Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

"2 more expansions and then WoW will end" <- rubbish

On these forums I hear many people say things such as:
    - blizzar only evar said that wow would go up to level 100 then it would end!
    - when we fight sargaras then wow will end :O~~
    - thar is only enouf content for 2 more expacs max then wow will end
    - WoW uses an old engine is looking dated so it must end soon

No, no, no, no. What exactly is it you think Blizzard will do? Run out of ideas and close the servers? Do you think they are incapable of upgrading their engine?

"Sorry all 10 million of our subscribers, many of you paying $8.99 per month, we've run out of ideas and are incompetent, go play something else".

Blizzard will continue to invent storyline (like MoP), and continue to make major changes to the game well into the future, even if they "only" have 1 million subscribers left.

There is nothing stopping them moving the entire game to a new engine and carrying across all of their art assets. Or even making a major change such as scrapping the levelling system. Or even making the entire thing more like Guild Wars 2.

WoW will continue on far into the future. I would be surprised if it isn't still going on in 15 years time.

UO is still going strong and look how old that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard anyone seriously believe WoW is going to just end because it hit some arbitrary age/level/boss marker.

It seems like you're creating a debate against claims no one is sincerely making.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

End ? Have you ever heard of http://uo.com/ ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I have never heard anyone seriously believe WoW is going to just end because it hit some arbitrary age/level/boss marker.

It seems like you're creating a debate against claims no one is sincerely making.
    While I've heard the phrase thrown around in the past, equally I have never seen anyone rationally debate that this game will end specifically because it hits a certain level threshold.

Blizzard has no qualms with inventing a bunch of lore on the spot. Look at the draenei backstory.

I agree with Tziva, you are trying to put out a fire which isn't there.

Deleted
    Wouldn't a ton of people lose their jobs if WoW ended, too?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow won't end, it will simply be replaced, by another blizzard game, such as titan. The game has to end sometime, and when it does it does NBD IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    Wow won't end, it will simply be replaced, by another blizzard game, such as titan. The game has to end sometime, and when it does it does NBD IMO.
    Pretty much, any franchise will eventually run out of steam. It doesn't even necessarily mean the people are bad.
    Odds are they'll just boot up another IP, maybe try out some ideas they had but couldnt do, or what have you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will keep going as long as there are players playing and as long as Blizzard is making profit. I'm actually pretty sure Blizzard has actually said this in multiple blue posts.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    On these forums I hear many people say things such as:
    - blizzar only evar said that wow would go up to level 100 then it would end!
    - when we fight sargaras then wow will end :O~~
    - thar is only enouf content for 2 more expacs max then wow will end
    - WoW uses an old engine is looking dated so it must end soon

No, no, no, no. What exactly is it you think Blizzard will do? Run out of ideas and close the servers? Do you think they are incapable of upgrading their engine?

"Sorry all 10 million of our subscribers, many of you paying $8.99 per month, we've run out of ideas and are incompetent, go play something else".

Blizzard will continue to invent storyline (like MoP), and continue to make major changes to the game well into the future, even if they "only" have 1 million subscribers left.

There is nothing stopping them moving the entire game to a new engine and carrying across all of their art assets. Or even making a major change such as scrapping the levelling system. Or even making the entire thing more like Guild Wars 2.

WoW will continue on far into the future. I would be surprised if it isn't still going on in 15 years time.

UO is still going strong and look how old that is.
    and Everquest never was gonna go over level 60.. they are up to level 95 now, and they have been pumped out 19 expansions since 1999. Wow will end when Blizzard decides its no longer profitable to maintain... the level will rise to whatever level they chose.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15 more years? I'd be stunned if it ended that soon honestly. UO has been out for longer than that and they have like .001% of the WoW population.

And yeah anyone that says the level cap has to be 100 is a moron.
    Last edited by Radoria; 2013-01-09 at 12:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I have, actually. You'd be surprised at how impressive the number 100 is to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fail to see how people think the game must end when we hit 100 level cap? You don't need level cap increases for expansions, in the end they are just numbers. There are tons of different ways for them to add some stuff that looks like your characters grows in power without needing to increase the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    As long as people keep playing in great numbers Blizzard won't even be allowed to end WoW. Because lets not forget that WoW is a huge cashcow especially compared to the other MMO's.

MoP has proven 1 thing....the current Blizzard is capable of creating new lore that doesn't feel to awkward and if needed Blizzard will add more lore because it gives them more freedom when designing the world.

However having said that I feel like Azeroth has become to crowded in terms of continents. Not sure if their is room for more ''hidden'' continents (in terms of lore Notherend and Kalmidor where both discovered a short while ago) and personally I find it to big of a stretch to have a hidden continent in the skies.

Deleted
    As long as WoW is profitable, expansions will still roll out !!!

That means that even with a playerbase of 1 millon expansion will be made...

Forget the Max cap lvl 100...

The only people who I've seen that said WoW will end after a few expansions are the nutcases that call MoP "mope".
    Other than that everyone knows WoW will still make expansions as long as people play.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Maximum level currently sustained by the game is 255.

So don't worry, there is enough place for X-pacs in that regard.

Blizzard has two options as I see it:

1. Keep creating content until it's no longer profitable.

2. Bring the story to an end on their own terms.

Note that this is the same company that allowed huge franchises like Starcraft and Diablo to take long hiatuses (close to a decade each) before releasing new sequels and it's been about a decade since we've had a Warcraft RTS.

I could absolutely see blizzard putting WoW into F2P mode in 2 expansions and letting the franchise take a decade off while they wait for new technology and ideas before making "WoW2"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The only people who I've seen that said WoW will end after a few expansions are the nutcases that call MoP "mope".
    Other than that everyone knows WoW will still make expansions as long as people play.
    That whole "mope" thing is seriously so fucking annoying. It's not clever either, stop it people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will end for multiple of reasons... one being Titan, can't own 2 MMO's and have them both succeed, one or the other will leach... PvP is total trash and at this rate blizzard will lose their whole PvP community... They're not even taking risks or jumps in the MMO-RPG genre... they're playing it safe and doing the same thing over and over and their only strategy to keep you playing if you get bored is with stupid gimicks such as pet battles. WoW is dying and blizzard is aware of it... every expansion from here on out will continue to lose subs... it's been that way since cataclysm and things still haven't changed.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will create content as long as their users are wanting it. Plus WoW is their biggest game unfortunately. Why give up on something that's making you money?