Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBolt View Post
    Depends. For the PvP? Heck no.

For PvE? It's basically WoW Raids but in Space!

Thing is, Aside from 16 man NiM EC most of the PvE is a bit easy for us hardcore raiders. The 16 man NiM tanks and Kephess are tough (still haven't downed NiM 16 man Kephess) but everything else is no where near 25 man Heroic Lich King. Well, not without a 30% buff anyways
    I'd just like to mention that so far, each Raid has been an improvement in terms of difficulty. I think with Asation NM we'll see another level building on top of Explosive Conflict NM which most probably will wield next tier gear (65). They started very easy and are now on a level where (I hope) they have enough experience to give some interesting and challenging content.

I understand that people tend to want more bosses, however if I rembember for example in EQ2 Veeshans Peak with 3 wings for a total of around 10 bosses... only 2 bosses were a real challenge. Nexona and Silverwing from which Nexona was harder (having the hardest boss in the first of three wings... was not very popular). As I didn't play WoW, I'm not familiar how the difficulty is increasing / if you can choose to do one mob before the other one or vice versa... but at least I don't have locked content where as bosses would be so bugged so they'd be unbeatable or locked as in "locked" and to be released at some point in the future.

Another big plus for me is the smaller amount of people required (EQ2 had 12/ 24man raids) but with it comes more responsibility for each person.

10+ Year Old Account

Raid Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I'd just like to mention that so far, each Raid has been an improvement in terms of difficulty. I think with Asation NM we'll see another level building on top of Explosive Conflict NM which most probably will wield next tier gear (65). They started very easy and are now on a level where (I hope) they have enough experience to give some interesting and challenging content.

I understand that people tend to want more bosses, however if I rembember for example in EQ2 Veeshans Peak with 3 wings for a total of around 10 bosses... only 2 bosses were a real challenge. Nexona and Silverwing from which Nexona was harder (having the hardest boss in the first of three wings... was not very popular). As I didn't play WoW, I'm not familiar how the difficulty is increasing / if you can choose to do one mob before the other one or vice versa... but at least I don't have locked content where as bosses would be so bugged so they'd be unbeatable or locked as in "locked" and to be released at some point in the future.

Another big plus for me is the smaller amount of people required (EQ2 had 12/ 24man raids) but with it comes more responsibility for each person.
    I'll sum up my annoyance: I like SUPER HARD bosses.

The only Super Hard bosses so far have been in NiM EC SIXTEEN MAN. My guild had to disband and merge with another raiding guild because we were'nt getting a challenge out of 8 mans. In WoW the 10/25 man difference was there, but it wasn't really that big on most fights. If SWTOR keeps this up, HM 16 mans will be the same as Nightmare 8 man and Nightmare 16 mans will be.... like Super-Nightmare 8 mans. Thing is, I prefer 8 mans over 16 mans and dislike being shafted by whoever tunes their Operations. I used Heroic LK as an example because that was a fight that pretty much everyone agreed was significantly harder on 25 man than 10 man.

It's free! FREE for Christ sake. Check it out your self and see if you like it. If you do, go for it, if you don't - uninstall!

Quote Originally Posted by aistee View Post
    It's free! FREE for Christ sake. Check it out your self and see if you like it. If you do, go for it, if you don't - uninstall!
    If you check it out as F2P and don't cave into subscribing you will cancel though.

As F2P you barely get the bare minimum. If you are used to ANY other mmo, including all other F2Ps, you'll barely consider it playing as a F2P account (and preferred)

If FREE is what amazes you, you'll get a lot more for free from anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    If you check it out as F2P and don't cave into subscribing you will cancel though.
    I haven't. I've had it installed since the transition and don't have any plans to quit. I'm leveling at a snails pace, playing maybe once a week or so, but that's all I'm looking for out of the game right now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I haven't. I've had it installed since the transition and don't have any plans to quit. I'm leveling at a snails pace, playing maybe once a week or so, but that's all I'm looking for out of the game right now.
    I would spend your $5 and then pretend it works like GW2 from here on out. It's always going to be there to complete the quests, so no point regretting $5.00. Most of us paid far more than that to get to the same point you will be.

Pretty damned sad if you ask me. Shitty way to treat previous customers.

Closing this because it's sort of a pointless thread. There are plenty of threads that talk about the state of the game and what it's like to make a choice that someone can only really make for them self anyway.