Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post

The 'fix' to this shouldn't affect people at 90 doing end-game content, though (I hope).
    I hope you weren't insinuating that Blizzard should refrain from fixing this because it's not level 90.

What if some top guilds used a level 80 paladin to do 4 million DPS for them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    I hope you weren't insinuating that Blizzard should refrain from fixing this because it's not level 90.

What if some top guilds used a level 80 paladin to do 4 million DPS for them?
    Stop lvl 80's from entering lvl 90 raids. Instead Blizzard WILL nerf the shit out of vengeance and fuck up Prot Paladins, trust me, they are incompetent at fixing problems.

Deleted
    or you know, they will probably fix the broken vengeance formula so it works properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    or you know, they will probably fix the broken vengeance formula so it works properly?
    This.

It is ridiculous how 80 paladin tanks can do this amount of DPS in MoP blues, no matter what you do, it should not be possible, also, I'm quite sure top guild cant take a 80 tank with them because they'll get blown to pieces in one hit, maybe with ardent defender, but then the vengeance wont count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    This.

It is ridiculous how 80 paladin tanks can do this amount of DPS in MoP blues, no matter what you do, it should not be possible, also, I'm quite sure top guild cant take a 80 tank with them because they'll get blown to pieces in one hit, maybe with ardent defender, but then the vengeance wont count.
    I'm not sure what you mean by your 'also' bit....did you not see the lvl 80 pally solo them bosses (....not getting blown to pieces at all: sacred shield ftw).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Hardly. What I'm insinuating is that the problem is specifically with lower-than-max level characters.

The Vengeance formula is fine. The problem is more with level 80 characters exploiting stat values that they really shouldn't be allowed to reach.

If this bug can be replicated by a level 90 character, then there might be a problem with our mastery. But if it's not possible for a level 90 to do, then the issue is with stat scaling for lower level characters.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think vengeance formula is the problem, unless you mean vengeance formula for level 80. The problem is stupid good scaling at the max level of previous expansions. Hence the advent of 70/80/85 twinks in BGs.

Deleted
    Both yes and no. Stupid scaling could still be a problem, its still the error that occurs due to the delay between a hit being taken and a damage reduction being applied that causes the solos to be possible. Basically, if you take a 100k hit, but apply a 50% damage reduction at the correct moment, the server thinks you take a 200k hit. The problem arrives when you got 100%+ damage reduction, then the server thinks you took a hit for 387698569934768946 and gives you millions of attack power even though you should only have a few k. This is what gives the paladins sacred shield over a million damage absorbed + the insane hits. Which is of course a bug. Fix that and level 80 paladins would have the exact vengeance as they should have, and they wont be able to dish out the insane damage again, and for sure wont be the same in pvp where they can one shot level 90's.

I think both fix the scaling a bit but also try to fix the bug that occurs when calculating vengeance with high damage reduction.
    As this could possibly be abused with a level 90 in the last tier of this expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-01-07 at 10:09 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUll...ature=youtu.be

The only question I have is, what's the swing timer addon that shows all the swing timers of the adds?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    brb leveling paladin again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    He also got Feng down to 18%

I am so twinking a Paladin.
    been fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    been fixed
    Any proof of that?

I didn't think Blizzard would fix this stuff if they had just kept to 80-85 bosses, but now that they solo'd stone guard (allegedly) I kinda support a nerf on it. It's really not right that current content can be solod, regardless of the class/level/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Any proof of that?

I didn't think Blizzard would fix this stuff if they had just kept to 80-85 bosses, but now that they solo'd stone guard (allegedly) I kinda support a nerf on it. It's really not right that current content can be solod, regardless of the class/level/whatever.
    was a sneaky hot fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    It's fixed, vengeance caps at Max HP. Expect a better fix later. Whee!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Vaults/page16

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUll...ature=youtu.be

The only question I have is, what's the swing timer addon that shows all the swing timers of the adds?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bossswingtimer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    was a sneaky hot fix
    Blue post to sneaky hotfix?

I'll be grabbing that one, thanks for the tip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Blue post to sneaky hotfix?
    only have unoffical notes sry, got this info from 80 twink tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    See GC's tweet on the matter.

Also, there have been some stating in the linked General Discussions thread that Vengeance AP is indeed capped at your max HP.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Either people are using the wrong term or I'm misunderstanding. People keep going on about the "Avoidance cap" and then relate that to mastery. Sorry what? You know it's a 2 tier system now so for an Avoidance Cap your parry + dodge + 5 must be 102.4% for a boss level target.

If 2492 mastery grants 100% block (which I don't think it does) that's still not avoidance, and if it gives you 100% SHOTR reduction, it's still not avoidance. I don't keep up on twinking non max leveled characters so whats the deal with this, am I misunderstanding a term or is a term being abused by those who don't understand the 2 roll system?
    well the problem was actually because of avoidance and mastery.
    you can get avoidance cap at lvl 80 vs bosses. So you never get hit.
    you then stack as much mastery as possible to get the greatest amount of damage reduction.
    because of poor coding with vengeance when you use the damage reduction at the right time, and say the boss hits for 80k, the game will think you have been hit for 80k WITH damage reduction up and so you'll get vengeance as if you've been hit for a billion damage or so. but since you're avoidance capped you're not getting hit anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you then stack as much mastery as possible to get the greatest amount of damage reduction.
    because of poor coding with vengeance when you use the damage reduction at the right time, and say the boss hits for 80k, the game will think you have been hit for 80k WITH damage reduction up and so you'll get vengeance as if you've been hit for a billion damage or so. but since you're avoidance capped you're not getting hit anyways.
    have nothing to do with avoidance, read what splosion said in this thread, he was the guy that found this in the first place.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gu-shan-Vaults

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    So you're saying at lvl 80 you can get parry and dodge equal to 97%? Are you really sure on that? Otherwise, you too don't understand the difference between Avoidance and Mitigation. Because more damage reduction through mastery would be pointless if you're avoidance capped because our mastery does physical damage and you're not being hit anyway as you're parrying and dodging everything, or it's missing you.

I don't know why I bothered typing that because I know it to be wrong. I've read Splosion's bit so I know what the real cause is now and it's pretty enfuriating how in the last year or so, tanking terminology has completely died and people seem to use all the words interchangeably, I still get asked about CTC.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.