Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm utterly baffled about people suggesting a Diablo or Starcraft MMO. First of all this isn't a reliable source in any way. Nothing is confirmed and it contradicts Blizzard.

Bear in mine MMO games use lore, and in the next 3-4 years that lore will be used in Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void and the Diablo expansions. Lore set hundreds of years before and after? Maybe but it's just old and uninteresting when the franchises are already here and developing. I mean you don't see a Warcraft 4 right now do you? Please stop saying it would make sense. It would make zero sense at all :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    I'm utterly baffled about people suggesting a Diablo or Starcraft MMO. First of all this isn't a reliable source in any way. Nothing is confirmed and it contradicts Blizzard.
    That guy called Blizzard's MMO "Titan" before Blizzard even came out with the name. It's very likely that guy is telling the truth. And he didn't suggest a SC MMO. He said a World of Diablo-like MMO and some people think it might be more in the direction of Blackthorne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Bear in mine MMO games use lore, and in the next 3-4 years that lore will be used in Heart of the Swarm, Legacy of the Void and the Diablo expansions. Lore set hundreds of years before and after? Maybe but it's just old and uninteresting when the franchises are already here and developing. I mean you don't see a Warcraft 4 right now do you? Please stop saying it would make sense. It would make zero sense at all :P.
    Development of WoW started in 1999, while they were still working on Warcraft 3. WoW took place a few years after Warcraft 3. That's how it very often is with games. They take place a couple of years after each other. I don't see why that should be a problem.

I still think Blackthorne is more likely, because they would be giving up the RTS genre or the Dungeoncrawler thing if they went with a Diablo or Starcraft MMO.

Whoever this dude is, he's wrong. Maybe he got it right before, I just think he wants his "5 minutes" again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Whoever this dude is, he's wrong. Maybe he got it right before, I just think he wants his "5 minutes" again.
    How do you know he's wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Arrh...stop it already. I can't live without knowing =/
    And then Titan turns out to be a Half Life MMO!

But yes, World of Starcraft seems more likely, it's way easier to come up with unique ideas, Diablo is kind of stuck with fantasy, so any new revolutionary gameplay ideas might not be implemented due to Diablo's hardcore fantasy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The burden of proof is kinda on the guy making the claim.

I knew it was called Titan before Blizz officially announced it too, but that doesn't make me a credible source. Because I'm not, I just found out that tidbit (plus a bit more) long ago and have no further information beyond it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yep, just like a journalist who doesn't release their source is almost never published. Simply because there's no way to prove it. You either give names for fact checking, or you get no credibility. This isn't the dark ages. We aren't going to believe every Nostradomus out there with a keyboard.

Deleted
    How? Should he name the guy he's getting his information from? I'm not saying what he's claiming must be true. I wouldn't bet my money on it. But he still has more credibility than the average Joe.

I knew it was called Titan before Blizz officially announced it too, but that doesn't make me a credible source. Because I'm not, I just found out that tidbit (plus a bit more) long ago and have no further information beyond it.
    And how did you find it out? Because people like him get the information and spread it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yep, just like a journalist who doesn't release their source is almost never published. Simply because there's no way to prove it. You either give names for fact checking, or you get no credibility. This isn't the dark ages. We aren't going to believe every Nostradomus out there with a keyboard.
    That's why we treat it as rumors. But you can still have a feeling about how credible someone is, especially when stuff he has said in the past has turned out to be true.

How do you know he's right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    How do you know he's right?
    I don't.
    /10chars

How? Should he name the guy he's getting his information from? I'm not saying what he's claiming must be true. I wouldn't bet my money on it. But he still has more credibility than the average Joe.
    That's not my problem, that's his. If he wants to be a credible source, he needs to find a way to make himself credible. Too many "anonymous sources" spreading false information (POKEMON RAINBOW...owait) that people latch onto left and right. One instance of being correct doesn't establish any real credibility.

And how did you find it out? Because people like him get the information and spread it.
    Because believe it or not, I had a friend that worked at Blizz some years ago and about 5 or so years ago he told me a bit about the game. That doesn't make me a very credible source though, that just makes me a guy who claims to have an anonymous friend at Blizzard who claims to have insider information about Titan.

How do you know he's not right at the moment and will eventually be wrong because of internal changes made?

Seriously, his legitimacy should not really be in question here, he's proven credible before so I think we should just take a look at the information and understand that it's possibly close to what exists and will probably change some.

I would not even rule out a Warcraft spin-off, because saying it's "not Warcraft" and it's a "spin-off" does not imply "not a Warcraft spin-off." I personally would be fine with either SC or Diablo, but Diablo seems just close enough to Warcraft to not be as exciting as the former.

Would just love to level up a marine or marauder, be able to enhance abilities or jump in bigger and badder mech's, and bathe in space glory.

Deleted
    I'd much rather have a new and original IP than a SC or Diablo MMO. Should that ever happen, Blizzard is only one step away from turning all their franchises into MMOs which would be a shame.

Hell, even WoW 2 would be fine in my eyes, but they should keep Diablo and SC the way those games are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just as likely it'll be Starcraft Ghost (Which was put on hold indefinitely 6 years ago due to lack of tech's etc for development), which the guy also opened up for as potential in his "prediction", it won't be World of Diablocraft.., I'll make that prediction, and you can screenshot that!

That's not my problem, that's his. If he wants to be a credible source, he needs to find a way to make himself credible. Too many "anonymous sources" spreading false information (POKEMON RAINBOW...owait) that people latch onto left and right. One instance of being correct doesn't establish any real credibility.
    He's been right on a couple of occasions, amongst others also the MoP launch date far before any news was released about it (or the "leaked" release slate), in either case I do agree with your statement.., however, you can't deny that you have to give credit on this more then the "Average Joe" due to past "predictions".
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-01-08 at 05:28 PM.

My thought on this.
    The guy is probably real and telling the truth but half of the stuff is him reaching conclusions based on vague information his friend gave him.

Deleted
    One instance of being correct doesn't establish any real credibility.
    I don't think he really cares about what people think of him. That's not the point. The point is, someone who's been right about something like that in the past has earned himself some credibility.

One instance of being correct doesn't establish any real credibility.
    If he was right, it's reasonable to assume he at least at some point had some form of contact to someone inside Blizzard. He doubt he just guessed the name Titan. Does make sense that he would still know someone inside Blizzard. Which to me means I'll take the stuff he says more serious than some unknown guy with no history in that regard.

Because believe it or not, I had a friend that worked at Blizz some years ago and about 5 or so years ago he told me a bit about the game. That doesn't make me a very credible source though, that just makes me a guy who claims to have an anonymous friend at Blizzard who claims to have insider information about Titan.
    Why don't you name your source then?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he was right, it's reasonable to assume he at least at some point had some form of contact to someone inside Blizzard. He doubt he just guessed the name Titan. Does make sense that he would still know someone inside Blizzard. Which to me means I'll take the stuff he says more serious than some unknown guy with no history in that regard.
    So if I randomly guess some things that eventually prove to be true, I have somehow established credibility in your eyes? That's not very good sense of judgment tbh.

Why don't you name your source then?
    I know you did the winky eye, but he doesn't have to reveal a source because he isn't claiming his knowledge to be valid. In fact he goes so far as to discredit himself.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.

edit: 2 things are frequently said by several posters.

1. Blizzard said it's an original IP
    Yes, they did, but this topic is about how someone with an inside source claims, that this is not entirely true. If there wasn't at least something like this as a basis I wouldn't have made this thread. So please read the linked article.

2. Where have they said it's an MMORPG?

Here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?
    I think you are reading way too much into that. First of all it is an "insider source" and even that source says it only "kinda" isn't a new IP. I personally would prefer world of starcraft over a new IP myself but that is link is just about useless.

Deleted
    So if I randomly guess some things that eventually prove to be true, I have somehow established credibility in your eyes? That's not very good sense of judgment tbh.
    So he just guessed the name Titan? He just guessed it, huh?

I know you did the winky eye, but he doesn't have to reveal a source because he isn't claiming his knowledge to be valid. In fact he goes so far as to discredit himself.
    No he doesn't have to. He doesn't have to do anything. But he does say that he knew someone at Blizzard and that he knew that name from this source. So he's definitely claiming his knowledge of back then to be valid, or not? I'm not even sure if he was serious about it or if he just wanted to prove a point. In any case, it's understandable if someone doesn't reveal his source on that kind of thing. Guy at Blizzard would probably get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    I think you are reading way too much into that. First of all it is an "insider source" and even that source says it only "kinda" isn't a new IP. I personally would prefer world of starcraft over a new IP myself but that is link is just about useless.
    But saying it "kinda" isn't a new IP means that it has to be something Blizzard has done at least something with before. Which is why I think Blackthorne is such a good candidate.

Deleted
    What does IP mean in this use? I've never understood the abbrevation.