Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
    I would love to know what font you are using, because i find it really good to read an nicely looking. Thanks!
    Carebear does not like me

Seriously, i would love to know your font :P

Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    I really enjoy some aspects of your UI.

Could you give me a clue what buff addon, map addon, and chat addon you use? I've been looking into dropping ElvUI considering it's very clunky and causes me to get a lot of errors, and your map, chat, and buffs I really like.
    Not that I care but what errors are you getting with ElvUI? You seriously must have done something wrong like download a REALLY outdated version from who knows where, use a ton of addons that conflict or tried to edit the lua and broke it. ElvUI is probably the most updated addon out there and I would bet its 100% user issue if you get a ton of errors if any from it.

10+ Year Old Account

I can help you with that! It's Expressway Free

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Sorry I just didn't see your post! ):

The font as stated above is Expressway Free

Nice, thanks very much you two!

bOOURNS! I followed your post on the ElvUI Forums for the rectangle minimap, do oyu have a summarization of what needs to be changed? I would love to have it too, little lua knowledge is there, but why try to do it over again if you have it finished!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    The font as stated above is Expressway Free
    You got any links to somewhere I can see some different pixel fonts, as mine pointed out by bOOURNS looks for lack of a better phrase, Shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    You got any links to somewhere I can see some different pixel fonts, as mine pointed out by bOOURNS looks for lack of a better phrase, Shitty.
    dafont.com - section pixel/bitmap. There are a lot of them there with the size you should use
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    dafont.com - section pixel/bitmap. There are a lot of them there with the size you should use
    Cheers Coldkil.
    Now to find one.....

Assuming i can just replace the "Elvui pixel" with the one I download from Dafont, put it in the fonts folder and rename it to the same as the elv pixel one?

Checked ElvUI forums, there's a thread on adding/replacing fonts
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Synasthesia View Post
    Any chance at a download? I'm really intrigued about your UI.
    Hum I'll give it a try but I really don't know much about sharing UIs so I really can't guarantee the result. I'll try to get a link up within a few days.

edit:
    here's a DL link for my addons & wtf folders: http://ge.tt/8ZjenwU/v/0?c

After you've renamed the folders in the WTF folder to your account name, server name and character name, use

/reflux switch default
    in game to get the right profiles for most addons.

I think VuhDo won't get the right profile switched so you'll have to select the appropriate profile manually from VuhDo's options menu (profile is BASICUI)

I'm not sure how TellMeWhen manages profiles, all my characters work on the default profile but you'll have to tell me if the different buttons appear correctly or not.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if I can help out somewhere.

Just realized some textures are missing, if you want to add them manually jsut add the addon "Miirgui"
    Last edited by kouby; 2013-01-08 at 03:44 PM.

Cheers Coldkil.
    Now to find one.....

Assuming i can just replace the "Elvui pixel" with the one I download from Dafont, put it in the fonts folder and rename it to the same as the elv pixel one?
    Hey, yes you should be able to replace it, but you can also add it as another font in 2 simple steps:

1. Copy new font, for example new_font.ttf to "World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\media\fonts"
    2. Add a new line in "World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\media\sharedmedia.lua"

LSM:Register("font","New Font", [[Interface\AddOns\ElvUI\media\fonts\new_font.ttf]])

Cheers

Ty Kroni, just got that from Elv forums too, just need to find one I like that is readable in-game

Ugh, this is a pain, I cannot get one that looks nice and is readable

Would UI Scale have a big impact on the fonts, using UI Scale and the slider is at its minimum

Moved UI scale up 1 step, chat is fine, but my frames fonts are all skewed
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-01-08 at 03:07 PM.

Any suggestions to make this cleaned up a bit more? I feel like it's too cluttered because I can't keep a good eye on boss timers full time.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ixemk.jpg

My focal point is generally the center of my screen below my character, e.g. my AB/WA etc.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Any suggestions to make this cleaned up a bit more? I feel like it's too cluttered because I can't keep a good eye on boss timers full time.

My focal point is generally the center of my screen below my character, e.g. my AB/WA etc.
    I see a few different fonts floating around in that, change em all to the same font.
    Make the damage meter the same height and width as the minimap
    Do you need to see the health deficit on your raid frames?
    Whats the M in the corner of half the raid frames for?
    Do you really need omen?
    Move boss timers so they are not being overlapped by target frame buffs or FCT
    Do you need to have FCT showing that much?

Just my view of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post

All personal opinions!

Get Align so that you can make sure everythign is centered or on the same levels.

I would remove the HP defecit numbers on your raid frames. As a warrior you really don't need to see that player X is missing 56.8k hp and it would make that part cleaner.

By the look sof it you keybind as such I would highly recoment removing the gap in your abilities to tigten that up and even hide as much of them as possible ot free up more realestate!

It looks like you are using Raven and I can only assume that the Large greyed out cd's dragon roar, CS, HL etc are there to let you know when you can use them. If you are using raven may I sugest the following instead. Set up a custom bar and set your DPS priority and have only 2-3 icons show up. Have them set in order of when you should use them and have the CD hidden so when they are not available they wont be visible. This will remove allot of clutter as you can focus on what is available and shoul dbe cast > looking all over at whats on cd what comming up etc. You may also want to filter the target debuffs to only the ones you need to keep up, not really sure if you use any of that information (I know personally I don't care that my target has rogue poisons on it or lock dots etc).

I would hide / remove all the incomming healing.. as a war I don't care about the healing #'s I get or what spell it is I just care I'm alive if I die ill look at wol after raid and see wtf happened but I know for sure I wont be able to pay attention to the fight and keep track of all the incommign heals I'm getting! Also I would move your dmg text as it it clipping into your boss timer bar and your target debuffs.

You have grand empress bar and HP and 75% shown 3 times on your screen. I'm going ot guess it is target, boss frame and focus? If it is not and it is 2 boss frames then get rid of one as having the same info in tripple is not needed.

I would aslo ditch Omen looking at your target nameplates you can see that "glitch" has agro and you are far form taking it. This is a much better location than off to the side (where Omen is) to see where you are on threat. however being melee I get you cant alwasy see the name plate so perhaps making omn smaller and placing it under your unit frame would be better? I just can't see it being usefull off to the side away from your focal point.

like I said just personal opinions take it with a grain of salt

I homogenized the add on text, MM/damage size, and reduced the CT's opacity.

I can't disable the health deficit on the RF, I dug through the .lua of ouf_Mono but I can't seem to find the option. I updated it to the latest version so the red M's should disappear.

I have CD timers on the AB, and I glance at them to monitor all the cool downs -- I noticed that and removed the right side of the little Weak Aura hud I created.
    Last edited by Adsertif; 2013-01-08 at 05:02 PM.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

bOOURNS! I followed your post on the ElvUI Forums for the rectangle minimap, do oyu have a summarization of what needs to be changed? I would love to have it too, little lua knowledge is there, but why try to do it over again if you have it finished!

Thanks
    I'll write up more detailed steps and send it to you via PM (not 100% if i would be allowed to just openly talk about ElvUI edits on other forums) and if anyone else wants the steps feel free to PM me as well.

Ty Kroni, just got that from Elv forums too, just need to find one I like that is readable in-game

Ugh, this is a pain, I cannot get one that looks nice and is readable

Would UI Scale have a big impact on the fonts, using UI Scale and the slider is at its minimum

Moved UI scale up 1 step, chat is fine, but my frames fonts are all skewed
    UI scale can change it but generally you'll want to keep it at it's lowest (0.64 scale) changing font sizes in game are what you need to adjust, and is something you will have to adjust to fix on your screen. (font size 8 for Joe Blow on x size screen won't necessarily work for the next guy)

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    I'll write up more detailed steps and send it to you via PM (not 100% if i would be allowed to just openly talk about ElvUI edits on other forums) and if anyone else wants the steps feel free to PM me as well.

UI scale can change it but generally you'll want to keep it at it's lowest (0.64 scale) changing font sizes in game are what you need to adjust, and is something you will have to adjust to fix on your screen. (font size 8 for Joe Blow on x size screen won't necessarily work for the next guy)
    I had it at 0.64, like you said the font was a bit wonky, tried resizing, made it look HORRIBAD.
    Moved slider up 1 space and it seems a bit better, id have to redo the whole layout to make a new font fit, tried a load of other pixel fonts and they all looks kinda lame

Thanks
    I had it at 0.64, like you said the font was a bit wonky, tried resizing, made it look HORRIBAD.
    Moved slider up 1 space and it seems a bit better, id have to redo the whole layout to make a new font fit, tried a load of other pixel fonts and they all looks kinda lame
    Try a font called Mecha, it's what i use and is identical to the one you use except the letters are slightly thinner. It made all the difference as far as sizing for all fonts for me. note you may need to use Mecha at a different size than what you currently use.

Deleted
    Ok, Coldkil.. I need your help

Your UI works perfect except for any of my Monk toons .. once i logged in, they dont have a player Unit Frame and the Target Unit Frame is just the standard Blizz UI Frame.. i downloaded your UI twice, deleted Cache and WTF.. but that doesnt help.. Your UI works perfect on any toon except for my Monk - any Ideas/Fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Try a font called Mecha, it's what i use and is identical to the one you use except the letters are slightly thinner. It made all the difference as far as sizing for all fonts for me. note you may need to use Mecha at a different size than what you currently use.
    What Reso are you using?
    What size do you use for Mecha?
    Just so i have a base to work from