've done some tests on the ptr and:
    With gear full crit i reach like 25% crit chance, and on 100 backstab done at the dummy 26 was crit, dont seems so often compared in cata with like 80% crit chance.

Then i regemmed full agy (gained 3k ap and lost 3% crit more or less) popped trinket (bleed on target up) and done some backstab, best crit was 56k (dummy with 0 resi)
    Always on dummy i've done 111k ambush with trinket up and bleed on target and 135k eviscerate, that took me 3 shadowdance because of unlucky rng.

So...or i've something wrong on ptr or you're really lucky with rng or well you know...

Too much dmg overall for every class, imho they should make resi scale alot better
    Last edited by mmoc5ef7cfa017; 2013-01-08 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Since you've said that backstab crits often i've done some tests on the ptr and:
    With gear full crit i reach like 25% crit chance, and on 100 backstab done at the dummy 26 was crit, dont seems so often compared in cata with like 80% crit chance.

Then i regemmed full agy (gained 3k ap and lost 3% crit more or less) popped trinket (bleed on target up) and done some backstab, best crit was 56k (dummy with 0 resi)
    Always on dummy i've done 111k ambush with trinket up and bleed on target and 135k eviscerate, that took me 3 shadowdance because of unlucky rng.

So...or i've something wrong on ptr or you're really lucky with rng or well you know...

can you try it in pvp? i just did some more testing and im hitting about what i said earlier, maybe its because of all the debuffs on targets but i tried against combat dummy and there wasnt much difference in damage. maybe ive got too much pvp power i dont know. but against basically every class aside from mage and priest im nearly killing them while they're stunned/silenced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can you try it in pvp? i just did some more testing and im hitting about what i said earlier, maybe its because of all the debuffs on targets but i tried against combat dummy and there wasnt much difference in damage. maybe ive got too much pvp power i dont know. but against basically every class aside from mage and priest im nearly killing them while they're stunned/silenced
    If i try in pvp it would be less, or more just because of others debuff, but tried today feral drood, and with cds up i can spam literally 110k ravage (without trinket up and 0 gems).
    feral drood crit is like 30%, and dot crit for 20k (always on dummy)

A mage dueled me just for see how much burst he can do, and im died (cat form) in 5 sec, low resi maybe 59%, its anyway too much

I bet if i try warrior is the same thing.

Ppl cant complain for rogue dmg being too high, because every class (not spec) have too high burst .

Anyway u're in which server? maybe we could test something together

Monks are already really good on live (aside from a few small problems), its just that most people don't know how to play them very well. With the changes in 5.2 I am willing to bet that they will become more Op than any other class.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-01-08 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Monks are already really good on live (aside from a few small problems), its just that most people don't know how to play them very well. With the changes in 5.2 I am willing to bet that they will become more Op than any other class.
    I agree with you, when monks know how to counter other classes/specs they are indeed strong, in arenas with the right team (3v3 healer/ww/spriest) it works out really well.

Also like you said we need some quality of life changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darKaiK View Post
    I agree with you, when monks know how to counter other classes/specs they are indeed strong, in arenas with the right team (3v3 healer/ww/spriest) it works out really well.

Also like you said we need some quality of life changes.
    Monks are doing okay, I just want a cc breaker and maybe a dot remover and keep my bubble from getting dispelled and I will be happy. 1956(rbgs) on my Mistweaver so so far my spec has not been holding me back, if anything starting late in the game is holding me back gear wise. Now I can actually see people wanting to bring ww monks, I mean a good amount of damage, a aoe silence/disarm and if anything gets under 20% life they will die plus a believe they have the ms debuff. Will be very nice on flag carrying maps.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    @Teriz plz dont use word "stunlock" it doesnt exist anymore, you were stunned for 6 sec max, and btw u're ele shaman as you said, i think u can only kill retry paladin speaking of melee.
    4 sec cheap 3 second kidney 4 sec paralysis. It still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I feel like its more of an issue of people thinking they should just fall over without having to know anything about the class like they do on live and freak out when they don't.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 08:00 AM ----------

Ring of peace.
    I played WW monk since it came out, and pretty much know what they're capable of, but right now they're just too good. Their burst is just insane now because of mastery, and because of how quickly they build up Tigerseye Brew now (at double the speed) combined with the untrinketable ring of peace, 36k FoFs per second + stun and the stupid amount healing spheres AND CHI WAVES heal for (around the 10-15k per tickx5) they just can't die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Paralysis is not a stun.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Really don't think Ring of Peace is intended to be castable on others. Otherwise people will always cry about something so /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    U cant coordinate a stun "lock" with paralysis, is pure rng, and not all rogue have it