Deleted

The gear in 5.2 will work a bit differently... ??

Hey GC, do you think you'll lower the rating requirements for PvP elite gear in 5.2?

"The gear in 5.2 will work a bit differently. We'll explain it all soon."
    -Ghostcrawler

"And no, this isn't "dumbing it down" or "making it too easy" - the 2200 rating requirement was implemented when there was far more activity (read: MORE INFLATION) and the goal has become far more difficult to reach RELATIVE TO ACTIVITY."
    -Tosan

"I think you'll be interested in what we have to say in an upcoming blog on the subject of PvP."

-Daxxari in reply to Tosan's statement

What do you guys think they are going to change about the way PvP and the elite gear is going to work??

I'd like to hear you guys' thoughts.

My guess is that they won't change the requirements for T2 weapons and the transmog sets. The new MMR system will inflate (for lack of a better word) active team ratings. What could be a 1900 team this season could be pushing 2200 in 5.2 if they continue playing, getting better gear, and trying to improve themselves.

At least that's how I interpret GC's PvP blog.

With people pushing higher ratings though, you could see a return of rating attached to conquest gear. 2000 rating may become the new 1600 rating. They could do this to try and boost rated PvP activity. But that may just be my wishful thinking because I miss how gear worked in Wrath.
    Last edited by Hanson71; 2013-01-08 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson71 View Post
    My guess is that they won't change the requirements for T2 weapons and the transmog sets. The new MMR system will inflate (for lack of a better word) active team ratings. What could be a 1900 team this season could be pushing 2200 in 5.2 if they continue playing, getting better gear, and trying to improve themselves.

At least that's how I interpret GC's PvP blog.

With people pushing higher ratings though, you could see a return of rating attached to conquest gear. 2000 rating may become the new 1600 rating. They could do this to try and boost rated PvP activity. But that may just be my wishful thinking because I miss how gear worked in Wrath.
    The way gear worked in wrath was abysmal. I remember trying to gear up an alt back then and simply giving up eventually. Yes I did start fairly late but even at low ratings when stepping into the Arena you were running into people with shadowmourne and full gear while the best gear available to yourself was the gear from two seasons ago with some pieces of last season mixed into it.

I know what I did to those people with my main and I know what happened to my alt. It was a horrible design, I eventually took to grinding ICC to get gear and went full PvE and sadly enough it worked better then the old PvP gear did. I died fast, but so did my opponents.

Well with the requirements of Wrath for gear, and a new MMR system... it probably won't be that bad.

A 1500 caliber team could very well be pushing 1800 in 5.2. That's all but 2-3 pieces of conquest gear. Most people are better than 1500 (arena) rated, and could very well push 2200. If Blizzard pulls it off right, people that put in effort (at lower levels) will reflect on their team rating and will eventually get all of the conquest gear. This would hopefully stimulate brackets while giving people a sense of progression in PvP. All while hitting no walls because of gear.

Perhaps something as simple as X rating will have a cost reduction in said piece of gear. This would allow a catch up mechanism that many people would want.

Either way, I'm putting my money on rating being attached to (more) pieces of gear. Some way or another.